1. How old are you? 28
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28
3. Do you have children? not yet
4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes - I knew years ago.
5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach
7. Where did you/will you get married? Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado
8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? ummm... fast and sweet, actually.
9. How many guests did you/will you have? 12 (plus the 2 of us)
10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple. I was hoping for a few more people, but there was drama, so it is what it is. and I am pleased with 12
11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional. We are exchanging notes privately with personal vows before the ceremony.
12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? whatever comes with the package- I think just one for our group.
13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? It is at our resort.
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Late afternoon
15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outside by the pool.
16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I do not stress too much over details, but I do plan them. I just like to plan, and I am DIYing a lot (an excuse to craft? Yes please!) So that is translating to detailed planning.
17. How did/will the bride enter? I arrive on a golf cart I think, then down the aisle (on the sand!)
18. Song to walk down the aisle to: An instrumental version of Kiss the Girl from Little Mermaid
19. Song to make your exit: We Go Together, from the movie Grease
20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? somewhere in between, but probably more light
21. At what age did you think you would get married? before 25
22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Wanted to invite practically everyone - which is not that many - but, again, drama... so I was good with the select few.
23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious... though it looks like fine dining from what I can tell at this point!
24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne please! And white wine too... But it is a special occasion. Any excuse for champagne!
25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? The honeymoon is built into the wedding trip... we are staying an extra week.
26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? We are staying at the same resort. We wanted to go somewhere we have never been before, and a little more extravagant than usual.
27. Who will pay for the bills? We were planning on it, but have been pleasantly surprised throughout planning with generous parents. My parents bought my dress (I paid for alterations) and will pay for the music at our AHR. His parents have chipped in here and there (like picking up supplies for invitations...) and then were super generous by paying for our trip without our knowledge! Everything else we pay for.
28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We have been living together a long time... We met almost 10 years ago, and moved in pretty quickly after. I know some couples who do not believe in this, but personally I think it was very important to our relationship. We figured a lot of stuff out through living together.
29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Um, just that planning a wedding is fun... but it is a party. It is a party that symbolizes the commitment you have made. But the commitment itself... that happens regardless of the colours or music or even the dress. It happens when you are upset and can talk it out, when you say you are sorry, when you laugh together. The wedding is just a way to publicly announce that commitment to the world. And it is a lot of fun too!