Photo

Wedding newsletters

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 albianstar

albianstar
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 12:29 AM

I saw this on anohter website and thought it was a great idea to make a newsletter for all your guests guests
    I will post mine for ideas
    I cut and paste it so the pictures and arrangemetn was lost but you get he idea....

Welcome To Our Jamaica Wedding!!!

Fun Facts

•The average engagement lasts Six Months
    •The Longest Engagement, according to Guinness Book of world Records is 67 Years! The happy couple finally wed at age 82!
    •One in five men propose on bended Knee
    •Engagement rings are worn on the 4th finger of the left hand because ancient Egyptians thought that the “vein of Love” ran directly to the heart
    •A fairly passionate Kiss burns 9 calories
    •The average person will spend 20,160 minutes kissing! Pucker up Baby!!
    •Studies revealed a man who kisses his wife every morning when he leaves will have higher incomes than those who don’t – and they live an average of 5 Years longer!

•Ocho Rios, or "Ochee" as it is known locally is where our hotel, Riu is located - it attracts more than 700,000 tourists each year
    •Prior to the arrival of Columbus in 1494, Jamaica was inhabited by Arawaks, living in simple communities
    •Pimento tree is native to the island, the source of allspice, adds itself to numerous Jamaican dishes.

What to Eat In Jamaica
    •Rice and Peas – this is a dish of rice and red beans- known as peas, usually a side dish to jerk Chicken
    •Jerk Chicken – Local favorite , a bbq roasted chicken with Scotch Bonnet pepper and allspice - don’t be scared its not a spicy as you think
    •Jamaican Pattie – a meat pie is a descendant of English Pastie

•Akee Fruit, cooked with salt fish and similar to scrambled eggs

•Rum – Jamaicans are great at it 

What To Do – Besides lounge by the pool
    •Dunn River Falls – Jamaica’s beautiful Falls , walk up the falls and enjoy the water
    •Dolphin Cove -Jamaica's only dolphin attraction, where visitors can swim with them
    •Chukka cove - From polo lessons to three-hour horseback rides along scenic beach trails, horse lovers will enjoy an afternoon or more at this equestrian centre.
    •Red Stripe cruise - See Dunn's Falls with some reggae in your ears and some Red Stripe beer in your tummy: this cruise takes you to some choice snorkeling spots near the falls.

AVACADO
    BANANA
    CHERIMOYA
    DATES
    FIGS
    GUAVA
    JACKFRUIT
    KIWI
    LYCHEE
    MANGO
    PAPAYA
    PASSIONFRUIT
    PINEAPPLE
    POMEGRANITE
    SOPODILLA
    STARFRUIT
    TAMARIND
    Try to find all 17 words on this board.
    J T H D A F E I M A F I T W Q
    X V B F T Q G I D Z Y A J G L
    W F T A M A R I N D O G I Z W
    W E W I N A R X L S P T I T G
    B W L D U A N S X G R I Z Q I
    V G K P I R N G D Z O U Q F C
    E Y V I P Z F A O S Q R O M H
    N E C S W A R N S G I F D G E
    F C H L E I E O O A J R A U R
    P J T C H T D N R I N A C A I
    F P D O Y X A V I C S T A V M
    F Q J A L L I D O P O S V A O
    D M J Y L T I U R F K C A J Y
    Z K H E T I N A R G E M O P A
    T A Q A Y A P A P T A J X H B

Wedding Details
    The wedding is scheduled for December 28th at 3PM. It will be in the beach Gazebo, but is subject to change. We will keep you all up to date on the exact plans once we speak to the Riu wedding coordinator at the resort

#2 Golden

Golden
    • 354 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:59 PM

Good idea!!

#3 bre

bre
      • 205 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:12 AM

You have some great ideas for your newsletter. I might have to borrow them and tweak them for Mexico. I just started working on mine this weekend so I've attached a DRAFT form. It's very far from being done but so far, I love it. This is the one we are going to mail a couple weeks before we leave. I'll do another version for the OOT bags.

I used a template in Pages, a Mac program, to create it.

Attachment 1298

Attached Files

Bre & Pete
        January 19, 2008
        El Dorado Royale

#4 albianstar

albianstar
        • 82 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:49 PM

bre
          WOW
          no wonder mac is catching on the newsletter loks professional !
          Great job!

#5 bre

bre
          • 205 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by albianstar
            bre
            WOW
            no wonder mac is catching on the newsletter loks professional !
            Great job!
            Thanks! Mac has way better templates than PCs, just because of their history of design work. I actually use a Mac both at home and at work and love it. Plus, I use this program for a number of work projects but that's also b/c my company is too cheap to buy me real design programs!
            Bre & Pete
            January 19, 2008
            El Dorado Royale

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

Great idea albianstar! I love all the fun facts you included about engagements and Jamaica.
              Bre- yours looks amazing.
              I hope I can do something like that for my guests.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
              • 308 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

This is awesome - Bre, I hope you don't mind that I borrow some of your ideas for my EDR wedding newsletter (of course since I'm a pc user it won't look half as nice). I was just going to send out a little email to everyone before we left with little reminders (especially about the dress code for my future brother-in law lol!), but this is a much better idea!

#8 LadyP

LadyP
                • 3,156 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 10:42 PM

those are nice does any one have one for st thomas that i can steal?

#9 bre

bre
                  • 205 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nolaroy724
                    This is awesome - Bre, I hope you don't mind that I borrow some of your ideas for my EDR wedding newsletter (of course since I'm a pc user it won't look half as nice). I was just going to send out a little email to everyone before we left with little reminders (especially about the dress code for my future brother-in law lol!), but this is a much better idea!
                    THanks! I would have preferred to do an email b/c of the pain of printing, envelopes, and postage, but some of our guests (FMIL) are still not online. But I do a lot of things like this for work, so it's easy and I enjoy the design aspect (I majored in advertising in college).

On a PC you should try working in Publisher. I'm not sure if that part of the standard Office Suite but I recall that it has some decent templates.

Dress code is a big thing for the resort. I definitely put that in for my FBILs!! I'm also going to put more details on attire for the wedding. I think some people were confused by "elegant summer attire" on the reception card.

I'll post a final version when I'm done. Hopefully, I can add some more EDR ideas that people can use.
                    Bre & Pete
                    January 19, 2008
                    El Dorado Royale

#10 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
                    • 710 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by bre 

You have some great ideas for your newsletter. I might have to borrow them and tweak them for Mexico. I just started working on mine this weekend so I've attached a DRAFT form. It's very far from being done but so far, I love it. This is the one we are going to mail a couple weeks before we leave. I'll do another version for the OOT bags.

I used a template in Pages, a Mac program, to create it.

Attachment 1298

Thank You for sharing!! I seem to be having a problem tweaking this newsletter. I have a MAC and am not very familiar on how to navigate. Do you have the template available? If so, please send it to me through a PM. If a template is not available and you can guide me on how to make the changes, that'll be great as well. Thanks!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users