Wedding Rehearsal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

Did any of you do a wedding rehearsal the evening before your wedding? Is it necessary?

I am planning on it (just to appease my nerves) and want our officiant (John Fagan) to be there. He charges $100 for half an hour for a rehearsal. He says we can get it done w/in that time.

Our ceremony isn't elaborate...just two readings.

#2 Heidi

Heidi
    • 2,642 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:32 PM

We are having a rehearsal at 6pm the night before, though I'm not sure if the officiant will be there; I don't think so. I'll feel MUCH better knowing there's a practice 'run through'!!
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

we didn't have any rehearsal. i guess i didn't think about it, but it wasnt' even an option if i had wanted to! i didn't even see my ceremony site until i was walking down the aisle - but it was actually kind of fun that way!

#4 bride2be

bride2be
        • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:43 PM

I would think it is probably a good idea to have one. Your officiant doesn't really have to be there. He probably know what he needs to do. Plus, everyone could go to dinner afterwards and spend the evening together.

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:54 PM

We are having one at our big, fake AHW, but not at our small, real DW. The more people involved, the more we want to make sure everyone gets it right! Plus, our wedding party consists of 8 kids (4 G's & 4 B's) between the ages of 4-14. So we need a little practice run!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users