ElDorado Royale versus Seaside?!?!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BandE2008

BandE2008
  • 228 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 02:43 PM

Hello,

I was about 99% on the El Dorado Royale (EDR) until reading 100 reviews last night. My reluctance now is the beach (no snorkeling and rocky as well as the size of the resort being very impersonal. Also read that it is very boring and no entertainment there.

Has anyone been to both and can compare for me?
    I mean these are just reviews and some people will not be happy with anything, I get that!

Our worry about seaside is it is ++ romance, which we want some of, but we will have a few single guys attending too.

HELP!

Eden

#2 bre

bre
    • 205 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 03:39 PM

Hi Eden,

Well, I haven't been to both resorts and I can tell you INMHO that the EDR is anything but impersonal. The staff is incredibly friendly! We actually really liked the size of the resort. It feels like a private, tropical village, which is nice if you are going for an extended period. I think the size is also a bonus if you think not everyone will want to hang out with other wedding guests 24/7.

Good luck deciding. I'm sure either will be great!

Bre
      Bre & Pete
      January 19, 2008
      El Dorado Royale

#3 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:15 PM

EDR charges $500 to bring in your own photographer. Just something to consider. I've heard it's very romantic. Being on a beach with snorkeling was really important to me. I don't mind if it's rocky. I'm just telling guest to bring water shoes.

#4 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
        • 554 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:39 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          EDR charges $500 to bring in your own photographer. Just something to consider. I've heard it's very romantic. Being on a beach with snorkeling was really important to me. I don't mind if it's rocky. I'm just telling guest to bring water shoes.
          EDR and EDSS weddings are coordinated through the same company: Lomus
          so the policy will be the same. The policy is either $500 or the photographer has to stay 2/3 nights at the resort.

#5 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
          • 554 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Morgan
            opps duplicate post

#6 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:06 PM

Oh, I didn't realize they were the same company. Well, than that is not something to consider.

#7 brandoo

brandoo
              • 69 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:08 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there WAS snorkeling at the EDR. I was even reading TA posts about how to fill water bottles with cut-up banana and water to help lure the fish toward you when snorkeling there and how you can wade around the "whales" out to the reef as well as see many fish around the "whales"... is this misinformation?

#8 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
                • 554 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:54 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by brandoo
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there WAS snorkeling at the EDR. I was even reading TA posts about how to fill water bottles with cut-up banana and water to help lure the fish toward you when snorkeling there and how you can wade around the "whales" out to the reef as well as see many fish around the "whales"... is this misinformation?
                  No misinfo - your right!! Well I haven't been personally, but based off of everything I have read, it is because of the 'whales' that there is actually better snorkling around EDR. So if snorkling is important - this should be a major plus for EDR over another resort! It is a great advantage to the 'whales'!

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:20 PM

What are the whales? I feel like your are not talking about the animal. I noticed big sandbag looking things in the water in front of EDR. Is that what those are?

#10 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
                    • 554 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:41 PM

haha!
                      Yes Morgan your right! the 'whales' are the large sandbags that are in the water along the beach line.

They were put there a few years after Hurrican Ivan(??) because alot of the beach was eroded, and this will help prevent further erosion of both the beach and the ocean floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users