Should Bride's and BM's bouquets match?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PVBride

• 443 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:27 PM

I was thinking about carrying white roses and pink orchids, and my bridesmaids carrying white lilies.

Will this work?? Or should the bouquets share similiar flowers?

#2 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
    • VIP Member
    • 4,116 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

I think it would be fine. Assuming the bouquets are essentially the same "style" (romantic, contemporary etc) I think it would look great. If you feel you need to "connect" them somehow, maybe choose some greenery or trim that could match?

My BM's all carried a bouquet of just one type of flower in a shade of pink (ie: pink stargazer lily, super pale pink peony, nearly fuschia gerbera daisy etc) and I carried a bouquet that was a combination of all those, but white only, no colors. I think it looked great and was fun to have a variety of flowers. :-)

#3 boscobel

• VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:01 PM

Ohhh, that sounds so pretty! Too bad I am not using flowers for my BM's. :-(

#4 Sharonie

• 557 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

I am going to have combination of flowers while my BMs will just carry a bouquet with Calla Lilies. They'll work just fine I think..

#5 foxytv

• VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

My bouquet is all ivory roses with champagne accents.

BM bouquets are all bright and tropical.

You can totally do whatever you want!

I LOVE the BM bouquets I picked, but didn't want too much color to detract from my dress ...

#6 katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:49 PM

i want mine to go together nicely, but not be too matchy matchy...

i want a bouquet made mostly of ranunculis (i always spell this wrong) in orange for me and my bms will carry the same but in white to offset their orange dresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users