Photo

Blue Peel Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 meandpaul

meandpaul
  • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:17 PM

I have an appointment next Tuesday (eek) for my blue peel. Have any of you had this done? I have had 2 before and they are a bit painful. I will literally be blue (just call me Smurfette) for a day or so then my skin (face only) will begin to dry up and some top layers peel off. Getting old (looking) is the pitts.

#2 starfish kate

starfish kate
    • 455 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:28 PM

I have never heard of a blue peel.... Is it the same as a chemical peel? I've been thinking about trying something for a few months now. I turned 30 in May and now I have all sorts of wrinkles around my eyes and terrible acne around my chin area. Does this automatically happen when you turn 30??!
      Kate

#3 meandpaul

meandpaul
      • 233 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by starfish kate
        I have never heard of a blue peel.... Is it the same as a chemical peel? I've been thinking about trying something for a few months now. I turned 30 in May and now I have all sorts of wrinkles around my eyes and terrible acne around my chin area. Does this automatically happen when you turn 30??!
        Well I am 33 so....

I had it done quite a few years ago for acne scars and for my blotchiness. I think it is similar to a chemical peel but more invasive. I think the blue peel goes deeper (I [I]think[I]) I want to have 2 done before my wedding so one now and another in 3 or 4 months. We'll see. I am getting it done next Tuesday and am taking the rest of the week of and maybe Christmas Eve...depending on how I look.

#4 starfish kate

starfish kate
        • 455 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 01:16 PM

You'll have to let me (us) know how it goes!
          Kate

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:07 PM

I have never heard of it, but can you post before and after so we know what it is? I am all for doing whatever makes you look good, pain and all, so maybe I will have to look into it!

#6 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 02:17 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
              I have never heard of it, but can you post before and after so we know what it is? I am all for doing whatever makes you look good, pain and all, so maybe I will have to look into it!
              Ditto. I always say beauty is pain.
              Happily married since 2008

#7 beachbride08

beachbride08
              • VIP Member
              • 2,372 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by meandpaul
                I have an appointment next Tuesday (eek) for my blue peel. Have any of you had this done? I have had 2 before and they are a bit painful. I will literally be blue (just call me Smurfette) for a day or so then my skin (face only) will begin to dry up and some top layers peel off. Getting old (looking) is the pitts.
                This doesn't sound fun. Definitely post pics, I want to see your blue face!
                Michelle

#8 meandpaul

meandpaul
                • 233 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:42 AM

Uh, pics? What are pics? I'm not sure I understand...huh, I cant hear you....

I promise to seriously think about it. I am taking time off of work so that no one sees me. I dont think before and after photos would work b/c the changes are subtle so I doubt a camera would pick them up. Besides, if I got a close up shot of my skin, you would see my large pores - gross. Some of ya'll might know what that is like..you know those small, round mirrors that make everything biy and are on display at Linens N Things...you walk by and moan b/c you see your pores that the regular mirror at home doesnt show.

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

OMG, don't I know it. I have the pore problem as well, which is why I wanted to see the before and after, but I understand if you don't want to become known as Smurfette, so I will take your word on it working ;-)

#10 edna

edna
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:12 PM

here is what I found on blue peel, there are pics of before and after...

Obagi Medical Products : OBAGI BLUE PEEL SYSTEM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users