Jump to content

Photo

Does your FH/DH SNORE like a MADMAN???


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 JessicaM

JessicaM
  • Vendor
  • 1,969 posts

    Posted 05 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

    Oh yeah FH snores bad!! Like Jessalyn said, sometimes I want to smother him with my pillow!! He also has to deal with me sometimes when I grind my teeth, so i guess i can't complain too much!!
     

     


    #12 MsShelley

    MsShelley

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

      Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:53 AM

      yes! omg, I try to be asleep before FI because he snores so bad!

      #13 CarrieRN

      CarrieRN
      • Member
      • 815 posts

        Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:53 PM

        What is it with guys and snoring? My FI and I were laughing about this thread last night. He snores all winter. As soon as the weather is dry. I told him it was like bait and switch. When we started dating he never snored...then once I was in too deep, he started. I always tap him...and politely (I'm very polite during sleep for some reason) say, "You're gonna HAVE to turn." Doesn't always work. When he snores in summer, I get up and go out to the sunroom/sleeping porch. One night I was trapped between snoring him and a snoring cat. I bailed that night. In winter I am stuck in that room, the other rooms are too cold!
        http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
        Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
        Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

        http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

        #14 foxytv

        foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

          Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

          LOL. This is too funny. I can't log on at work like I used to, so when I got home this evening, I expected some of you ladies to be dealing with the same problem, but I am cracking up over just how common -- and how aggravating -- it is!!! :-)

          Tom usually stay on the couch so I can fall asleep first, but sometimes he just falls asleep out there (snoring, of course). One night, I took a NyQuil tablet (end stages of a cold and knowing he would snore) but he came into the bedroom before I was asleep and proceeded to start snoring within, oh, 10 seconds. OMG -- talk about a MEAN women. No sleep from the snoring all night (even when I went into one of the spare bedrooms and closed BOTH doors -- not caring if the cat started scratching at the doors that night) but could STILL hear him and the NyQuil made me like a zombie all night, wanting to sleep but not being able to b/c of the NOISE. Wow, did he not want to talk to me the next day -- I was ssoo sleepy and mean.

          We'll see how the throat spray works. I think I'm also getting a humidifier (or is it dehumidifer, I need to double check), I was reading online that can help a lot too -- and he says he's stuffy a lot, so maybe that will make a difference.

          #15 1elephant

          1elephant
          • VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

            Posted 05 December 2007 - 08:23 PM

            i can't complain b/c fi is never THAT bad....i just kick him when he gets too loud...

            my parents, on the other hand...both of them are terribly loud snorers...i used to sleep down the hall, door closed, and it would still sound like they were right next to me...

            #16 *JillD*

            *JillD*
            • Sr. Member
            • 5,112 posts

              Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

              I kick DH A LOT!

              Funny story about the nasal strips. When DH first moved in, I had such a hard time adjusting to his snoring and I know sometimes when I sick or sleep on my back I snore a little too, (nothing like him!), but I just couldn't get a good nights sleep. So one night it was really bad, I was literally laying there for hours trying to sleep and he wouldn't roll over, so I got up, got a strip, and stuck it to his nose. It did help a little. It fell off in the middle of the night, so he didn't even know what I did, but I confessed, I was laughing my butt off and he was looking at me like, I can't believe you stuck that on me in the middle of the night??

              #17 foxytv

              foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

                Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by jilly76
                I kick DH A LOT!

                Funny story about the nasal strips. When DH first moved in, I had such a hard time adjusting to his snoring and I know sometimes when I sick or sleep on my back I snore a little too, (nothing like him!), but I just couldn't get a good nights sleep. So one night it was really bad, I was literally laying there for hours trying to sleep and he wouldn't roll over, so I got up, got a strip, and stuck it to his nose. It did help a little. It fell off in the middle of the night, so he didn't even know what I did, but I confessed, I was laughing my butt off and he was looking at me like, I can't believe you stuck that on me in the middle of the night??
                lol. I might have to try that!

                I have been reading humidifier reviews and found an inexpensive one I'm going to get for Christmas (we're not exchanging gifts, but I'm going to wrap it up anyway as a gift to "us"). If it helps, perhaps we'll get an upgraded version.

                #18 CarrieRN

                CarrieRN
                • Member
                • 815 posts

                  Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:29 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by foxytv
                  lol. I might have to try that!

                  I have been reading humidifier reviews and found an inexpensive one I'm going to get for Christmas (we're not exchanging gifts, but I'm going to wrap it up anyway as a gift to "us"). If it helps, perhaps we'll get an upgraded version.
                  Umm, yeah, so we got a humidifier a few weeks ago. Still sawing logs at night. We just moved it closer to the bed last night (old house, big rooms)...so far, no improvement. I try to inconspicuously wake him up just enought to make him sleep lighter...I spend a lot of time watching the clock change.
                  http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                  Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                  Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

                  http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

                  #19 foxytv

                  foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

                    Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:36 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CarrieRN
                    Umm, yeah, so we got a humidifier a few weeks ago. Still sawing logs at night. We just moved it closer to the bed last night (old house, big rooms)...so far, no improvement. I try to inconspicuously wake him up just enought to make him sleep lighter...I spend a lot of time watching the clock change.
                    oh dear .... figures.

                    Well, we'll still give it a shot since it's inexpensive (maybe I should get a LOUD one to help drown him out -- not likely -- haha).

                    #20 CarrieRN

                    CarrieRN
                    • Member
                    • 815 posts

                      Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:39 AM

                      Get two humidifiers. The noise is nice but not nearly enough to drown him out. I already have problems sleeping because my schedule is so screwy (I half to sign up for half day shift, half night shift). I swear I keep the same schedule as my twin sister...but she is awake because she has an 8wk old and is breastfeeding. I'm up at all the same hours.
                      Maybe we could set up some sort of shock therapy for behavoral training like they do for dogs? Then we could shock them when they snore too loud.
                      http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                      Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                      Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

                      http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users