Sign in to follow this  
TammyWright

Dreams Brides~Post HERE!

I recommend staying at Dreams to get the a good feel of the place. That is what I did and it made a world of difference to try the food & the drinks, sleep in the beds, etc.

We stayed at Dreams for our rehearsal dinner instead of going offsite. I would have loved to do that, but #1 we had people there (my parents) who wouldn't leave the resort because they were paranoid and had never been out of the country before. I didn't want to set up tables and do the catering thing, because it just seemed to me like another reception. I wanted my wedding dinner to feel different. SO we had our rehearsal dinner at Portofino at Dreams. It was really good and worked out perfectly. However, we did a rehearsal dinner, not a welcome dinner. We included bridal party and family only, which ended up being 40. We only paid $18pp (for set up and service) and that included alcohol...not a bad deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpkw View Post
Hello - we have officially decided on Dreams (much thanks to Tammy host)!! We're getting married on June 3rd 2007. I still can't believe we actually have a date! We're going to Cabo for our site visit over New Yrs but I haven't organized anything yet for that visit! I was going to use Blanca as a coordinator but it sometimes takes a while for her to respond. Should I have her coordinate all of our vendor meetings during our site visit, or should I do it? There is so much info on this forum, I kind of have an idea of who we should meet with.

Also, how did you girls contact Juan? I keep reading the rave reviews and want to see if he is available on 6/3.

I will take TONS of pics when we are down there and post a review afterwards. Does anyone need me to do anything for them in Cabo? I'll be there 12/28-1/5 (with a trip to Todo Santos & La Paz as well if we can fit it in).

Do most Dreams brides do everything at Dreams (welcome dinner, rehearsal dinner...)? We want to do our wedding on the beach and will def have our reception there but I wasn't sure if we should go off site one of the nights for a welcome thing or our rehearsal dinner... Also, did anyone plan any daily activities for your guests? We may have ~80 people!

One other thing - I LOVE the lantern idea (rebecca)... maybe some of us could share since most of us are getting married in May/June...?
Jen
I've arranged to host a welcome party at the beach on property and the only activities are golf and spa. Trying to arrange transportation got costly and if people got too drunk while in the city I didn't want to be responsable.

Plus the prcing at Dreams couldn't be beat.

Hey ladies just wanted to let you know that Mariana got back to me on the lanterns for Cascada Terrace and she said it is a no! The maintance guy told her that the space was too big. So that sucks! I really wanted them. Anyone else have any different ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie M View Post
Hey ladies just wanted to let you know that Mariana got back to me on the lanterns for Cascada Terrace and she said it is a no! The maintance guy told her that the space was too big. So that sucks! I really wanted them. Anyone else have any different ideas?
That does suck, I am at the cascade terrace as well. After seeing Rebecca's pics I was really excited about the paper lanterns. An alternative is paper floor lamps around the perimeter of the dance floor. See below:

IKEA | home | Lighting | Floor lamps | Sculptures | DUDERÖ Floor lamp

That is a bummer. I don;t see why they can't rent freestanding pillars or something to connect them to?

I like the floor lanterns that Jenetta suggested. Those would be pretty too!

I know that really sucks they can't do the lanterns! I do like the floor lamps! I was also thinking of doing the luminaries with our monogram on them around the dance floor? Do you think people will knock them over?

Quote:
I know that really sucks they can't do the lanterns! I do like the floor lamps! I was also thinking of doing the luminaries with our monogram on them around the dance floor? Do you think people will knock them over?
Try putting sand in the bags to hold them up

Quote:
I think if people are drinking they could step on them, or IN them!! What about lots and lots for Tiki torches?? They are really beautiful!