Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 24

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 24

3. Do you have children? Not Yet!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Runaway Bay, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 16

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Combination

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ? Just before sunset, at 4pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Mostly just using what the resort provides

17. How did/will the bride enter? Golf Cart., then walk down the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Some where over the rainbow

19. Song to make your exit: Tonights Gonna be a good night

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I never really ever thought about it.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select Few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? A bit of both

24. Champagne or red wine? Neither

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? awhile after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Somewhere new

27. Who will pay for the bills? Us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I'm so excited!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 30 and still struggling with it ...

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? not yet and while i'm looking forward to it, enjoying our time alone now!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? I was not, but FI was married previously and I found out right before we got engaged, which was a bit shocking to me.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Cancun/Playa del Carmen/Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?  slow as FI hates to dance

9. How many guests did you/will you have? TBD, most likely 25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?  Simple but elegant

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? TBD

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? does a resort count?

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ?  hopefully sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors?  outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide?  little bit of both

17. How did/will the bride enter? barefoot through the sand

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: TBD

19. Song to make your exit: TBD

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light & fun

21. At what age did you think you would get married? when i was a kid, thought it would be by 25 and kids by 30, as the years went on, that changed.  =)

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone and they can make the decision!

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? honeymoon as part of the wedding trip to Mexico and hopefully another trip soon after for our 1 year anniversary

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? new to both

27. Who will pay for the bills? Him, me, my parents, his mom; not sure about his dad & step-mom yet

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely! Been living together 1.5 years so far

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I'm glad I waited to find him to be my husband, as I know deep down we'll be together forever!! 

• 1 year later...

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? YEP

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? ocho Rios Jamaica.

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 20-30

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset?mid day 3 pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoor/outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Planning to a point.. lol

17. How did/will the bride enter? down to the sand aisle.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Not sure if we will have a song to walk down the aisle to as they may charge extra for that

19. Song to make your exit: If we have a song it would be the same as the one we enter.. or that could change

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone and whoever can come can com

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious, its the steakhouse menu at the rio ocho rios.

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? The following week in Negril.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Jamaica! However my FI has been to jamaica as his family is from there

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Been living together for almost 3 years

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? looking forward to it

• 3 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? no.. lol

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Mixture of it all

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 75 (i think)

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? He wants to make our own...I wanted traditional.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Resort on beach

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Depends.... I don't care about minor details

17. How did/will the bride enter? through the resort and onto the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: A thousand years by Christina Perri

19. Song to make your exit: Undecided

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30+

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Staying at resort as our honeymoon

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Technically brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? We split joint bills 50/50 and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before marriage! .... hoping to have our house before then. 

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Can't wait!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 24 2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25 3. Do you have children? nope 4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? we were best friends before we started dating 5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no 6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach 7. Where did you/will you get married? Turks and Caicos 8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow 9. How many guests did you/will you have? Destination wedding-45, AHR 200+ 10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple 11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional 12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? We haven't looked at cakes yet 13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No 14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset 15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors 16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Both 17. How did/will the bride enter? I haven't seen it yet 18. Song to walk down the aisle to: instrumental version of a thousand years part two 19. Song to make your exit: I dont know 20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? 21. At what age did you think you would get married? Not sure 22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? 23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious 24. Champagne or red wine? Neither 25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? A little while 26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new- bora bora 27. Who will pay for the bills? bills for the wedding? Both 28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We just bought a house so before 29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Can't wait!!:D __________________

1. How old are you? 24 2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25 3. Do you have children? nope 4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? we were best friends before we started dating 5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no 6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach 7. Where did you/will you get married? Turks and Caicos 8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow 9. How many guests did you/will you have? Destination wedding-45, AHR 200+ 10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple 11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional 12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? We haven't looked at cakes yet 13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No 14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset 15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors 16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Both 17. How did/will the bride enter? I haven't seen it yet 18. Song to walk down the aisle to: instrumental version of a thousand years part two 19. Song to make your exit: I dont know 20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? 21. At what age did you think you would get married? Not sure 22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? 23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious 24. Champagne or red wine? Neither 25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? A little while 26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new- bora bora 27. Who will pay for the bills? bills for the wedding? Both 28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We just bought a house so before 29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Can't wait!!:D __________________

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 33

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Las Caletas, MX

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sweet

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 40

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own?  traditional with personal touches

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? saving cake for our AHR

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no-private cove/beach

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? every.single.detail ;)

17. How did/will the bride enter? down stairs to the sand aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: processional : piano version of "a thousand years" ...bridal march "on the lake" from the notebook

19. Song to make your exit: ho hey by the lumineers

21. At what age did you think you would get married? definitely by 30, haha

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? close loved ones

24. Champagne or red wine? a little bit of both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? The following week in Negril.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? different resort, same town (moving to Garza Blanca after a week at Dreams)

27. Who will pay for the bills? we will.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? living together before is a must in my opinion.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? enjoying every second! 7 mths to go! :)

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? not yet

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Puerto Vallarta

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sweet

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 40 (hopefully! Right now our invite list is looking around 75-80, so hoping many don't come as we wanted a small, intimate wedding, not a big show, but it is what it is now)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple- goodness, I hope it will be simple......

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own?  a mix of both- some traditional vows, with our own as well

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? whatever comes with the package- I think two layers?

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Does an AI resort count?

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I would like to say let someone else decide, but in the effort to keep costs down, I think it will be every detail

17. How did/will the bride enter? down stairs to the sand aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: TBD

19. Song to make your exit: TBD

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 27-28, so I'm not that "far" off, though I had wanted to have a child by now....

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? wanted it to be a select few- but now it's everyone

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne and WHITE wine..... hate red wine, gives me a headache and makes me grumpy

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Before, during and after the wedding!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Same resort- we got engaged there on our 10 year dating anniversary, will get married there on our 12 year dating anniversary :)

27. Who will pay for the bills? we will, with some help from both sets of parents, wherever they can (not expectation of it though)

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? living together before is a must in my opinion- been living together for over 8 years now!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? though I know it won't change anything for us, I wanted just a little something to celebrate us as a couple. I wanted marriage to have the same name as our (future) children, and didn't want to simply legally change it- wanted a reason for it. Otherwise, I know, I know it won't change anything for us, but make us a family in name-only. We already are a family, but this just makes it official and saves the future headache of a quick wedding later on while I am pregnant haha. We are mostly just excited to be able to go on vacation with our closest family and friends, and experience PV with them, as our engagement week there has left us with sooo many memories- we can only imagine how beautiful, special and wonderful it will be with all our people surrounding us!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? not yet

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes - I knew years ago.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? ummm... fast and sweet, actually.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 12 (plus the 2 of us)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple. I was hoping for a few more people, but there was drama, so it is what it is. and I am pleased with 12

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own?  traditional. We are exchanging notes privately with personal vows before the ceremony.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? whatever comes with the package- I think just one for our group.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? It is at our resort.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Late afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outside by the pool.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I do not stress too much over details, but I do plan them. I just like to plan, and I am DIYing a lot (an excuse to craft? Yes please!) So that is translating to detailed planning.

17. How did/will the bride enter? I arrive on a golf cart I think, then down the aisle (on the sand!)

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: An instrumental version of Kiss the Girl from Little Mermaid

19. Song to make your exit: We Go Together, from the movie Grease

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? somewhere in between, but probably more light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? before 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Wanted to invite practically everyone - which is not that many - but, again, drama... so I was good with the select few.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious... though it looks like fine dining from what I can tell at this point!

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne please! And white wine too... But it is a special occasion. Any excuse for champagne!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? The honeymoon is built into the wedding trip... we are staying an extra week.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? We are staying at the same resort. We wanted to go somewhere we have never been before, and a little more extravagant than usual.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We were planning on it, but have been pleasantly surprised throughout planning with generous parents. My parents bought my dress (I paid for alterations) and will pay for the music at our AHR. His parents have chipped in here and there (like picking up supplies for invitations...) and then were super generous by paying for our trip without our knowledge! Everything else we pay for. 

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We have been living together a long time... We met almost 10 years ago, and moved in pretty quickly after. I know some couples who do not believe in this, but personally I think it was very important to our relationship. We figured a lot of stuff out through living together.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Um, just that planning a wedding is fun... but it is a party. It is a party that symbolizes the commitment you have made. But the commitment itself... that happens regardless of the colours or music or even the dress. It happens when you are upset and can talk it out, when you say you are sorry, when you laugh together. The wedding is just a way to publicly announce that commitment to the world. And it is a lot of fun too!

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? We had a whirlwind "courting", but yes. I call it fate.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach... obviously.

7. Where did you/will you get married? Runaway Bay, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 35-40

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Somewhere in between. Simple with details.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Both. A bit traditional at first, and then we add our own.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? I haven't decided. 2 or 3.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? All-inclusive resort... Dinner in a restaurant and than Gazebo on the beach

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Both... mostly outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Not every detail (I don't care about napkins, haha!) But i'm planning lots

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down the aisle to the Gazebo/on beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: For the Disney Princesses out there (like me) I'm walking down to an instrumental of Beauty & The Beast. NO, my fiance's not a beast... the song is beautiful, for those who know it, you'll certainly agree.

19. Song to make your exit: I dunno yet. We're doing a Champagne toast immediately after, so maybe play music then? No real exit.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Mostly light, with some tear jerking moments.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? No clue. But I always wanted my first baby/pregnancy by 28... and married first... I'm right on track.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? My family is large, his is not. We invited only close friends, and close family (which my side is kind of a lot...)

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Hopefully Simply delicious.

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away. Jamaica to Mexico.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new! Every Bell  &Whistle.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We are paying the bills together. My parents bought my wedding dress.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I'm very excited to be able to call my other half, my husband. And make him a Daddy! :)