80 replies to this topic

#31 jthrasher

jthrasher
  • Banned
  • 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JaimeLynne
    That's what I would think. If you're paying someone over a thousand dollars to work for you (or whatever it may be), isn't that tip enough?? I don't get why you would tip over that...
    I don't expect a tip at all. Some people just like to give extra tips to show extra appreciation. If you think a vendor really went out of his/her way or went the extra mile, a tip is always appreciated to let them know that. Or, even just a really nice card.

We vendors really like to know that we've made you happy because that's what we're here for.

#32 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

So, Jonathan... if I sent a card only expressing how grateful I am for your work with no tip, you'd be just as happy as if I'd sent you a tip? I'm asking honestly...
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#33 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:51 PM

Good question Courtney.. :-) Fess up Jonathan..

#34 jthrasher

jthrasher
        • Banned
        • 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
          So, Jonathan... if I sent a card only expressing how grateful I am for your work with no tip, you'd be just as happy as if I'd sent you a tip? I'm asking honestly...
          Of course! I'm not going to lie, money is great, BUT, the point of the tip is to express gratitude, and hearing a client tell me how much they appreciated me means more than money. Money is just an added bonus. :-)

#35 jthrasher

jthrasher
          • Banned
          • 486 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 03:26 PM

Gifts are great too. I had a client from last summer send me a $50 gift card to iTunes. It made my day!

#36 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

i wouldn't tip the photog (if working for himself) but would give some $$ to their assistant...i tried to tip my videographer and he flat out refised so i gae him some $$ for his assistant.

i would tip the WC if it is a hotel WC...not sure if it is someone on their own.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#37 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jthrasherphoto.com
              Of course! I'm not going to lie, money is great, BUT, the point of the tip is to express gratitude, and hearing a client tell me how much they appreciated me means more than money. Money is just an added bonus. :-)
              Good to know. I think a card or a little gift is always nice.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#38 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

I am planning on tipping my wc with money and a little gift, I will probably tip the trio also. The dj is expensive so I am not sure, much will have to do with the job he does. The waiters will be tipped on how our service is, just like any other time. It is really hard to judge how much tip money to budget, I think I just need to be prepared.
                Kelly~

#39 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
                • Banned
                • 386 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:12 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Nini_Bride
                  I would be. Seriously...I'm being totally honest.

#40 leigh miller

leigh miller
                  • 936 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

i probably get about 1/2 a dozen tips a year. i always put that money back into the client - extra album pages, a big print, etc... and i NEVER expect a tip. i think the most ive received is $600.

and jill and jonathan are telling the truth. what i love getting the most is a real letter. telling me how special the wedding photos are to them and why. not even telling me how wonderful i am, but how much the photos mean to them. its great to be appreciated!!!

ann it would be so cool to get a we love our wedding photos haiku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users