My planning stinks!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 tempus breve

tempus breve
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hi ladies:

I'm glad to have found this site! I've been engaged for nearly two years now, and I can't seem to make any headway. We've flirted with the idea of having something in Costa Rica, parts of Mexico, Hawaii, Jamaica and Thailand, but we just haven't made the plunge with any of those locations. This past weekend, we decided to start with a clean slate, and here's what we know:

1. Guest count will not exceed 100
    2. Budget will not go over $25k (though we'll be shooting for $20k)
    3. We're shooting for April/May 2008, preferably around the Memorial Weekend holiday.
    4. Affordability for guests (and us) is a huge priority, as is comfort (I know I may be shooting for the moon a little bit here).

Any ideas on where to go from here would be most appreciated!

#2 JessicaM

JessicaM
    • Vendor
    • 1,969 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:41 PM

to the forum. There is great information on here that I am sure will help you tremendously. If you are hoping for Memorial Day weekend it might be more expensive depending where you are going due to it being a holiday weekend.

#3 LadyP

LadyP
      • 3,156 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:15 PM

you have come to the right spot. For your here you can cut your budget down. We are a classy but thrifty bunch of brides. We love to DIY to cut costs and share lots of ideas.

Welcome and best of luck to you

#4 tempus breve

tempus breve
        • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the welcome, all! Lady P, I'm glad to hear I'm in the right place - I think I'm going to need all the help I can get. :)

#5 Nespie

Nespie
          • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

Welcome aboard,

You have some big decisions to make... but you have help now! I can't tell you how helpful this forum has been to me. I'm getting married in Mexico in May. Have a look at the threads to do with Las Caletas, it would suit your budget and it is affordable for guests to get to Puerto Vallarta, especially from the States. As soon as you choose your spot and book the date, it pretty much just takes off from there.

Happy planning, and remember, we're here!

Nancy

Feb. Sig pic, kissing on New Year's Eve... Here's to a wonderful 2008!

#6 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
            • 433 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:58 PM

Welcome, Welcome! If you want to have a wedding in April or May 2008, you will need to start planning pretty quickly. I just found out that I'm on the later side for getting save the dates out to our AHR in May! Yikes! For 100 guests, Costa Rica, might be a bit too pricey for your budget. I had looked into doing a Costa Rica wedding, but it was on the expensive side for us and our guests. You might want to consider Mexico and then maybe doing a honeymoon in Costa Rica. :-) Good Luck and we'll help any way we can!

#7 shannon

shannon
              • 772 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:58 PM

You will definitely be able to plan your wedding with your "requirements." You'll have tons of help here! WELCOME!!!

#8 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
                • 2,302 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

to the forum!

Like Catherine said, you will find lots of ideas here! Everyone is so helpful and supportive, regardless if it has to do with a wedding or things going on in your life in general. You'll love it here and will quickly become addicted. lol

Congrats & Happy Planning
                  2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:13 PM

Welcome to the forum :) Not sure I would be any help in the planning dept though.. heh

#10 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:52 PM

to the forum! You're definitely in the right place; there are so many helpful girls (and some guys!). Happy planning!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users