Photo

Official seal from State of HA for officiant?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hi HA brides, has anyone used, or know of someone who has used, their own officiant in Hawaii? Doug's brother is getting ordained on the internet (ha!) to marry us. We know for Hawaii to recognize this legal marriage he needs to get some sort of seal or something that says Hawaii approves of him doing this. Does anyone know what this seal is called and how he can obtain one? Thanks in advance :)

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:08 PM

i don't know anything but am also getting married in HI and would love to know as well!

#3 Chiquita

Chiquita
    • 2,674 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:23 PM

There are a couple of girls who lived in HA on here, maybe they know or can help?

#4 TA Dina

TA Dina
      • 181 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

Check out this website. There is a number you can call and they can most likey point you in the right direction.

Hawaii State Department of Health - www.hawaii.gov/health

I'm trying to get more direct info from a contact I have at the Visitor's Bureau. If I hear back from her I'll post back.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 December 2007 - 03:53 PM

thanks dina, that would be great :) i had looked at the website before but it doesn't say how to go about getting the seal, just that you need one.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:15 PM

BUMP
        For anyone who needs to know:
        Once your "person" gets "officiated" (we just went online to Universal Life Church ULC Ordinations.org - Free Online ordinations) you need to order a letter of good standing from ulc (or wherever they got ordained) and then have your officient contact 808-586-4540 in HA. The person that answers will give them the info they need. Basically, HA will snail-mail your officient the application they need to fill out in order to be commissioned to perform a ceremony in HA. Your officient will send in this app along with their letter of good standing, and in return HA will mail them a license stating they are commissioned. The application and license are free, but the letter of good standing was like $10.95 or something thru ULC.
        OK, hope this helps someone!

#7 *tanga*

*tanga*
        • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

*BUMP*

So does anyone know for sure if to get the official seal you can just post the form in (we are in Australia) prior to the wedding?? If anyone has done this some feedback would be great.

I emailed the relevant authority and they couldn't help at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users