Sign in to follow this  
Heidi

I Got A Job Offer!!!!!

YAY! cheer2.gif I was offered a marketing position with a new company tonight! I've been ITCHING to leave my current job (as I"m sure most of you know...), and sooooooo happy to have an offer.

Here's the downside... the time off STINKS! Like REALLLLLLYYYY bad! Right now at my current job, I get 15 vacation days (since I've been there for 5 yrs), 10 sick days & 3 personal days. This new job has FIVE days off total. But that's just for the 1st year. They're fine with giving me unpaid time off during our wedding, which is great!

It's definitely a lateral move for me right now. New company's health benefits are better, old company's 403b is better, old company's time off is obviously better. But I'm desperate to get out of my old job & I can't freaking stand my boss (but LOVE my coworkers)

SO....I'm 99.99999% sure I'll be accepting, just need to go in tomorrow or early next week to finalize everything.

Oh, one more thing; this company had offered me this position back in May but I decided to stay with my current company. They REALLY wanted to hire me (obviously, hehe wink.gif). Since things at work are getting to bad, I contacted them again and told them why I stayed (felt an allegiance to my company and there was nobody to take over my work) and asked if there was an opening. 2 weeks later (today!), they 'found' a place for me. Essentially they're creating this position for me. It'd be nice to work somewhere where I would be appreciated...

So sorry for the long vent! rolleyes.gif

(Philly girls; this one's in Glenside, so I'd still be here! wink.gif)

Wooohoooo!!! Congrats Heidi! What a way to start the new year off right!

I defitenly understand your concerns about making a lateral move. Sometimes, you just have to take chances and hope for the best. I did a similar job move (went to a waay smaller company from a fortune 500) and I can say this is one of the best things that has happened to me (even though my benefits suck!) in the past year and 1/2 and I'm glad I took a risk and went out on a limb.

But this new company must have seen something they LOVED in you to make space just for you. I mean who wouldnt want to work with you :~)

When do you start? Would you be doing the same thing?

I am so happy for you! Congrats again sweetie. smile03.gif

Yah!! Congrats Heidi. I'm so excited you get to leave your wretched boss. Although I would seriously have a hard time coping with 5 vacation days, I'm sure you will feel so much better to be under less stress. I had the bitchiest boss too and literally, once I got a new job I felt so much better. My FI told me he liked me again...hehe.

wow heidi that is awesome. sounds like they really are gung-ho about having you on board which is terrific. yeah, the 5 day vacation time thing sucks, but it's only for the first year and you won't have to deal with your crappy boss anymore, so it all kind of evens out in the end!

congrats on the new job!

Heidi that is great news! I think that getting out of your current job is going to be so good for you

yay, heidi, congrats! that's awesome news! are you going to be doing the same thing at the new place?

5 days in the first year isn't bad, esp b/c they're ok w/ time off for the wedding - so it's more than 5 days, and then you'll get more next year, right?

Thanks everyone!!! hug2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
When do you start? Would you be doing the same thing?
I don't know when I'd start! TBD once I go over there! I don't know EXACTLY what I'd be doing yet either! It's for a travel operator, and last time I interviewed with them they were interested in having me work on internet marketing campaigns or marketing communications pieces (brochures, etc). Who knows now?! But I"m excited to do SOMETHING new; I've been doing the SAME thing for 5 years now!

Plus, I left out the BEST benefit they have... once I've been there for 1 year, I get a free trip. First anniversary trip?! wink.gif

Yay Heidicheer2.gif I'm so happy for you. Yes, 5 days off does stink; but it would be so good for you to leave your current job. I can't wait til you tell your horrible boss you're leaving!

Congrats heidi, I like to see good things happen to good people. Its about time! :)