where are the best places to stay in San Diego CA

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

Hello Girls and Gents,

What are the nicest things to do and where are the nicest places to stay in (for two nights) in SAn Diego CA? Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks much!

#2 Yari

• VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:27 AM

I love the Gas Lamp Quarter! The Hilton is awesome!! I highly recommend it. There is so much do down there, have fun!

#3 JessicaM

• Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:47 AM

Originally Posted by yari2566
        I love the Gas Lamp Quarter! The Hilton is awesome!! I highly recommend it. There is so much do down there, have fun!
        OHHH the Gas Lamp District is SOOO fun!! Great places to eat, drink, tons to do there!! We stayed at a hotel called Hotel Solamar right there and it was really nice!

#4 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 02:55 AM

The gaslamp is a really cool area. Lots of hotels and nightlife there. San Diego has tons of great restaurants and clubs, also a House of Blues which is cool. Welcome to gaslamp.org | Shop Dine Play Gaslamp - Issue 1 - title

The Hotel del Coronado is a historic landmark, lots of celebrity action over the years. Gorgeous and very old-school. If you've seen the old movie Some Like It Hot, it was filmed there. I haven't stayed there in years but when I did it was really charming and on a beautiful beach. San Diego Resorts, California Hotels On The Beach & CA Coast Vacations - Hotel Del Coronado

San Diego is an awesome place and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Have fun!

#5 JessicaM

• Vendor
          • 1,969 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 03:01 AM

I don't know if you are familiar with Travelzoo.com but they have a couple of great deals going on right now for San Diego and hotel within the Gas lamp district are on there....just thought I would share.

San Francisco Hotels, Los Angeles Hotels, and More | Travelzoo

#6 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for your responses ladies! I appreciate it very much!

#7 Christine

• VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

La Jolla is beautiful and of course Pacific Beach is a very fun area to go to. I went to college in San Diego and my mom lives there so I am there all the time. let me know if you have any other questions about stuff to do there.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:29 PM

i definately recommend renting a bike and biking around la jolla.. the best part is picking out your favorite houses because they're pretty ridiculous! :)

#9 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:38 PM

i also really like the marriott marina. i've always gotten exceptional service there and its really nice. the yacht club restaurant is also delicious there! if you make it over to seaport village theres this cool little store (i forget the name of it) that sells seashell night lights and other assorted pretty things with seashells. i agree with the other gals also that the gaslamp quarter is fun :)

#10 KarlaV

• 171 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 07:48 PM

The W has a nice rooftop beach.
                  I like the Sofia Hotel; downtown: The Sofia Hotel in San Diego, member of the National Trust Historic Hotels of America.
                  Cafe Sevilla is so much fun for dancing. And great sangria! Spanish Restaurant and Tapas Bar in San Diego, Riverside and Long Beach
                  Wedding Slideshow
                  Engagement Slideshow
                  May 5, 2007Westin Resort and Spa Los CabosCustom Stationery and Wedding Invitations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users