Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? yes, after a couple of months of meeting him

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? garden wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and not-too-sexy...daddy will be looking!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30 tops

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Shooting for simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Our own! Can't wait to declare my love to my hunny. :) Hope I won't 
cry too much.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? wanted to let someone else decide, but I think bridezilla wants to choose everything! Control freak...

17. How did/will the bride enter? Slowly, with Dad by my side.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Runaway - The Corrs

19. Song to make your exit: If My Heart Had Wings - Faith Hill

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light, please!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 23

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? A very select few.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply Delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Red Wine!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after it!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? The same town as wedding, I guess it's new!

27. Who will pay for the bills? For the wedding? Split. In the marriage, full on joint accounts.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Not before marriage. 

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? CAN'T WAIT! :D :D :D

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 25
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes, I knew it after a few month :D

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Garden wedding with Oceanview :D
7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 0?

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? He wants traditional
12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 (not sure who will eat it all..)

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Resort
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Midday to Sunset

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I plan it all by myself, but do not get into much of details, since it will be just two of us.

17. How did/will the bride enter? walk

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Canon in D

19. Song to make your exit: Not sure yet
20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light
21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select Few
23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Fine dining
24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Before and right after :D

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? New!
27. Who will pay for the bills? Us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait!!!!

Fun, haven't done one of these in a long time!  Nice break for a Friday!!!

1. How old are you? 33

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 34

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes!  It just seemed to be too perfect!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Cancun, Mexico-Moon Palace

9. How many guests did you/will you have? at least 25, probably a few more...

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple, for sure

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Make our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1, we are so not cake/sweets

people

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yep

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 5 pm right before sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors, but we'll see how hot it is...

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? little of both.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Somewhere over the rainbow by IZ

19. Song to make your exit: Beautiful Day-U2

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone...Not really my choice, though.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Red Wine

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? It will be convenient to where we are getting married!  HA!

27. Who will pay for the bills? my FI and I will

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am so excited to marry my best friend!!!

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 32

3. Do you have children? yup

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? sure did !

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? engaged yes

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? punta cana, DR

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?fast n spicy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 8

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? the hotel one I'm not sure but the 2 at home

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4 pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? someone else decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? I haven't seen it yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: erfect - hedley

19. Song to make your exit: I dont know

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? never

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? rye !! jk champagne !

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both?brand new to me, he been there before

27. Who will pay for the bills? bills for the wedding? me and FI paying for wedding our travels, guest pay their own travels

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Not married yet..but I can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 23
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding!
7. Where did you/will you get married? Riviera Maya, Mexico

9. How many guests did you/will you have? no idea yet

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? extravagant but I don't the $ for everything I want

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional but still personalized
12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 probably

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Resort
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? I'm thinking sunset

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Somewhere in the middle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: not sure yet
21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25ish

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone but I don't think many will come

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after but at a different, adults only resort

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? New
27. Who will pay for the bills? We will

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It's going to take forever for the day to get here!

1. How old are you? 26
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? Not Yet!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Not At The Beginning!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Never
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Of Course A Beach Wedding!
7. Where did you/will you get married? Negril, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slooow & Sexy!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? We Are Inviting 200 But Are Expecting Around 50!

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Very Simple & Elegant

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional, My Fiancee Refused To Write His Own. LOL!
12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? We Will Have A Two Layer Cake To "Cut".. Then A One Layer Groom's Cake.. And Mini Cakes For Each Individual Person!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? All-Inclusive Resort
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4:00 P.M.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Unfortunately I Am A Planner!

17. How did/will the bride enter? I Will Walk With My Father

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Kiss The Girl Instrumental Version

19. Song to make your exit: Yikes, I Didn't Even Know I Needed A Song For This! I Better Get On It!!!
21. At what age did you think you would get married? I Never Thought About A Particular Age.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? All Family And Close Friends
23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? That Is Up To The Resort

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right After The Wedding As Newlyweds!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand New To Us Both
27. Who will pay for the bills? We Will Be Paying As Well As My Parents!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We Have Lived Together For Five Years

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Everything Is Going By So Quickly, I Can Not Wait!!

• 3 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 31
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I hoped, but wasn't entirely sure

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? We had a beach wedding 
7. Where did you/will you get married? Nassau, Bahamas

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Foxtrot (Lovely Day by Bill Withers)

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 36

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple and sort of grounded in the natural surroundings

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional, but we flew my pastor in so he made them personal 
12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Two layers

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes, but over my initial objections
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 6:00 P.M. - close to sunset
15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors, but under a pavilion

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? A little of both.  I was more into the event flow and atmosphere than the actual nitty-gritty details, but I wanted to make sure that at least everything was related so nothing came off as disjointed or anachronistic

17. How did/will the bride enter? Dad walked me down the path and the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Air on the G string (Bach)

19. Song to make your exit: Wedding March from A Midsummer Night's Dream (Mendelssohn) 
20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Again, sort of mixed.  It was meant to be light but my pastor kind of snuck in some heavier personal stuff; it enhanced it though, it didn't detract at all
21. At what age did you think you would get married? When I was younger, I thought between 25 and 27.  After I passed 21 though, I wasn't really sure if I ever wanted to get married

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select few.  But we did have a home reception with 200 people 
23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? It was closer to simply delicious, but it was a three-course plated meal
24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Directly after the wedding but it was short

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? New to both of us, and we did two different places (stayed in the Bahamas though)
27. Who will pay for the bills? We payed for our wedding and honeymoon, my parents paid for the home reception

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We moved in together once we were engaged

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Smaller is better.  My wedding in the islands was memorable and I got to spend time with people that I loved.  The big home reception was a blur that I barely remember, even though everyone raves about what a good time they had

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? From the moment we met!!!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Siesta Key, FL

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 20

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Not sure... probably traditional with a little bit of extra "us" in it

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? probably 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors, rooftop

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I will plan all of it, with some advice of my WC

17. How did/will the bride enter? around the bend onto the sand and down the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Not sure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? We were there this past February, its a romantic second visit

27. Who will pay for the bills? we split joint bills down the middle and pay our individual bills separately

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I'm so excited!!!

1. How old are you?  33
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

3. Do you have children? NO

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes, I knew while we were on our blind date

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach wedding!
7. Where did you/will you get married? Playa Pesquero, Holguin ,Cuba

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Still deciding, I think will we end up writing our own vows together
12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Don't really care about the cake

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? resort hotel
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? getting married at 4 pm on the beach
15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? planned myself

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:not sure yet

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 27

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? we are going to Panama one month later

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? New!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? The best things in life are the things that are a complete surprise!!!

1. How old are you? 35
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 35 (20 first time)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Nope

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Ocean wedding
7. Where did you/will you get married? Tampa Florida

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 28

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? make up somehting

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 (3 for at home)

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Midday

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? on a ship

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? most details

17. How did/will the bride enter? walk alone

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I'm Yours

19. Song to make your exit: If your wondering if I want you, I want you to

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? in between

21. At what age did you think you would get married? was married earlier before I even thought about it.  Never thought I'd marry again.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select Few

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?  no