Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? not yet!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Honestly it probably took a few years of dating before I thought about marriage.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? NO

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Los Cabos

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? It is slow to medium and will probably NOT be very sexy knowing us.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 27ish

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional, short and sweet please.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? not sure

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Before sunset- late afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am planning everything and having fun doing it. Keeping it simple is key for me!

17. How did/will the bride enter? Walking alone without falling would be preferable.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Its a secret.

19. Song to make your exit: Not sure yet, probably a Greatful Dead or Bob Dylan tune, I cant decide.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light I hope

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Never pinpointed a certain age, but I think 28 is great, old enough to know a little more about life but still young enough to feel like a young bride, does that make sense?

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Red wine.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? NO honemoon, our wedding is our honemoon kind of

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Cabo- special to us both.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We each have our own account and one joint account that we each put x amount of dollars in per week and I handle the bills and pay everything out of that account.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Before marriage for sure, we've been living together for 5 years now, its a big adjustment and I'm glad we got that out of the way before married life begins.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Ryan is my bestfriend I dont know a thing about marriage but I do know that married or not we just are truly better people together.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 33

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

3. Do you have children? no, but hopefully soon

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? no, I thought we were just going to be really good friends. Hmm I guess we still are. :-)

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes, I was married once before

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Sheraton, Los Cabos

8. First dance - no idea the name, it was a spanish song

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 6

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Very simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We did our own vows.. It was great.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? zero, we had individual cakes

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? hmm well on the beach in front of a hotel, does that count.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? OMG I'm so anal so yes planned every detail

17. How did/will the bride enter? Cain and I walked to the alter together

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: no clue, don't remember

19. Song to make your exit: again no clue

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? nope

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? fine dining

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? we had our HM at the same location as our wedding. Los Cabos

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? It was new to the both of us.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We paid for everything ourself.. Poor DH worked sooo much OT

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We were glued to each others side the moment we started dating..

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I finally found my soul mate, and I'm greatful for it everyday. He is a terrific man..

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? honestly, since our first date

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? having a beach wedding, yay!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? no idea yet, at least 15

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? little of both!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? how ever many needed for our guests, probably 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? might be!

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? lil of both!

17. How did/will the bride enter? not sure yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: AHHHH, no idea!

19. Song to make your exit: omg, this quiz is making me feel behind

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25, and kids by 30. that ain't happening!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone

24. Champagne or red wine? white?

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? somewhere new to us

27. Who will pay for the bills? we pay our own bills and contribute equally to a joint account

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? already for a year, so I'd say absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait! Less then 6 months, yippppy!

• VIP Member

1. How old are you? 22

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yup! I think after our first date I was already dreaming of it!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? I don't think we'll do one. I've always wanted to do something fun and coordinated, but if we dance it'll be a normal stand in the same spot akward kind of thing sad.gif

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30ish

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? A mixture of both. I think the destination part is pretty extravagant!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3 (and an odd combination at that!)

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Mid-day (PLEASE don't let me melt!)

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors at the pool

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'm a napkin girl... but I think I have come to terms with not being able to plan every detail in exchange for the location of my dreams.

17. How did/will the bride enter? With my daddy by my side

18. Song to walk down the aisle to? over the rainbow

19. Song to make your exit? Walking on Sunshine

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 22

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Practically everyone with the hopes of a select few actually being able to join us.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Who knows! (Stupid WC)

24. Champagne or red wine? YUCK! We don't drink.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Weddingmoon

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? i pay my bills and he pays the house bills

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely. I'm a strong believer.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Goodness it comes fast!

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 24

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? It didn't take long to figure that out! but initially, no, I wouldn't have guessed that.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? we did garden/church

7. Where did you/will you get married? My Parents church in Wylie, TX.

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and cozy... :-)

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 150

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? big, but simple and fun.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Pretty much traditional, no major changes.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? nope

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? just before sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? both, at a house with a huge patio and yard...things were done both inside and outside

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? plan it!! I LOVE planning!

17. How did/will the bride enter? with dad from the back of the church

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

19. Song to make your exit: Spring by Vivaldi

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light, we were really smiley and I was giggly

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24...I always knew that for some reason.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? A LOT of people, but it was still murder trying to keep it at 150 (what our budget allowed)

24. Champagne or red wine? wine and beer...I got tired of the wine and ended up filling my champagne glass w/ beer! I was determined to drink out of that glass 'cause David bought them for me/our engagement. We toasted out of them and then I just couldn't bear to let mine go. :-)

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? wedding was Friday night, left for honeymoon on Sunday morning.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new, (Moon Palace, Cancun) and we LOVED it!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we both contribute to household bills (including cars) but pay our credit card separately.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Before!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I love it! I hate when people refer to it as a burden (like the "your life is over now that you're married" comments) I think if your marriage is a burden, you're married to the wrong person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwards View Post
29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I love it! I hate when people refer to it as a burden (like the "your life is over now that you're married" comments) I think if your marriage is a burden, you're married to the wrong person.
I absolutely agree!

1. How old are you? 37

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 37

3. Do you have children? yes 2 1 ours 1his

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Hell no. I could not stand him when we first met.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes long enough to justify having sex

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? St thomas

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?Dont quit know yet. probably bob

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? both I have a few things to say first.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide because my head is spinning to badly (and she did great btw)

17. How did/will the bride enter? walking down the isle on the beach. That is all I know of right now

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: CC Peniston's finally Seriously we will have a steel band

19. Song to make your exit: finally by CC Peniston

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? most likely the world but only want a select few to come

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? wait awhile I want to go to BORA BORA

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? I am all that matters Seriously we had talked about going there or Brazil on day so why not honeymoon

27. Who will pay for the bills? He controls the money but I pay the bills. I like to shop. We would be broke

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am marrying the man of my dreams and he proves it more and more everyday.

1. How old are you? 39

2. At what age did you/will you get married? first time around 20, this time 39

3. Do you have children? many! Nicole 19, Kenda 15, Timothy 13, Liam 5, and bonus daughter Bria 11.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes it was love right from the beginning

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? married for 11 years at age 20, who is the father of three of my children.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Had a private church wedding, and then a public beach wedding.

7. Where did you/will you get married? A little chapel on centre Island, and then a beautiful beach ceremony a few days later in Dominican Republic.

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 45

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Chapel wedding traditional, beach wedding our own vows.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? A small 2 layered cake.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes, on the beach

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? right before sunset, is that called twilight?

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I planned it all

17. How did/will the bride enter? Walked with my son Timothy with the band paying and walking with us.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I don't know a beautiful spanish song.

19. Song to make your exit: We didn't make a exit.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? A little of both

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I never thought I would remarry

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Just our kids at the chapel ceremony, and our close family and friends in the DR

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? It was both

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne, wine, and everything else!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Wevacationed with our family and friends the rest of the week, and we are going on our honeymoon in May.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? We share some, but most are paid by hubby, I am a stay at home mom.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Lived together for 8 years before finally getting married

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It's nice to always know you have someone on your side in this unpredictible thing we call life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post

1. How old are you? 32

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Molokai, Hawaii

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 40+

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Luxurious, Detailed and Emotionally Intense

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We will be writing our own vows and FI is writing the order of the ceremony

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? don't know yet!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes sort of - a small boutique hotel with 22 rooms and most of our events will be outside (whether permitting!)

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? will plan every details and just let some of them figure themselves out

17. How did/will the bride enter? not sure yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamahuh.gif

19. Song to make your exit: don't know yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? willl probably be very serious and intense

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 27 / 28

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

24. Champagne or red wine? Full Bar

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new to both of us - another Hawaiian Island

27. Who will pay for the bills? we pay for bills together

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? definitely! you need to know what you are getting into

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to find out!
I can't wait to submit this reply so i can read everyone's responses!