Sign in to follow this  
Leia78

skyauction.com

I forgot about that site! I used to bid on vacations there years ago and kept losing so I just did it the old fashioned way...lol Good luck, I hope you get a deal!

I'm scared of them. lol. I wouldn't mind doing something via them for a vacation, but I'm too scared to bid for the honeymoon. I checked the Better Business Bureau web site and started worrying.

From what I remember, starchild, it was just a LOT of complaints even though many were resolved. Its been a few months since I looked at it, but thats what sticks out in my head. I just don't think you should HAVE to get resolution after the fact. I got the impression there is a lot of small print people aren't aware of when they place their initial bids and thats its not likely due to negligence on the consumers part. It SEEMS very straight forward when you peruse the site, but I'm thinking that travel dates are generally the sticking point. Like I said, for any other trip thats just a vacation with friends or family, fine...the cheap factor would likely outweigh most of the rest for me. But not for something as important as a wedding.

Totally, for a wedding I wouldn't risk it when there are so many low priced packages that are available through a TA, plus you have an advocate in case something goes wrong.