Site visit in 3 days - NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jentwo

• 66 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Hi ladies,

I'm going to Playa Del Carmen in three days and am going to look at the Royal and Blue Parrot for my reception / ceremony. The reason I'm freaking out is that I feel like I need another option to look at... I was considering El Dorado Royale but am leaning away from it given the beach situation and location away from 5th street.

Here is the gist of my needs / wants:

-75 guests estimated
    -targeting Nov. 2008 for event
    -want to get married on beach
    -would like all guests to be able to stay in same place if possible (assuming they want to)
    -have a fiance that feels guilty asking guests to stay at an all-inclusive
    -would like to be near 5th ave to allow guests to have something to do without cabs...

Anyone have any last minute thoughts for me regarding places to check out?

#2 nylalany

• 625 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:30 PM

I think the Blue Parrot is now Playa Palms and they are renovating the rooms?
      Playa Palms Beach Boutique Hotel | Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico | Home
      PLEASE let me know what you think of the place, as I didn't get to see it while I was down there.
      Another cute little place I heard about is Petite Lafitte:
      Petit Lafitte Resort in Playa del Carmen presented by Turquoise Reef Group
      It includes breakfast and dinner I believe, but isn't an AI. It is a little further north and new this year, but with the same management as Captain Lafitte something or other than everyone seems to have loved.

I have gotten the opposite pressure (towards AI), with around the same size group, and these are a couple of the places I would have considered if I wasn't pushed towards AI, but I didn't get a chance to see either, so I'd love to hear about them from you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users