Sign in to follow this  
NABUMBAH

vendor tipping etiquette

i totally see myself writing to those vendors that helped to make the day extra special, like leigh and nicole (Las Caletas WC), but ummm, a haiku? i'll see what i can do!

(ooohh - look at me ryhming already!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh miller View Post
ann it would be so cool to get a we love our wedding photos haiku wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
i totally see myself writing to those vendors that helped to make the day extra special, like leigh and nicole (Las Caletas WC), but ummm, a haiku? i'll see what i can do!

smile120.gif You two are funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post

you really shouldnt tell me that before the wedding. you should say - haiku. no problem smile78.gif

Yeah I love Haiku

Wrting poems for Leigh is cute

She's a great photog

ok, I'm such a dork but that came to me so fast I had to write it down...lol

you are a dork - but that was cute!

(I was hoping no one noticed my rhyming comment in reference to Haiku! Darn you.)

I realize that this has been discussed before, but I am still not clear.

How much should I tip the following?

Mariachi?

Guitarist?

DJ?

Photographer?

Florist?

I want to have all the cash that I need before I leave. This includes any tipping.

This may sound bad, but by my wedding day I was so SPENT that I only ended up tipping my hair & makeup people. I figured that we paid a fair amount for all of our other vendors, so I did not feel obligated to tip.

I just read the below info on The Knot. It mentions tipping your WC. I had not thought of that. Did anyone else tip theirs? What about the DJ, Photographer, and hotel staff?

From theknot.com http://weddings.theknot.com/quiz/qui...nnel=askcarley

Tipping is considered a reward for exceptional service. Generally speaking, if you're pleased with the bandâ€s performance, you can tip the bandleader about 10% for a job well done (with the expectation that he'll split it with his group). If the whole band goes above and beyond, individual tips may be in order. On the other hand, if your experience is less than satisfactory -- they arrive late, they leave early, they ignore your requests -- it's well within your rights to withhold a tip. Be advised that tipping etiquette varies from vendor to vendor, however. While for some (e.g., your caterers and your limo driver) tipping is practically mandatory, for others (like your invitation designer, florist, and the folks at the bridal salon) it is pretty much unheard of. Still, tips can add up, and you want to be sure you've got room in your budget. If you're unsure who gets what, be sure to check out our complete guide to tipping.