Photo

I-pod VS Band

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:26 PM

I had origionally decided to have a steel drum band for my wedding ceremony. It is $350 for one hour. Now, I am pretty sure FI is getting me the new Bose portable sound box for Christmas. I don't know if I should still pay for the steel drum band or just use the sound box. I will be using the sound box for the reception.
    Brittney & Peter
    July 12, 2008
    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:31 PM

i vote for the steel drum - that is so amazing in person and unique - you will not regret it, especially if you are only doing it for the ceremony - it is cheaper and will really create a differential between the ceremony and the reception!

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

It's Jamaica, mon! If you have the money for it, I think the steel band would really add to the whole ambiance and make it EXTRA special!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
        • 2,302 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Heidi
          It's Jamaica, mon! If you have the money for it, I think the steel band would really add to the whole ambiance and make it EXTRA special!
          Ditto! :~) I think it will be more memorable that way.
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#5 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 13 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

if you already have it in your budget go for the band, but if you want to save then use the ipod
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#6 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:16 PM

I would still have the steel drum band. We did the mariachi for our cocktail hour and I liked how we had something mexican, the steel drum band will give it that carribean feel. We then used our ipod for the reception.

#7 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 06:24 PM

If you can, do the Steel Drum Band for $350. Sandals is charging $600 for theirs!!! (And $600 for a DJ for 3 hours...) Rui's prices seem like a steal!! LOL!!

#8 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
              • 679 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 12:59 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMrsButler08
                We are going to opt for the iPod, but my question is...how would I get the Sound box to travel easily? The steel band would be nice, but yes we are on a budget and I did find a whole lot of Jamaican songs that are going to be perfect. That way I can carry my ipod wherever I go...the cocktail party, reception dinner, disco (hopefully the DJ will have a hook up or should I make cd's?)

I am getting the Bose portable Sound Box. It is small, so it can be carried easily. The sound is awesome too! It is expensive though. I believe it is going for $400. They have another model that is $300, but it is not portable.
                Brittney & Peter
                July 12, 2008
                Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 December 2007 - 02:38 AM

We did our own music because we were particular about what songs we wanted played, but a steel drum band will rock and I say go for it!

Our wedding was in Mexico and we didn't get a Mariachi or Salsa band because we see those often where we live, but a steel drum band is less common and totally festive.

Maybe you can hook the Ipod up later at the reception and have it both ways?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users