Does your FH/DH SNORE like a MADMAN???

foxytv

OMG!

It is absolutely unbelievable and I can NOT get a decent nights sleep.

Of course it's worse when he drinks, but even during the week when we don't go out, his snoring has gotten ssoo bad that we rarely can sleep in the same room. It's so much worse now that he's back from Iraq -- or I just forgot how bad it was, but I really think it's just gotten so much worse.

Nasal strips haven't worked. We're trying the throat spray next. Any other suggestions? He can snore on his back, side and even stomach. ACK!

And he won't get tested for sleep apnea 'til he's out of the military, so that's not an option right now.

HELP!!!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Tami, I feel your pain! except yours sounds worse than mine!

Steve definetly snores more when he drinks. The other problem is he loves to sleep on his back and he always falls asleep on his back On most nights its okay, if he does snore its not too loud, but if he's been drinking I swear he could wake the neighborhood and I kick him until he stops, ha! And then I usually tell him to roll on his stomach and he usually stops. But sometimes, if he drank WAY too much, I can't even get him to roll over and I sometimes have to do it myself!

The thing for me is that I have friends,that I know don't sleep together, like one sleeps on the couch most nights, etc... and I always told myself I didn't want to be like that, its just something I've always thought was important, to sleep together every night, and I know that probably sounds silly, but its just me. So, I guess my point is that I've kind of gotten used to it and just throw a pillow over my head if I have to!

It sounds like your man is a little worse off, so I can understand why you have to leave the room to get some sleep!

My husband has the same problem. It drives me crazy!!! He used to get really mad at me for leaving our room in the middle of the night until one night, I stayed up all night long listening to him snore. I finally got out my cell phone and called his cell phone and his office voicemail and left really long messages of him snoring really loudly AKA...like a MADMAN! He finally decided to not hassle me anymore after he heard his messages, and he went to the doctor for the snoring. They wouldn't test him for sleep apnea and instead gave him a nasal spray....it only works about 1/2 the time. So frustrating!!!

Some nights I want to suffocate him with a pillow just so I can sleep. LOL ...I know so bad. He'll also snore in any position....so I just constantly push and shove him every night that he snores and then I look forward to his business trips, so I can sleep peacefully....last night was one of those peaceful nights. :)

My hair dresser has the same issue with her hubby, she said that she starts fake snoring really loudly to wake him up with his little bit of his own medicine....I haven't tried that tactic yet.

I feel for ya!!

My husband has the same problem. It drives me crazy!!! He used to get really mad at me for leaving our room in the middle of the night until one night, I stayed up all night long listening to him snore. I finally got out my cell phone and called his cell phone and his office voicemail and left really long messages of him snoring really loudly AKA...like a MADMAN! He finally decided to not hassle me anymore after he heard his messages, and he went to the doctor for the snoring. They wouldn't test him for sleep apnea and instead gave him a nasal spray....it only works about 1/2 the time. So frustrating!!!

Some nights I want to suffocate him with a pillow just so I can sleep. LOL ...I know so bad. He'll also snore in any position....so I just constantly push and shove him every night that he snores and then I look forward to his business trips, so I can sleep peacefully....last night was one of those peaceful nights. :)

My hair dresser has the same issue with her hubby, she said that she starts fake snoring really loudly to wake him up with his little bit of his own medicine....I haven't tried that tactic yet.

I feel for ya!!

In my house, I'm sorry to say, I'm actually the culprit. But, I have seen an ENT for several years and know that the problem is nasal polyps and a deviated septum (yes, this is an actual medical condition, not just an excuse for a nose job!). Perhaps your DHs would consider visiting an ENT to see what else they might do? There are many courses of action that can help, after 20+ yrs. of dealing with this, I have tried several.

Also, if it helps, on the occasions when my DH snores, I think it's very rhythmic, like the ocean and it lulls me to sleep. I kinda like it. Try to think of it as something soothing, like you know he's having sweet dreams and relaxed, and perhaps it will relax you.

This is too funny that this thread came up tonight. Last night Mike went out to the bar to watch the game and had one too many drinks. He honestly woke up me 20 times during the night with his snoring. I was exhausted today at work. He came home tonight and I was taking a nap and when he asked why I yelled at him the reason why...lol!

Hmmm.. Jayson snores every night too and I don't think I have slept through the night once since he moved in. Usually if I can fall asleep before him it's fine, but if he goes to bed first and is asleep before me it keeps me up quite awhile. We tried the nose strips and they seemed to work at first, but now they don't or he ends up pulling it off in the middle of the night :P I can normally get him to roll over but I'm wondering about this throat spray.. maybe it's the answer!

I sympathize....my hubby does not snore (thank goodness) but my father does, and when I lived at home I could hear him snore from my room with both doors closed. He has sleep apnea and was given a sleep mask of some sort but doesn't like to wear it...how rude is that? It is not pleasant. Never heard of the spray but I say try anything he is willing to. Good luck ladies!