Ok 2 have Friend Marry Us?????

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tlomlad

• Banned
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:38 PM

My fi is having trouble picking his best man so we were talking about having one of them read the ceremony since we are going to do the legal stuff here in the states and the wedding will be symbolic down in cancun.

Has any one done or heard of this before and would the resort have any regulations against it?

Thanks for all your help ladies!!!!!

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:06 AM

yes you can...we wrote our vows and had a friend officiate.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:11 AM

I am doing the same thing...it is making it extra special for us to have a close friend officiate.

#4 ACDCDCAC

• Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:11 PM

I was just gonna start this thread then I saw this one! We are having Dougs oldest brother (his best friend) get ordained online and be our officiant so it is legal. It's a little different for us since our Fake wedding at home (the big one) will not be legal, but he will still officiate it; and then at our Real wedding (the intimate, destination one) he will be able to officiate and make it legal in Hawaii.

#5 babycow

• 367 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 04:59 PM

I think it would be great to have a friend marry you. It’ll make it more personal and memorable. I’m very interested in what others say on what the resorts allow. We are thinking of having the resort’s minister do the ceremony in Spanish and then have one of FI’s brothers translate into English. I got the idea from someone on the board but can’t remember who (thanks, BDW bride). That way it won’t feel like we were married by a stranger; and my parents will be able to understand the ceremony too. Plus, this fixes the whole heavily accented minister problem that other Dreams Tulum brides have noted. I’ve still to ask the wedding coordinator if this is going to be possible, I am writing my own ceremony so hopefully they will allow it. *fingers crossed*
        Erica and Tim
        Dreams Tulum
        May 17, 2008

#6 Christine

• VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:32 PM

I think it would mean a lot to have a friend officiate, we had some friends do some of the vendor jobs at our wedding (best friend made the cake and another friend was the DJ) and it make it really special and wonderful to have people who have a vested interest in your marriage working being a part of the day.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users