Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? No thank you!! Lol, not right now.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Lol, no!!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? I had a garden wedding.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Hibiscus Lodge Hotel in Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and Sexy. We danced to Dancing by Elisa.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? We had between 150-175 guests.

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Our wedding was somewhat extravagant. If you planned to do it once, do it right.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? I wrote both of vows with inspiration from the hubby.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Both.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I had a wedding planner, but I also planned everything on my end. My wedding planner implemented my vision.

17. How did/will the bride enter? I wanted down an aisle made of bamboo.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: etta james' at last

19. Song to make your exit: This will be an everlasting love by natalie cole

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? N/A

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I don't know.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone was invited, but few came.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? I went for traditional Jamaican food i.e., jerked chicken, rice & peas, escoveitched fish, curried goat, etc. So, simply delicious.

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne w/ an open bar with everything.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We went on our honeymoon a day after our wedding. So, we were married on Saturday and went to our honeymoon on Sunday.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Our honeymoon was special, because it was my husband first time experiencing an all-inclusive resort in Jamaica. He usually experienced Jamaica as a local, not as a tourist.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We used to split everything in the middle. We recently joined bank accounts.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? I preferred living together before marriage, because there were a lot of quirk that my husband has that I did not know about.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Lol, my husband is my friend and worst enemy at the same time. We are so alike it's sickening (but in a good way).

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? since day 3

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach, since I saw Brooke and Ridge get married on the Beach on Bold and the Beautiful

7. Where did you/will you get married? Santa Clara Cuba

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy, memories of us - Keith Urban

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30 - hopefully

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? we will write our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? of course!

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid-day

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? BOTH depending on weather

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? a little bit of A and B

17. How did/will the bride enter? um dunno. As long as I say I do who cares!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: the sound of the waves

19. Song to make your exit: no idea suggestionshuh.gif

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely, would you buy the car before test driving it??

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I cannot wait! My FI is the best, we are both amalagamating our last names !!

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? Yup. We have a 3 year old daughter and an 11 month old son together.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? When we just had mutual friends and saw each other but didn't talk, No. Once we started talking we fell quick and hard, and then...Yes!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding all the way

7. Where did you/will you get married? Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy I guess. FI would like country 2 step though

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Between 20-30

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple yet beautiful

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? DW - ? maybe 2 or 3. AHR - 4

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? The DW is all at an AI resort. AHR at the local legion

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Mid-day

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I have made several decisions already with bigger things, but specifics like napkins and such she can do. That is why she is there.

17. How did/will the bride enter? From a horse and carriage and then down the sandy isle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: Not sure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 23

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Not quite everyone, but more than a select few, so a little of both

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? I don't drink either, but family members attending like wine, so probably that.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right away, but staying at the same resort for it.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? We love the resort we are going to since we have both been there. It was our first holiday together and FI first tropical holiday period, so it is somewhere special

27. Who will pay for the bills? We pay the bills together

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely. We have 2 kids together, so it is kind of a given for us.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am so excited for our big day to get here, and to share it in an intimate setting with our close friends and family on the beach, and of course....our beautiful children!

• 1 month later...

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? not until I got into bed with him... HA HA! Yes I did

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes, married for about 2 years of hell 10 years ago

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach definitly!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams, PC- DR

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? fast and sexy... a bit of both

9. How many guests did you/will you have? about 35

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple & easy

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? our own for the 2nd ceremony in PC, traditional for the 1st

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? no idea.. not too worried about the cake

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4:00 but I want sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors on the beach

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the aisle on the sand with dad

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: looking for inspiration

19. Song to make your exit: again - not sure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30 this time around! And I was pretty much correct!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right then and there!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? SAme AI as the wedding.

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely, bought a home together 2 years ago!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I Can't wait to marry mysoul mate!

1. How old are you? 20 (21 in 3 days!:))

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? Not yet :)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Not at first! he was my manager when i had a job in high school and years later we reconnected and he knew right away but i didnt. lol

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding for sure!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Los Cabo

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Between 10-20, im hoping more though

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple yet beautiful

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional but with a bit of ourselves written into them

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? DW - ?3 probably

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? The DW is all at an AI resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? close to sunset

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Not really no, thats kind of why we wanted a DW, didnt want to stress about the little things and just let someone else plan it..but everything else i am planning :)

17. How did/will the bride enter? walking down the sandy aisle :)

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: Not sure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? my close family members and both of our close friends

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? probably both..but i definately want champagne!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right away, but staying at the same resort for it.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? it will be new to both of us...never been to mexico before

27. Who will pay for the bills? We pay the bills together

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am so excited for our big day! I cant wait to be a Mrs! :)

1. How old are you? 29

3. Do you have children? Nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Definitely not

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach Wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, fast and spicy? Slow and Sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Hopefully no more than 40

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? a little of both?? lol

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Making up our own..scary!!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 or 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Restaurant

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Someone else do it...if I could afford this option.

17. How did/will the bride enter? not sure yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: another, "not sure yet" lol

19. Song to make your exit: same as above

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply Delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Hoefully no more than 6 months after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new to us both!

27. Who will pay for the bills? We both will

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? The idea of "til death do

us part" is a little scary but I can't imagine going into it with anyone other than my boo. I can't wait!

1. How old are you?29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? Not yet

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Never he is everything I was not looking for and he showed up when I didn't expect him

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No but he was

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Jamaica, Montego Bay

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 60ish

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? I want to say our own vows but I may be too emotional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? I really don't care about the cake

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? well it is at the resort but outside near/on the beach

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? a little of both things that are important to me I will be very detailed things less important to me what evere happens happens

17. How did/will the bride enter? I will walk :)

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I am not sure yet something beachy and fun

19. Song to make your exit: I am not sure yet something beachy and fun

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? I think it will be light

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

24. Champagne or red wine? Vodka, tequilla, rum

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Jamaica!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we both do some more then others but it evens out

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?I hope it is better then I imagine

1. How old are you? 26 as of Saturday :)

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

3. Do you have children? Yes, 2 furbabies :)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I didn't but, both of our families have been talking about it since we started dating (10 years ago!!!!) :) LOL

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? We've been together since 2 months before my 16th B-day :)

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Wanted to get married at a cliff's edge, overlooking the ocean.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Cancun

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Sultry Rumba

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 14 + us = 16 total

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple and A LOT OF FUN!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? The ones the officiant showed me on a piece of paper before the ceremony and I said, "OK!"

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 (I Think) :) I would have to look at the picture (I dont remember! ) :) LOL

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Lobby open to the outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Absolutely not! I refused to plan the little things; the big stuff drove me up the wall enough :) LOL

17. How did/will the bride enter? Walked up to the gazebo with both parents.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: None

19. Song to make your exit: Whatever the Mariachi were playing. I would have to watch the wedding video again to rember. Like I said, couldn't handle plannign the small stuff! :)

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? I think it was pretty light but we could barely hear/undertand the officiant. Which we keep looking back at and laughing!!!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Invited everyone and only the select few went! Thankfully!!! :)

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Fine dining all the way

24. Champagne or red wine? Lots and lots and lots of tequila!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Didn't have an official honeymoon. Our honeymoon/1st wedding anniversary will be our trip to Costa Rica at the end of this month.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? First time in Costa Rica for both of us!

27. Who will pay for the bills? We paid for the wedding ourselves 120%

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Lived together for 3 yrs before marriage (but we were engaged, does that count?)

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? For us, it is exactly the same as being engaged minus the stress of planning 2 weddings :)

1. How old are you? 28

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Since the first conversation we had

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no, but I was close

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach, nontraditional wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Cayo Largo, Cuba

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? haven't decided yet...but fast and spicy sounds great!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30+

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? When I was younger I wanted the huge wedding now just simple will suit me and FI just fine.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? haven't decided yet...I love making my own though...but FI might get stage fright!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? no cake...hoping for pie!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? same place I am getting married

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? a little of both

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? have some say but trust DWC.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down the aisle on the sandy beach with flowers making the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Cuban band - playing live

19. Song to make your exit: Cuban band - playing live

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light and fun!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 26

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Friends, Family

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? A mixture of both.

24. Champagne or red wine? Red for sure

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Special for both of us..we have been there twice before.

27. Who will pay for the bills? FI pays for trip, honeymoon, wedding - I pay for attire for both FI and myself, gifts for attendants, photographer.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We already feel married...living together for sure!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It may be a lot of planning and expense but in the long run it will be a great day to share with those special people in your life and to leave as a legacy for your children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How old are you? 33

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

3. Do you have children? One step-daughter

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes, absolutely

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? I always wanted a beach wedding with my toes in the sand

7. Where did you/will you get married? Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Funny and slow...Adam Sandler's I wanna grow old with you.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 80

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Half and half

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Pretty traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Not sure yet

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Yup, I am a little anal.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down stairs from the jungle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Canon D

19. Song to make your exit: Don't know yet. Maybe the Jason Mraz song

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Pretty solemn, I was shocked at how religious it will be.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Close family and friends

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply yummy

24. Champagne or red wine? Both

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Hell ya!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Yes, we have never been to Curaco.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We paid for the wedding ourselves 120%

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Yup, one year this month.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am so excited to marry the man of my dreams