Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I hoped but it was a pretty long story of 5 years till now. But it's all worth it in the end

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Riu Ocho Rios, jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?I'm not sure we're having a dance maybe at one of our receptions

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 5

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? I'm not sure yet...

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? the hotel one I'm not sure but the 2 at home will both be 3 layers

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes an AI

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4 pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? nope...I've planned the AHR's but little details like napkins nah

17. How did/will the bride enter? I haven't seen it yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:Not finalized but either Somewhere over the rainbow or Feels like home

19. Song to make your exit: I dont know

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? i was set on never

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? champagne but toasting to red stripe is cute!!!!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both?brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? bills for the wedding? We split it down the middle and both fathers paid for half....but hair and dress and those we paid for

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Not married yet..but I can't wait!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes, from the first time I saw him

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Bermuda

8. First dance - More by Harry Connick Jr (waltzy slow dance)

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 19

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? very small and simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? a mix of the two

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes and no; the ceremony was on hotel property, the reception (dinner) was at a local restaurant

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 2pm, so midday

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? a bit of both; cake and champagne on the hotel pool deck, dinner at a local restaurant

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? a bit of both, I sent requests and the WC got back to me with what she could do

17. How did/will the bride enter? down a set of wooden stairs with mom and dad, across the sand and down the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Answer by Sarah McLachlan

19. Song to make your exit: Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Iz

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? fairly light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a few family and friends

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? both

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new to me, Disneyworld!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split everything

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? so far I have no complaints!

1. How old are you? 32

2. At what age did you/will you get married?

3. Do you have children? Not yet.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? We knew pretty soon after we met that is was right! Never believed people that said that before.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Yes. At age 23...young and stupid.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach or garden. As long as I have pics on beach.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Gran Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, MX

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Not sure yet. Possibly 50-60

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional. Will already be trying not to get teary. But I think the judge usually makes you add your own thoughts during ceremony.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Depends on who all goes, I guess.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Current plan is 3p. But in November who knows what time of day that is considered.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Whatever comes with the package. I'll pick the fun stuff but not fussy about reception decorations.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Don't even know yet.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Considering Til There Was You, Beatles version

19. Song to make your exit: Considering Stuck With You by Huey Lewis & The News

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? [Light one would suit our personalities better.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Well, hard to answer that since I have been married before.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Lots invited but more to be inclusive. We know not everyone will come to Mexico but if they want to, the more the merrier.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious?Simply delicious.

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne after ceremony.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Trip is half wedding/half honeymoon. But I want to plan a trip to England for a year or two later.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? I hope he finds our wedding site special. I lived in Mexico in college.

27. Who will pay for the bills? I pay my stuff and groceries, fun stuff. I also am the saver for big things...like the wedding. Occasionally, he gets a rent payment. ; )

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? For almost a year now. He was so worried when he had to tell his mom our plan...she works at a Catholic church.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I plan on this one being the last one!!

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? not at all, I met him when I was 14 and he was 20 and he was my brother's college roommate (a little illegal...lol!)...when we got together 8 years later, I realized then that he was "the one"

7. Where did you/will you get married? Jamaica!

8. First dance - probably "Just Like Heaven" by The Cure

9. How many guests did you/will you have? right now 80 are booked I think

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? whatever the resort provides

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes - RIU Ocho Rios

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors at Plantation Restaurant

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'm a bit of a control freak...I'm planning a lot of the details

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the stairs onto the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I want the steel drum band to play the traditional wedding march

19. Song to make your exit: whatever the steel drum band plays

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? staying in Jamaica

27. Who will pay for the bills? I'm paying for everything pre-wedding (OOT bags, invites, etc), he will pay for the stuff that's due in Jamaica (reception costs, ceremony costs, etc)

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to be Mike's wife!!!

1. How old are you? 27

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? lol, kinda weird, cos we briefly got together 10 years ago, and then 5 years ago, we just met again by accident, in a club, and from then on, I knew I wanted to be with him

7. Where did you/will you get married? Jamaica - Riu Ocho Rios

8. First dance - Everlong - Foo Fighters

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 34 people booked

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional - with some of our own written in

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? whatever the resort provides

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes - RIU Ocho Rios

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 12pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors at hotel restaraunt

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Plan the important stuff - people we wanted there, dresses and suits, let all the other stuff like flowers place names fall into place as all that really matters is that I am marrying the man I love

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the stairs onto the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I want the steel drum band to Elvis - I cant help falling in love with you

19. Song to make your exit: whatever the steel drum band plays

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? 70 of our closest friends and family invited, we were extreamly honoured that 34 have chosen to come

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after the wedding at the resort

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? staying in Jamaica

27. Who will pay for the bills? We are super lucky, I never asked, but my dad is paying for the wedding in Jamaica, and a AHR, but we are keeping it low key (paying for our own hol in Jamaica) and the whole thing comes to around £2500 ($5000)

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Been living together since bing with each other for 6 months, everyone said it was too soon, yet 5 years on here we are!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It is scary to think I will wake up one day and it will be 'my wedding day' but I am hoping that we will be able to really enjoy the day, and the years to come with eachother

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? if the one growing inside of me counts, then yes. And of course my furbabies

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? not when we were in high school, but when we met again as adults I knew pretty quickly he was the right person for me

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? I think I always wanted a garden wedding, but we had a traditional church wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Napa, CA

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow, but it was not very sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 140

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? I wanted something in between and I think I got it.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 4 on the wedding cake-one of my very best friends made it & 3 on the grooms cake made by my Nana.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes it was

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? late afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I did it all pretty much

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the aisle with both my mom and dad

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I don't remember, that was the one thing DH did-all the music-it was a classical piece

19. Song to make your exit: Somewhere over the Rainbow-the Hawaiian version

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? hmm I guess since it was in a church solemn

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 22

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? oh wow, we invited so many people. almost 200

24. Champagne or red wine? it was in the wine country, we had about 6 differnent types of wine and champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? two days later, we spent the day after with some family and friends on a wine tour

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? I had been there, but only as a stop on a cruise, but we went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica

27. Who will pay for the bills? we have a joint account for joint bills and then our own accounts for our own bills

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? I don't think we would have made it without living together.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? after living with someone for so long you don't think it will change once you are married, but it totally changes, but for the better-I love marriage and my hubby is such a supportive wonderful man, I am so happy that we took this life step together

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? I didn't have any preconceived ideas about marriage. After my divorce I never thought I'd get married again.

3. Do you have children? not yet!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I've known him since I was 10. He was always one of the guys. Never thought of him as someone I'd marry! But, he snuck in and took that friend angle to win my heart :)

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Unfortunately yes. But Jeff was one of my good friends during that time, so he's quite sympathetic to the whole thing.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? I wanted anything but traditional! Had a beach wedding...

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Los Cabos

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Like Christine, it was slow- not sure how sexy as we're both not the best dancers!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 18. Perfect.

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? I wanted something special- not simple, not extravagant- but memorable.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We liked the traditional vows that were required for a legal Mexico ceremony.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yup - A hotel in Cabo!

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Before sunset- late afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I planned everything (with Jeff's input). Although I can't say I really cared about the napkins...

17. How did/will the bride enter? Once my dad remembered that he had to walk me down the aisle (!) he came and met me in the lobby, and we walked the long path down to the wedding gazebo and down the aisle. It was a great memory.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I just asked the mariachi band to play "romantic" music. I can hear it in my head, but I have no idea what it was. It was beautiful.

19. Song to make your exit: Same as #19, except party music!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? I think it was a good combination.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I think I always figured I'd be married by 25.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

24. Champagne or red wine? Both! I prefer champagne...

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? It was kinda a combo wedding, then honeymoon kind of trip

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Cabo- special to us both.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We share expenses. We still have separate accounts and I handle the finances, so he gives me xx dollars a month.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't begin to describe how completely fulfilling it is to find the person you're meant to be with. Jeff has enriched my life in so many ways and although it's cliche, I can't imagine life without him. We were friends that developed into more- I think that's the best kind of relationship possible. I didn't think life would change much with just the paperwork, we already felt so committed, but it has. It's wonderful!

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? no, just our dog

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? YES!!!!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Los Cabos, MX

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy turning into fast and funny

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 60

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? unsure

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? it's a collaborative effort

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Here Comes the Bride

19. Song to make your exit: Wedding March

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 26

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

24. Champagne or red wine? champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split 50/50

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? i can't wait!!!

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28 (hopefully)

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? absolutely

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes, engaged

7. Where did you/will you get married? prob Ocean City

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow

9. How many guests did you/will you have? around 100

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am trying to plan as much as I can

17. How did/will the bride enter? not sure yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I can't decide this

19. Song to make your exit: I don't know this either!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? definitely light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 26

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? the ones that areclose to us

24. Champagne or red wine? champagne

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? we pay are own bills, and split the house bills

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait for it

1. How old are you? 27

3. Do you have children? nope, just two cats

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? i was smitten after our first date and in love after the second.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes, engaged

7. Where did you/will you get married? puerto vallarta, mexico!

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? none, probably awkward and ugly!!!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? between 30-35

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional, or dr. seuss wink.gif

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2, i think

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let someone else decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? hopefully walking, and not stumbling!!!! walking down the aisle w/ both parents

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: i think traditional wedding song

19. Song to make your exit: tied the knot by digital underground

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? well, it was supposed to be a select few....but now everyone and their mothers....

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? hopefully simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? champagne if i have to pick, but i don't like either

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? i pay my bills and he pays the house bills

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? definitely before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? as of today, 2 months and 14 days!!!!!