Photo

Hilton ??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:52 PM

Hi! I'm new to this forum. My fiance and I are getting married at the San Jose Catholic Church and having our reception at the Hilton in October. I was wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on Emeline? So far, I think she's been nice but hasn't been very quick when I've asked her detailed questions. Her prices seem a little steep also. Any feedback on the dj or bands available through her? Any other advice?

Thanks so much!

MM
    MariaElena - 10/28/06
    Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#2 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
    • 1,188 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

I have been working with Emeline at the Hilton and she has been great so far! She has a very energetic personality and is super warm and firendly when you meet her in person. My FI and I went to Cabo last month to check out a few places we were considering for our wedding. The Hilton was our 1st pick initially and after we met Emeline that sealed the deal for us. She has been very quick about getting back to me on my emials - it sounds like you might have caught her at a busy time or something. You need to go with your gut on this but I wouldn't write off the Hilton yet!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Click the image to open in full size.
      Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
      http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#3 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
      • 402 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

Hi - thanks so much for your speedy and helpful e-mai. Well, we've already signed the contract at the Hilton. Our date is set for 10/28/06. Her responses got slower AFTER we signed the contract. I'm glad you liked her when you met her. That eases my mind since we'll have to work with her during our actual Hilton stay and wedding. I have not traveled to Cabo. My FI and I are doing this all on a "wing and a prayer" as the saying goes. For some items, I've decided to get pricing on my own rather than rely on her recs.

thanks,

MM
        MariaElena - 10/28/06

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

hey sarah, bump~ the post above was meant for you...

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

hi marie, it probably isnt a bad idea to get prices on your own...i did use the recoms. that my dreams coordiantor gave me because i found pretty much everything was cheaper when i did my own negotiations...

what are you looking for? there are a ton of resources here.

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
        • 402 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:55 PM

good point about using your own vendors.

one thing i've been looking for is musicians for our wedding ceremony at the San Jose Catholic church. i'll have to post a thread asking about it.

thanks,

MariaElena

Hilton Los Cabos

10/28/06
          MariaElena - 10/28/06

#7 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:56 PM

i used this great mariachi band but others haved used guitar/flute combos

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Awards and recognition: 

#8 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
          • 1,188 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, I am planning on booking my own vendors for everything. That seems to be the easiest on the pocket book! I don't have any info on musicians (haven't gotten that far yet!) But the girls on the board will be able to help, they are such an a great resource!

You will love the Hilton! Everyone does! In general this resort is very service orientated! Check out the reviews from everyday guests on Tripadvisor. It doesn't get much better than that!

Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
            http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#9 KG6559A

KG6559A
            • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

yes...book your own vendors. it saves money! Emeline is great. THe deal with her is that it is often 2 steps forward and one back. I found that sometimes, i just had to call her to get things worked out!

Katie

Hilton Los Cabos

June 17, 2006
              Katie

Hilton Los Cabos

June 17, 2006

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

hey marieelena,

can you resend me your pic....? it downloaded on my work computer and i forgot to resend it to my home...

Dreams Resort

May 27, 2006

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users