Finger DO or Finger DON'T

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Reggie

• 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:28 AM

Well recently, while Christmas shopping, Heidi suggested we go check out groom wedding bands. I ended up getting a tungsten ring that has to be specially sized so I will not get it until about Christmas time. When I do get, Do I Keep it or, give it to my best man to hold onto? I am posting a poll.

#2 starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:42 AM

Okay I voted to imrove the pimp slap and wear it on the right because it was so darn funny....rofl!

I don't know...Will bought his when we got to Mexico and kept it in his luggage in a sock or something...lol I would probably say to put it somewhere safe and out of sight at home. Wouldn't want to trust a buddy to keep it secure.

#3 Diana

• 167 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:55 AM

Pimp !hand vote for me too!!

#4 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

I vote for the pimp hand too, you are too darn funny!! Just keep it in a safe place at your house in the box...

#5 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Diana
            Pimp !hand vote for me too!!
            Ditto! lol.

But I agree with Jamy, I would keep it somewhere safe at home, even if you have a best man you think you can trust to keep it. Its holiday time (sad to say its increased break-in times) and you don't want anyone being responsible for something so important, especially seeing your wedding is a couple of months away. Also, if anyone is like me, months later I often forget where I've placed certain things! lol
            2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#6 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

I happen to know a few hobbits who may be available for the journey...
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#7 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:52 AM

I vote you hold onto it until you leave for you wedding, then if your friends are anything like Cain's.. well they will be drinking so much I don't think I would trust this to hold onto it. What we did Is I held onto both our wedding bands and the day of the wedding we gave them to Cain's ma (she presented us with our rings since we didn't have a MOH or BM) I'm super anal so I had problems trusting anyone with my rings.. BUt that's just me...

OH and might I suggest something, since Tungsten can't be sized, make sure you don't get the ring to fit you now when it's cold out side, get it a tad bigger so that in the summer you can still take it on and off. Cain also has a tungsten and ended up getting it too small so in the summer it won't come off..

#8 Reggie

• 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:16 AM

Thanks, yea before I had the guy send the order, I double checked the size, It should be ok, because it has some extra space and comes off comfortabley. So I hope the extra space is enough for summer swelling. BUT I usually muck things up so we will see..

#9 1elephant

• VIP Member
                  • 15,998 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:22 AM

i think the hobbit would be the best bet. middle earth would be a very safe place for stashing wedding bands.

#10 Christine

• VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:31 AM

My hubby got tungsteng (okay totally butchered that). We got it early also just in case the size came in wrong. We kept it in a safe place at home until we left. Our best man lives far away so that wouldn't have worked for us.
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users