Personal Wedding Website

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#81 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:24 PM

I got a free website on weddingchannel.com. It's nothing fancy, but does the job. Our web address is mazzolaandkenney.weddings.com.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#82 jessyg20

jessyg20
    • 263 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

Opice 34, for $15 more, I have my own doman name at weddingwindow. It's so worth it. If you want check mine out, jessicaandchristian.com.
      Jessy

My Planning Thread-Updated Links
      http://bestdestinati....-thread-30226/
      Wedding Pictures Link Threadhttp://bestdestinati....perfect-31186/NH Arena Real Wedding Reviewhttp://bestdestinati....ew-pics-32477/

#83 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:46 PM

I don't have the entire site enabled yet, only the free part. I wanted to wait until we send out our STD's to maximize the length of time our $89 for one year will last! For now we have the address below, but before I send them I'll pay for the site to get the real domain name and add that to our STD's.

Wedding Website | Abbie and Doug
      password: hawaii

#84 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:26 PM

we paid $79 for our wedding window site for one year, and then another $9.99 for our domain name through go daddy

it was totally worth it. we love having our own domain name and people are always commenting on how fancy it is and that we must be great with that junk - little do they know it was so easy and it took hardly any work!

#85 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
      • 1,565 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by host
        here are some great places to get a personal wedding website that is more customized than theknot.com.

Free Wedding Website Trial | Personal Wedding Websites

Wedding Websites - Create your free premium wedding web site!
        i liked those two the most. the fact that they are free is really great and i liked their designs. real simple and still elegant. the other ones you posted were nice but the websites were so cluttered and the designs were fancier and all but im always drawn more to the simple :) good work finding some great options for everyone

#86 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jean-marcus
          i liked those two the most. the fact that they are free is really great and i liked their designs. real simple and still elegant. the other ones you posted were nice but the websites were so cluttered and the designs were fancier and all but im always drawn more to the simple :) good work finding some great options for everyone
          The first one, wedding window, isn't free.

I agree a simple design is best. It's also more friendly for our family that still have dial up internet.

#87 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
          • 5,681 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Has anyone recenty used Personal Wedding Websites - WedQuarters.com
            I dont know what to do....Wedquarters.com is $29.95 per year and an extra $14.95 per year for your own .com, so about $45 for a year with my own .com. I would love to sign up and do weddingwindow.com because I like the templates they have a little better but they are $99 per year, plus $15 for your own .com, so that is about $115. $70.00 difference....and do I really need my own .com? $70-85 to spend elswhere? What would you do?
            Thanks girls!! :)

#88 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenn3878
              Has anyone recenty used Personal Wedding Websites - WedQuarters.com
              I dont know what to do....Wedquarters.com is $29.95 per year and an extra $14.95 per year for your own .com, so about $45 for a year with my own .com. I would love to sign up and do weddingwindow.com because I like the templates they have a little better but they are $99 per year, plus $15 for your own .com, so that is about $115. $70.00 difference....and do I really need my own .com? $70-85 to spend elswhere? What would you do?
              Thanks girls!! :)
              I didn't mind not having our own .com. I used a cute font when I put the website on our save the dates so i like that it was longer. I used weddingannouncer.com. I was very happy with it & it's free. Guests have been really impressed by the site.

#89 Bride010101

Bride010101
              • 1,547 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:27 AM

I have to agree with Morgan... I am using weddingannouncer.com and love it. At first I was thinking about spending money for my own site... but wedding announcer has some great features. It is easy to use and fairly customizable. Plus its free! None of my guests have had any difficulties looking at it... all my classmates were quite impressed (a group of the girls had it pulled up today and were showing it around). I would suggest taking a look at some of the free sites to see if they have what you need before you spend the money.

#90 majnooni

majnooni
                • 90 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:19 PM

We're using WeddingWindow.com. It's nice since you can have unlimited photos and pages. But, the interface is a bit clunky to use and can be confusing. We've been very happy with what we have been able to put together.

Wedding Website - Cheryl & Will

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users