Photo

Candy Buffet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
  • 490 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

For those of you that had or are having a candy buffet, where did you buy your candy? Did you purchase it in bulk online or did you buy it once you got to your location?

If we plan on doing this I'm not sure if we should just do one color or just a mix of everything. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks!!

#2 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
    • 490 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:40 PM

#3 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:27 PM

This thread may help you some.. http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t6916
        I know there are pictures too.
        When ours was a DW the plan was to buy the stuff before and travel with it otherwise you risk not being able to find what you want. On the flip side you have to worry about melting. LALA should be posting photos of hers very soon!

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

Im doing one and I am trying to keep the candy in my wedding colours.

#5 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:49 PM

this is the best website I have found for candy, and when you sign up they send you a 10% coupon to your email off your first purchase

Bulk Candy | Wholesale Candy | Bulk Chocolate

#6 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:03 PM

We got our candy in bulk before we got there - some online and some at costco. We took it down during our site visit in August and left it there until last week. It was fine - not stale or anything. The wedding coordinators just lined baskets with white napkins and put the candy in there with a big spoon. We only had red and blue candy. I'll post a pic as soon as I can find one!

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LALA
                We got our candy in bulk before we got there - some online and some at costco. We took it down during our site visit in August and left it there until last week. It was fine - not stale or anything. The wedding coordinators just lined baskets with white napkins and put the candy in there with a big spoon. We only had red and blue candy. I'll post a pic as soon as I can find one!
                oh, I didn't know you were having a candy buffet! Did your guest love it? can't wait to see a pic....

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 01:45 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by beachbride
                  oh, I didn't know you were having a candy buffet! Did your guest love it? can't wait to see a pic....
                  I can't find a pic yet! Ugh!

Everyone loved it and made a bag of candy. I saw people eating it by the pool the day after. DH and I took a bag with us to Todos Santos too! There were these blue candies that turned your mouth blue. There are (somewhere) some funny pics of DH's grandma with her tongue out and it's all blue!!! So funny!

#9 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
                  • 490 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:12 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride
                    this is the best website I have found for candy, and when you sign up they send you a 10% coupon to your email off your first purchase

Great! Thank you both!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users