• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

As many of you know I'm addicted to shutterfly. Here are some presents I have made for this Christmas.

Everyone gets a calendar. I made collages this year using lumapix. My FI's mom, 2 sisters & grandma get one calendar design that has pictures of their family. Then I made a different version for my mom, dad & grandma. The orange one is the calendar I made for us. It has pages from both of our family calendars & then some pages with pictures of friends. I like that you can enter in all your birthdays & anniversaries to print ont he calendar. It saves them for each year. This year I got to put "Mike & Morgan's wedding on June 21st"!!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

I made mike's 3 nephews & 1 niece "dora the explorer" & "go, diego, go" books. It's just like making a regular photobook, but the borders are pictures of dora & diego. Shutterfly has spongebob & sesame street books too.

This is a wedding gift I made for a friend. She lived in London from sept 06-sept 07. The book is a compilation of her pictures while she was there. I also put two of her pictures on coffee mugs. The popcorn container is a joke, because she kepts popping popcorn while we were there even though it kept catching on fire in her microwave. The page is an 8x10 print. We went to see her in march. When we got back we made a list of the funniest moments from the trip. I typed them up & surrounded the list with pictures of the funny moments. If you can read the small text, they are all probably "you had to be there" funny moments.

Update:
    Everyone really enjoyed thier shutterfly presents. I was a lot of fun giving everyone such personal gifts this year. I wasn't sure how the kids would react to the books, but they enjoyed them. They flipped through each page before opening the rest of their gifts.
    Mike's niece with her dora book
    friend at her rehersal dinner looking at the london book
    grandma with her calendar

#2 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:33 AM

those are really great gifts, Morgan!

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

great job Morgan!
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

Great job, Morgan! I've been working on a 12x12 wedding book for our moms for Christmas. I'm almost done. I'm hoping to order it this week so it can make it by Christmas.

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:20 AM

morgan those are so thoughtful - i love them!!!!!

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 11:43 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by LisaG
            Great job, Morgan! I've been working on a 12x12 wedding book for our moms for Christmas. I'm almost done. I'm hoping to order it this week so it can make it by Christmas.
            Here are some codes you can use. I get my shutterfly savings from **CHAT THREAD** Shutterfly - New Codes and Other Coupons Compiled - SlickDeals.net Forums

If you login to your account via this link you will get a 10% off coupon good for 30 days from the day you enter it. Shutterfly | Join The link will be online till 12/31/2008, the coupon is good for 30 days from the day you use it.

Free Shipping on orders over $30.00 use coupon code: UPS1-SAVE (Valid through 12/21/07)

For 15% off order expires Oct 31, 2008. VS09-VISA thanks to arsukoho

Save 20% Calendars & Photo Books: 33AF-CLBK (Offer expires January 3, 200

DSBA-SFLY works "Digital Scrapbooking (Booth) - 20% off 12x12 DigiScrapbook"

#7 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
            • 2,302 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:23 PM

Morgan, I think these will make awesome Christmas gifts! Everyone will love them and have something to cherish and can look back at these books in the future, especially the kids. I always did like receiving gifts with a "special" touch. Awesome job!
              2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
              • VIP Member
              • 18,452 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:25 PM

I know FI is having some things made from snapfish for xmas that are gifts to me. He can't keep secrets! I'll have to post them when I get them.

But your shutterfly ones are really nice. I can't wait till my nephew is old enough for one of those books. And the funny moments is a really good idea. You did great!
                ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:51 PM

nice work, those are great!

#10 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 6,996 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

Those are awesome Morgan! I made a book of my BFF's trip to Italy this fall- I think photo gifts are the best.

I love those Dora & Diego books too- I think I'm going to do one for my niece's b-day.

Great job! You're such a great DIY-er!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users