Your Marriage in 29 Questions

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#31 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 07:26 AM

Seems like we are pretty much in agreement about living together before marriage. "They" like to say it doesn't result in marriage but here we are, a bunch of married and soon-to-be married people...lol Can you imagine marrying someone to find out you can't stand living with them?

#32 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by starchild
      Seems like we are pretty much in agreement about living together before marriage. "They" like to say it doesn't result in marriage but here we are, a bunch of married and soon-to-be married people...lol Can you imagine marrying someone to find out you can't stand living with them?

no, I can't, but so many do.... I just heard on the new that the divorce rate was higher for people that lived together before they got married. I don't know how this couldbe true!

#33 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

I know! I took this Psych. of Marriage class in college and had to write a paper on cohabitation. Most of the literature said what you heard on the news, but I was able to find a few journal articles to support our theory.

Also, older generations tended to wait for marriage and some of them must have had troubles adjusting, but I bet a lot of them were of the belief that you stick marriages out, happy or not. The divorce rate was much lower then. That's my amateur assessment for the day...lol

#34 GeminiLibra

GeminiLibra
        • 220 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:52 PM

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Spicy and fun

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30 ish

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple and Personal

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We are writing our own vows.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3 layers

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors on the beach

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? We've done everything ourselves ( with some help from family)

17. How did/will the bride enter? We will use a steel drum band, not sure which song yet.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kama

19. Song to make your exit: It will be one of the songs from Rocky

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? besides being very emotional it will be light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25/26

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Love Champagne but full bar for my guests

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We are staying a few extra days at the resort.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Not new but finally alone!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we pay for bills together

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutly living together.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to be his Mrs!

#35 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Totally. Even when we were broken up and dating other people - never a doubt.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Cabo

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow for sure. I think we were too clumsy with my big dress to be sexy.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 54

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Made up our own.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? We had pie!

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Out

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I planned what there would be, WC decided where to put it all.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down a path to the sand

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Unsignable Name - Mike Doughty

19. Song to make your exit: Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Stevie Wonder

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light - lots of laughs

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? uh...neither. Just normal wedding food.

24. Champagne or red wine? Jack and Coke

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Minimoon right away - big honeymoon a year later.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? New - Thailand!

27. Who will pay for the bills? DH pays the big stuff. I pay my own and my massive school debt.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Even after dating for 11 years and living together for 4, it does change things in a little way. You just feel more secure. More grownup.

#36 royfa

royfa
            • 2,201 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Absolutely

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Plan every detail..

17. How did/will the bride enter? Haven't figure that out yet!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I have no clue!

19. Song to make your exit: Can't say!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Never tought about that!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select very few!

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? A few weeks after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Greece

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to have mine!
              Fannie & Pierre

#37 Birdie07

Birdie07
              • 1,218 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? not yet

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? We are!!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? We didn't have a first dance at our wedding. But we just danced for the first time at a party last night and we danced to "I'll make love to you"

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 5

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? the first cake was 2 the second cake was 3 and the third cake will be 3

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? It was sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? it was open to the ocean

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? someone else

17. How did/will the bride enter? I walked down the beach to Somewhere over the rainbow

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kama

19. Song to make your exit: It was Wouldn't it be nice

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I didn't know

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

24. Champagne or red wine?We had champagne in our room after

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new to both of us

27. Who will pay for the bills? our parents split wedding costs

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I LOVE IT!!

#38 lucy106

lucy106
                • 2,880 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:02 PM

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? no (but if the four legged furry ones count then two)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I was hoping!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? I was previously married he has not been either married or engaged

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach wedding for sure

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Cancun

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy if we have dancing

9. How many guests did you/will you have? about 30

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? make up our own

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes on the beach of our hotel

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Plan every detail,I am an organizational freak

17. How did/will the bride enter? Very carefully on my father's arm (I can be a klutz)

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Sister Hazel's "Everything Else Disappears"

19. Song to make your exit: Probably another Sister Hazel song

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light one for sure

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Whenever I was ready

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Just close family and very close friends

24. Champagne or red wine? We are more the mixed drink type but I am sure we will have champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Our honeymoon is our wedding so I guess right after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Our Weddingmoon is new to us both

27. Who will pay for the bills? Both of us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am so excited to marry the man of my dreams and my best friend!

#39 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 4,513 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:21 PM

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? Yup a 5 yr old girl and 7 month old boy (I guess we were a little too excited about being engaged!!)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I was hoping!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding from the start!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and Sexy!!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30ish

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Make up

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1 or 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yup

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Close to sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? A little of both

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? PLEASE let someone else decide!!

17. How did/will the bride enter? Next to my dad *tear*

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I don't know yet!!

19. Song to make your exit: No idea!!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light and romantic

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I just hoped it would happen :)

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Invited everyone

24. Champagne or red wine? Pop out the bubbly!!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new!!

27. Who will pay for the bills? We both do.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? ABSOFRICKINLUTELY!!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to be a MRS!!

#40 majnooni

majnooni
                    • 90 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:59 PM

1. How old are you? 36

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 36, He's 38

3. Do you have children? Only the furry kind. I have a dog and a cat. He has a dog.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? No way!! We met when we were 10 and 12, respectively. Our families were friends but we didn't interact much. In fact, we can't find a single picture with both of us in it. There are plenty of pictures of us individually at the same events!! Twenty years later, we reconnected at his sister's wedding. It still took him 4 years to convince me. Thank goodness he is a persistent bugger!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? First marriage for both of us. I was briefly engaged at 19 ...

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Garden overlooking the beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Haven't decided yet

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 40-50

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple is better. The most important is that everyone has fun and we end up married!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional plus the sand ceremony.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes, both ceremony and reception are at the hotel where guests are staying

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunrise

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors under a roof ... open air venue

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Planned every detail with the advice of a wedding coordinator. It's nice to make the decisions and leave some of the execution to some one else! We'll get to be guests at our own wedding.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down the stairs onto a patio overlooking the Pacific

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Undecided

19. Song to make your exit: Undecided

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? late 20's

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious buffet with a little something for everyone

24. Champagne or red wine? Yes!!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Awhile after the wedding. We want to spend time with our guests who have traveled so far to be with us.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Some place new and exotic

27. Who will pay for the bills? It's all communal. We are hoping to be able to live on one salary and sock away the other for savings/travel/whatever.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Learning to live together is the HARDEST thing we have had to do. In some ways I think it might be easier after you are married ... After all, you've said the "I Dos" and should be fully committed and not asking "Do I really want to do this for the rest of my life?" You've already made that decision!! On the other hand, we're learning all that before hand so that first year will be easier and we can enjoy each other more.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Nope

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users