Sand Ceremony with Mothers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

Hi girls,
    Need a little last minute help on this one. I found vases for my sand ceremony but I can't find words for it. I want it to be joining our families together so I want my mom and his mom to pour he sand. But I can't find any words that the judge can say to let everyone know whats going on. I did see somewhere where they put sand from the beach in first thats white to be the foundation. I don't know ...does anyone have any ideas??

#2 Lizzy

Lizzy
    • 501 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

If you do a google search for Sand Ceremony, you should get a bunch of options.
      If you still don't find anything let me know. I may have saved some in my files.
      Good luck,
      Lizzy
      For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#3 cancunbride2be

cancunbride2be
      • 153 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:25 PM

Here is what we are using...before the ceremony starts, the mothers go up and pour sand in, one at a time. Then later the minister says:

"Kristin and Stephen, you have just sealed your relationship by the giving and receiving of rings and this covenant is a relationship pledge between two people who agree that they will commit themselves to one another throughout their lives. The most beautiful example of this partnership is the marriage relationship. Earlier, the two mothers poured individual colors of sand into the center container. This symbolizes that the marriage is based on the strength of the individuals and their families. Now, I will layer neutral sand, which symbolizes that the marriage is grounded. Today, this marriage relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of sand. One, representing you, Kristin, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the other representing you, Stephen, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be. As these two containers of sand are poured into the center container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated, our prayer for you today is that your lives together would be longer than the time it would take to separate the individual grains of sand."

You can change whatever you want...
        Happily Married 1/25/08
        Dreams Resort, Cancun

#4 Leia78

Leia78
        • VIP Member
        • 2,459 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by cancunbride2be
          Here is what we are using...before the ceremony starts, the mothers go up and pour sand in, one at a time. Then later the minister says:

"Kristin and Stephen, you have just sealed your relationship by the giving and receiving of rings and this covenant is a relationship pledge between two people who agree that they will commit themselves to one another throughout their lives. The most beautiful example of this partnership is the marriage relationship. Earlier, the two mothers poured individual colors of sand into the center container. This symbolizes that the marriage is based on the strength of the individuals and their families. Now, I will layer neutral sand, which symbolizes that the marriage is grounded. Today, this marriage relationship is symbolized through the pouring of these two individual containers of sand. One, representing you, Kristin, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be, and the other representing you, Stephen, and all that you were, all that you are, and all that you will ever be. As these two containers of sand are poured into the center container, the individual containers of sand will no longer exist, but will be joined together as one. Just as these grains of sand can never be separated, our prayer for you today is that your lives together would be longer than the time it would take to separate the individual grains of sand."

You can change whatever you want...
          i like that!

#5 LeXiee

LeXiee
          • 286 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:13 PM

That's beautiful!!

Will your ceremony be in English?

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:40 PM

cancunbride2be - I love that! I just saved it, cuz I think it's perfect. Short, sweet and to the point.

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 December 2007 - 04:59 PM

that is really sweet!

#8 Espejo2be

Espejo2be
                • 170 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

Thanks for the saying, i was wondering how to have the mothers involved and couldn't figure out how. This is perfect :)

#9 ckntb

ckntb
                  • 122 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:38 PM

We are going to have our moms use sand from the beach we are getting married on.  It was a neat way to incorporate them into our ceremony!

#10 Aree

Aree
                    • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

I liked this....Thanks for sharing! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users