Photo

How to decide where to get married?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#11 Sharonie

Sharonie
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:37 PM

I am like you. A co-worker did her wedding in Costa Rica (she's from that area though) last year so I didn't want to consider that area. I don't know much about DR and Mexico, but they are cheaper than Bahama and some other Caribbean places so you probably can start there. Talk to a TA too, they can give you really good suggestions on the location. to the forum and good luck planning!!

#12 Robyn Louise Photography

Robyn Louise Photography
    • 2,171 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:28 PM

Welcome to the forum! And good luck deciding :)

#13 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:56 PM

Can't really offer advice but welcome to the forum :)

#14 1elephant

1elephant
        • VIP Member
        • 15,998 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Alipires1
          I'll look there. I looked at the Dreams in Punta Cana, but there are so many different reviews. I am jealous of you. I wanted to do Eastern Mexico because I have really curl hair and they say there is less humidity there. So I will probably end up looking like Monica from "Friends" on that vacation episode! Oh well!
          i have curly hair too...i'm bringing LOTS of products, lol...it also depends on the time of year.

didn't dreams in punta cana just open recently? that could be the reason for the mixed reviews, but dreams in pv also has mixed reviews....definitely talk to a travel agent and see what (s)he has to say....

#15 Alipires1

Alipires1
          • 298 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:12 PM

If I could leave the MIL home I would and it is a shame because she has only gotten this way since he started talking about getting engaged, but he is her BABY boy...27 haha

The Dreams in the Dominican was the old Sunscape the Beach. They are doing some renivations and the name changes sometime this month officially, but people have commented that the regular rooms are the gross rooms, and some of the photos of the mold and tarantulas are really gross.

I guess I just have to keep reading!Thanks everyone. My gf's mom did all of this when she got married, so I don't have anyone else that has done this. Once my place is set, I'm sure I will be able to relax!

#16 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:15 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AnnR
              well, my initial response is that this isn't about your MIL ... it's about you and your FI. but because you're new, I'll go easy and spare you my thoughts about how I really can't stand people that impose their wants on the bride and groom and how I think those kind of people are just selfish and think the world revolves around them. :)

so since I am not doing that (heehee), i've got to think there's a location that meets all MIL's requirements (blech). the girls on here are so helpful - i'm sure we can find something!
              D I T T O !!! I love you Ann, you are so subtle :)

Man, that MIL sounds a little high maintenance. Maybe you just need to get her a prescription for some Xanax & then she'll get on whatever plane you tell here too!

#17 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 December 2007 - 05:23 PM

Welcome! There are so many beautiful places that everyone here will be getting married that each time I log on I find myself dreaming about changing my mind! You will find a great place for sure!

#18 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
              • 1,257 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:56 PM

What about Puerto Rico? No passport is required and the trip is short fromt the East Coast?

#19 shannon

shannon
                • 772 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:02 PM

oh lordy -good luck with MIL!!! sounds like a bit of a handful!! I can sympathize--- been a nonstop guilt trip from my MIL about doing a DW and not "letting" her have our wedding in her backyard?!?!? god help us....
                  anyway-welcome to forum!! you'll be amazed with all the info!!!

#20 Copita

Copita
                  • 979 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 12:47 PM

First of all, I"m sorry that your MIL is making this difficult for you. It should be what YOu want, not what is appeasing to everyone else.

DR is a GREAT choice. They have awesome all-inclusives that are kid-friendly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users