Sunscape The Beach now Dreams Punta Cana Reviews

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DRbride

DRbride
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:18 PM

Hi Brides-

Has anyone been to or know anyone who has been to Sunscape The Beach- which is now called Dreams Punta Cana? I'm getting married there 7/11/08 and am soo excited. I was on Tripadvisor and just reading some recent reviews and I know you can't go by what those people on there write but the reviews worry me sometimes. People write negative reviews about Excellence, the #1 resort out there and I know there are lots of people out there who just can't be pleased but I have read several things about the room sizes being small (doesn't matter for me b/c I got the HM suite but our guests didn't) and I hear that the pool is amazing but its only 3ft. deep? I know its about 1 hr. from the airport, which is fine, but people have said the ride is horrible. I'm not excepting paved roads or anything like that but I don't want my poor 90 yr. old Grandma having a heart attack on the way to the hotel. I'm sure its going to be amazing, how can you not have fun in a tropical place but I was looking for some experiences from you brides. Any way you can ease me is much appreciated :-)

Thanks!

#2 JulieG

JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:21 PM

I have been there, I was a BM in a wedding there. As soon as I get a minute I will post pics here and my review from Trip Advisor. Just give me a bit of time, I am crazy busy lately.

#3 TA Dina

TA Dina
      • 181 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 08:02 PM

It is a hike from the airport but the roads are being worked on. They're better than what they were but they are not perfect either (but then again none of the islands are known for their super highways And due to the work on the roads the transfer time could be less than an hour.

#4 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 08:53 PM

Alright, here is the review I posted on Trip Advisor when I got back from the wedding in April 06.

Punta Cana: Dreams Punta Cana - Traveler Reviews - Don't Listen to the Nasty People - TripAdvisor

If the link does not work for some reason let me know and I will copy and past it.

I will find some pics to post here as well.

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:51 PM

I just realised I don't have that many pics from the wedding. The couple did not hire a photographer and just relied on friends to take the pics. Please do not do that. Also, if you are having your ceremony on the beach, ask them to move it elsewhere (although I bet now that its dreams it will be in a better spot). You can see in the pics that there are people walking around behind us and you can see beach chairs in the pics, not cool. We were kinda right in the middle of the beach.

The mexican patio would be a great place for your reception dinner and dancing, it was really beautiful. You will see some pics here, they used it for cocktails.

Click the image to open in full size.

Pic of wedding on the beach set up

Pics of the mexican resturant patio, it really is stunning.

Also, the spa was pretty great and we were all happy with our hair.

If you have any questions ask away and I will do my best to answer them.

#6 TammyDez

TammyDez
            • 146 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 09:30 AM

Thank You So much for the pics and advice!

#7 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
              • 2,302 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:07 AM

Here are a few more pictures that the wedding coordinator sent me:

Beach setup option

Twilight Ceremony in Gazebo - For larger groups, the seats are placed outside of the gazebo

Cake Option

Reception Setup option
                2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#8 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                • 2,302 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:08 AM

Yikes! I didnt realize the pictures were so big!!! Sorry! Can someone help me resize them please or give me directions to resize?

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 02:40 PM

Be forwarned about the beach set up though, it looks great in the pics, but unless they moved it from where it used to be, its not as private as it looks at all. So, ask about that before you choose the beach.

With the gazebo, the thing we did not like about it is you come from the lobby to walk down the asile. Its not private at all there are lots of gawkers around, especially at night time because the theatre is right there to the left off of the lobby. So, be warned about that as well.

The last set up for the dinner is on the Himatsu (Asian rest) patio. It is also beautiful and more private, especially at night. And the food is awesome, so that is another good option. I really did love the patio at the mexican place though, we saw it set up for a wedding as well and it was beautiful. So both choices are good ones.

#10 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                    • 2,302 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:18 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JulieG
                      Be forwarned about the beach set up though, it looks great in the pics, but unless they moved it from where it used to be, its not as private as it looks at all. So, ask about that before you choose the beach.

With the gazebo, the thing we did not like about it is you come from the lobby to walk down the asile. Its not private at all there are lots of gawkers around, especially at night time because the theatre is right there to the left off of the lobby. So, be warned about that as well.

The last set up for the dinner is on the Himatsu (Asian rest) patio. It is also beautiful and more private, especially at night. And the food is awesome, so that is another good option. I really did love the patio at the mexican place though, we saw it set up for a wedding as well and it was beautiful. So both choices are good ones.

Great tips Julie!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users