Sign in to follow this  
michelle08

how long did you book your photographer for?

We have a 6 hour package:

1.5 hrs - getting ready, bride and groom first look and photos around resort

.5 hr - ceremony

1 hr - beach/family pics during cocktail party

3 hrs- reception

We have Elizabeth Medina for 8 hours and then a morning after TTD session. This is a big part of my budget but photos are the most important part of the wedding to me. I can't wait!!! I'm excited about them already and it's still 9 months away! elefant.gif

We're getting married in Vegas, and we are still looking for a photographer who will take our pics.

We were thinking about:

30 min: us getting ready in the hotel

30 min : after the ceremony with family(we got a package, so the ceremnony is covered)

1 hour: The strip ( NYNY, Bellagio, The Wynn, Paris & The vegas sign)

If you have any recommendations please, contact me. My wedding is in 9 weeks!!! woot.gif

I need to find my photographer quick.......

We ended up booking our photog for about 5 hours (she said that if something is about to start right at 5 hours, she'll stick around and not charge extra), plus a 2 hour TTD shoot the next day. Also, she has a VERY reasonable extra charge per hour if we decide we want her to stay later the day of, so I'm not too worried about accidentally going over on time. I figured that 5 hours was the MINIMUM we could do with, and it worked out well with our photographer's pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanella View Post
We're getting married in Vegas, and we are still looking for a photographer who will take our pics.
We were thinking about:
30 min: us getting ready in the hotel
30 min : after the ceremony with family(we got a package, so the ceremnony is covered)
1 hour: The strip ( NYNY, Bellagio, The Wynn, Paris & The vegas sign)

If you have any recommendations please, contact me. My wedding is in 9 weeks!!! woot.gif
I need to find my photographer quick.......
How much are you thinking you'd like to spend? Could you fly in your own photographer? Just looking at Expedia, and I always look from my hometown... but to fly a photographer and an assistant out to Vegas for two nights would only be around $600. Perhaps you could contact a photographer and see if they'd be willing to do it as a portfolio builder. I know I would. I love Vegas! You could even maybe do fly in a photogarpher for three nights and then do a trash the dress session the day after! Looking at Expedia it looks like that would only be $100-$200 more! What a deal!!

I know this thread is a bit old...but I am looking for your opinion. For the wedding it will only be the two of us. Now I want to do a bit of pictures before and during the ceremony and a TTD after. I booked my photographer for two hours. Do you think that that is enough, I mean there won't be any "real" ceremony since it'll only be the two of us. I don't know what do you all think. Should I take the other package and get her for 3 hours instead??