Photo

vendor tipping etiquette

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#51 NYJen

NYJen
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:47 AM

I was planning on getting my WC a gift, rather than giving her a tip. I work across the street from Tiffany's on 5th Avenue in Manhattan so I was thinking about getting her a bracelet or something from there. As for the other vendors, it makes sense to have some extra cash on you for tips if you end up wanting to give them one.

#52 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
    • 108 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:50 PM

I like the idea of giving a gift. And what girl does not love anything that comes in Tiffany's blue box. Thanks for the suggestion!
      KM
      Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#53 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
      • 231 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

I think a gift is a better way to say thank you to your coordinator than a tip, I have never received anything from Tiffany´s but what matter is the detail, for the rest of the vendors a tip is great!

#54 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
        • 108 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Cabo Wedding Coordinator
          I think a gift is a better way to say thank you to your coordinator than a tip, I have never received anything from Tiffany´s but what matter is the detail, for the rest of the vendors a tip is great!
          I will have a mariachi band playing for the cocktail hour, a DJ for the ceremony music and reception and photographer. What are the going tip rates in Cabo for the vendors?

Since the tip is already included in the dinner prices by the hotel, I was not planning to add extra.

Thanks,
          K
          KM
          Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#55 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
          • 231 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by KAMEYER70
            I will have a mariachi band playing for the cocktail hour, a DJ for the ceremony music and reception and photographer. What are the going tip rates in Cabo for the vendors?

Since the tip is already included in the dinner prices by the hotel, I was not planning to add extra.

Thanks,
            K
            I really dont know the tip rates its difficult for mariachi since there are a few on the group, not like the DJ and Photographer which is one person, but I guess you should tip the ones you really like, or think they made a good job, lets say from $20 and up??

#56 PVBride

PVBride
            • 443 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:25 PM

Good Question. I hadn't thought about tipping our WC, either. A few months before the wedding, we were going to send her a small gift to thank her for her work(so far, she has been great!)but maybe we will tip her too. Hmmm...

#57 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
              • 88 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:47 AM

So are tips a percentage of the cost, such as 10%, or do you just give a set amount, which would be much less than 10%, like $50. Do you tip photographers?

#58 lavalos

lavalos
                • 261 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:54 AM

I love the idea of giving the WC a gift from Tiffany. Thanks for posting this question...I'm interested to hear what others advise for other vendors.

#59 raisinblur

raisinblur
                  • 94 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:02 PM

Are you suppose to tip your wedding photographer? If so, how much?

I'm also having engagement photos done and my photographer is charging a separate fee for this session. Do I need to give her a tip for this first? And then give her another tip after she does my wedding?

Thanks in advance!

#60 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

I personally wouldn't tip since you're already paying them a good chunk of change for their services. This topic has come up before on here, and a lot of the photographers said they wouldn't necessarily expect a tip but something like a nice thank you card or small gift as a token of your appreciation is always appreciated.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users