Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 27
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes!!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach
7. Where did you/will you get married? Las Caletas, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? A mix of Slow and Sexy and Fast and Spicy (we are having a combo of three songs)

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Around 20? (Best guess)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Making it up!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Maybe 3?

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Little of column A, little of column B

17. How did/will the bride enter? Down a set of stairs, by myself

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I am thinking "Marry Me" by Train

19. Song to make your exit: Currently, I am thinking "Good Life" by One Republic, but it is still over a year away!!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light, but still meaningful

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 22

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? I would've preferred to invite a select few, but my fiancee prefers to keep the peace with his family, so we invited practically everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Special town, new hotel/resort

27. Who will pay for the bills? Us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I knew from day 1 I wanted to marry him...and there's just over 400 days til we say I do!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? garden wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Punta Cana,DR

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 35

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? on a boat

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ?mid-day with sunset reception

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? horse and cariage

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: ?

19. Song to make your exit: ?

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 28

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? Nope, not yet.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes and No. I always knew I would marry a kind person with a big heart…I just didnâ€t imagine him being a white farm boy. LOL!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Playa del Carmen, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 15-60 for the ceremony and 100-200 for the at home receptions

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple vintage.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Weâ€re writing our own.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Aiming for 2-3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No, ceremony and reception is on the beach.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my hotel Wedding Coordinator decide.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Beats me, Iâ€ve never been there. Iâ€ll find out when we get through customs. Haha.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Traditional or Canon Undecided…but I want a guitar or mariachi band playing.

19. Song to make your exit: Undecided…but I want a guitar or mariachi band playing.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Hopefully light with lots of laughs

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 21 and kids by 25.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few.. but the both of us have HUGE families.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? They way to my heart is also food. I have to go with fine dining and it better be delicious too!

24. Champagne or red wine? Toasting with Champagne.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away, weâ€re doing a WeddingMoon! Two birds one stone.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? He has been to Playa before, this will be my first.

27. Who will pay for the bills? Both!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely. We had no choice, long distance dating. He is from the St. Louis area and Iâ€m from Dallas. We had to see if it would work J

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I canâ€t wait to marry my best friend. Come on June 2, 2012!!! Iâ€m ready!

Whoa too big..lets try again...

1. How old are you? 29

1. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

1. Do you have children? Nope

1. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes and No. I always knew I would marry a kind person with a big heart…I just didnâ€t imagine it being a white farm boy. LOL!

1. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No
  2. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

3. Where did you/will you get married? Playa del Carmen, Mexico

1. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy.

1.  How many guests did you/will you have? 15-60 for the ceremony and 100-200 for the at home receptions

2.  Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple vintage.

3.  Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Weâ€re writing our own.

4.  How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Aiming for 2-3

5.  Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No, ceremony and reception is on the beach.

6. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

7. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

8.  Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Letting  my hotel Wedding Coordinator decide.

9.  How did/will the bride enter? Beats me, Iâ€ve never been there. Iâ€ll find out when we get through customs. Haha.

10. Song to walk down the aisle to: Traditional or Canon Undecided…but I want a guitar or mariachi band playing.

11.  Song to make your exit: Undecided…but I want a guitar or mariachi band playing.

12. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Hopefully light with lots of laughs

13.  At what age did you think you would get married? 21 and kids by 25.

1.  Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few.. but the both of us have HUGE families.

1. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? They way to my heart is also food. I have to go with fine dining and it better be delicious too!

1. Champagne or red wine? Toasting with Champagne.

1.  Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away, weâ€re doing a WeddingMoon! Two birds one stone.

1.  Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? He has been to Playa before, this will be my first.

1.  Who will pay for the bills? Both!

1.  Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely. We had no choice, long distance dating. He is from the St. Louis area and Iâ€m from Dallas. We had to see if it would work J

1.  Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I canâ€t wait to marry my best friend. Come on June 2, 2012!!! Iâ€m ready!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 33

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach wedding but will be in the gazebo on the beach for some shade!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Excellence Playa Mujeres, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? around 30

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? not sure - maybe 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes at the resort on the event terrace

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ? before sunset. Havent figured out exactly how much sun is shinning at 5pm!

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? on pink heels!!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: a guitarist playing his own music

19. Song to make your exit: guitarist playing his own music

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? hopefully light. Havent even looked into the scripts.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? we invited most but only a select few are coming

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? special - same as wedding location. This will be our 3rd visit!

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split bills and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? LETS GO ALREADY!! COME ON MAY!!!

1. How old are you? 34

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 34

3. Do you have children? yes, 3

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Had no idea!  we have been friends for 12 years...

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach Wedding

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? A Salsa or maybe a Bachata

9. How many guests did you/will you have? expecting around 40

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? not simple, not extravagant... just right

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? I'm hoping to write my own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? at a restaurant

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ? 4pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors on the beach

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? plan every detail

17. How did/will the bride enter? walking in with my mom

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: Good life by one republic

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I was married at 24. never expected to get remarried...

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? close family and friends

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? two months later... to London!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? We are paying for everything together

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to be on the beach and call him my husband!

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? Nope!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I was pretty sure!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? We invited about 60 and 36 have booked so far... so somewhere between there

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We're writing our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Not sure yet :S

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? It's going to be an evening beach party... at the hotel

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ? mid-day with a sunset reception

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? the dinner is indoors but the reception party is outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'll do a combination of both

17. How did/will the bride enter? horse and carriage...

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Most  likely Marry Me by Train

19. Song to make your exit: We haven't decided yet...

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24ish

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We're doing a short 3 day weekend away right after, and then going on our honeymoon a few months later...

27. Who will pay for the bills? We split down the middle with him paying some and I paying the others

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely, we bought a house!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Only 5 months, I can't wait :)

1. How old are you? Just turned 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? Oh heeeeeell no.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope, but FH was engaged before.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Cancun, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and romantic

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 70

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple but unique

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Our Own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Three

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes, ceremony on the beach followed by dinner reception outside.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ? 5pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors?  outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I will decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? down stone steps to the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: somewhere over the rainbow

19. Song to make your exit: Here comes the Sun by the Beatles

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? VERY light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Didn't have it planned

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Fine Dining. fancy schmancy!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Trip to NYC 6 months later

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Special to me, new to him

27. Who will pay for the bills? Joint effort, like a marriage!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely! Been living together five years! Would you buy a car without test driving it??!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? He makes me SO happy <3

1. How old are you? 31

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? Someday!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Punta Cana, DR

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Still haven't decided (yikes!)

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 45

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Intimate, unique, simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Combination

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes, ceremony is on the beach followed by a reception near the pool

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset ? Just before sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors!

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? A bit of both. Going with the resorts package and theme/decor and then adding some extra touches. I wish I had time to get even more in there.

17. How did/will the bride enter? Fly! j/k, walk :)

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Steel drum music

19. Song to make your exit: More steel drum music

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? When I was little I thought 24 was the perfect age (because my best friends sister got married at 24). Then I turned 24 and decided somewhere between 28 and 30 sounded like a better idea.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone really important to US.... and all his mom's friends. ;)

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Fine Dining (it better be!)

24. Champagne or red wine? All of the above!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We're staying a full week in a suite away from everyone else (byyyye!) and then dreaming and saving for a huge exotic trip to south east asia.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Our future honeymoon trip isn't special yet but will be after we go there. ;)

27. Who will pay for the bills? Us of course.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? <insert cheesy line here>  No, seriously, I feel so lucky to be marrying my best friend.