Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you?   33
2. At what age did you/will you get married?   34
3. Do you have children?   Not yet!
4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now?  Yes-- I never believed in love at first sight until I met my fiance. :)
5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now?  No
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding?   Cabo Azul's five story open-air chapel that looks over the Sea of Cortez
7. Where did you/will you get married?  Cabo Azul, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?  Fun and flirty
9. How many guests did you/will you have?   About 150
10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?   Something in between.
11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own?  Our own.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have?  Zero -- we said "no thank you" to the $2,000 cake. 
13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel?  Yes
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset?  Sunset
15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Half and half
16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Mostly myself
17. How did/will the bride enter? With either my dad or my dad and mom

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:  "Somewhere over the Rainbow/Wonderful World" by Israel K.
19. Song to make your exit:  Say Hey by Michael Franti
20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one?   In between
21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25 (SOOOOOO glad that I waited!!!!!)
22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few?  A select few (if 150 is few)

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious?  Both
24. Champagne or red wine?  Both.  Plus margaritas, beer, Kettle...
25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon?  Bali two weeks after
26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both?  New to us both
27. Who will pay for the bills?  My family, his family, us
28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? I was terrified to do it but glad that we did!
29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?   "To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world." -unknown .  I'm so ecstatic that I've found the right person!!!!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you?  28
2. At what age did you/will you get married?   29
3. Do you have children?   No...but soon!
4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now?  Absolutely...knew from the first night
5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now?  No
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding?   beach...we are SO not traditional!!!

7. Where did you/will you get married?  Sandals Grande St. Lucian in Gros Islet, St. Lucia
8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?  short and sweet :)
9. How many guests did you/will you have?   20-30
10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?   simple...it's all about the love, right?
11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own?  this is the only part that will be traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have?  I think two...whatever Sandals decides to provide :)
13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel?  yes
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset?  4:00, but hopefully some pictures at sunset
15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors...crossing fingers for perfect weather!
16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Pick the package...one of the reasons I chose a DW...less stress over little decisions!
17. How did/will the bride enter? I have no idea...maybe alone?

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:  ???
19. Song to make your exit:  One Love
20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one?   very light/informal
21. At what age did you think you would get married? 22
22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few?  the more the merrier :)

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious?  a little of both
24. Champagne or red wine?  all of the above and some fruity carribean drinks I hope
25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon?  Honeymoon for a few days after the other guests head home
26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both?  brand new adventure!
27. Who will pay for the bills?  us
28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? thought I never would, but glad I did!  Highly recommend!
29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?   can't wait!  with all the stress/complaints to endure....so glad I chose a DW in such a beautiful location!

1. How old are you? 24

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 24

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Very quickly I knew and have never doubted it since!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Barcelo Palace in Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Approx 25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple but personalized!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? A mixture of both

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? It is at a beach grill at our resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Midday

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoors but it's a very open beach grill

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I've been very laid back about details but I'm trying to personalize it so I'm working on my own little projects

17. How did/will the bride enter? Barefoot down the aisle on the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Don't know yet!!

19. Song to make your exit: Something in violin

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I had no idea. I hoped between 25 and 27

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Open bar--I prefer white wine!!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We leave for the DR 2 days after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new to the Dominican

27. Who will pay for the bills? We have been sharing money since we moved in together (3 months into our relationship) so it is both of us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Definitely: again, moved in after 3 months, never looked back!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am so excited for the wedding, but even more so to marry the man of my dreams!! I am very much looking forward to a week long celebration in paradise with the people I love. I barely get to see most of my family because they live in eastern U.S and I live western Canada. I can't wait!!

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? Nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? When we first met, no. We were both dating other people.  3 years later, when we started dating, yes.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Puerto Vallarta MX

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Waltz, it's the only dance I've been able to teach him!  He's still working on the turns - they can be tricky!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 25-30ish

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple but way fun!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Make up our own, we want to keep them short and sweet.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2, I think.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? The ceremony will be on the beach and the reception on a poolside terrace @ the hotel

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset, I'm putting DEET in the OOT bags!

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Some planning, but overall taking the laid back approach to things

17. How did/will the bride enter? With my Mum at my side and my future husband at the alter

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Haven't given it any thought

19. Song to make your exit: The cheers of my friends and family is all the music I'll need

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? A light one, getting married is supposed to be a fun happy time right?

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Before I was 30 :)

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious!

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne cause I love it!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Min-moon for a few days following the wedding, full on honeymoon a while after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new!  We're gonna stay on one of the cays in Belize!

27. Who will pay for the bills? We both will, and my Mum is helping with ceremony & reception costs, 'cause she's the best!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely before marriage - best 5 years of my life so far!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I so excited to get married to the man I love!  I feel privileged to be able to celebrate with the people we truly care about in a beautiful place.

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? No, thank you.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I knew that we would be very special, but I didn't want to marry anyone ever at that time.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Gazebo, on beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Hopefully, Iberostar, Montego Bay, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and Sexy - it's easier for him

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 22-25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple...the best wedding gift ever!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? You must make up your own.  You have to put part of yourself into this.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? On the resort's property

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Mid-day, so we have picture time before sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Wherever we can all get together!

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am trying to plan as little as possible

17. How did/will the bride enter?  From a pathway that curves away from the ceremony

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Just the waves crashing

19. Song to make your exit: Hopefully, everyone clapping

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light and happy, please

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I never thought that I would get married, just have a long term boyfriend

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select few...best way to keep the less than welcome out

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simple and Delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Rum Punch and Bob Marley shots

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after so I can recover from family and wedding-stress

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Our favorite resort that is a little pricey and quiet

27. Who will pay for the bills? Us, with guests paying their way

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage?  Absolutely before...that is the true test of a relationship

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?  I look forward to it being just the 2 of us from now on.

• 3 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 30 (31 in just a few weeks)

3. Do you have children? Not yet.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Not initially, but knew so pretty quickly as we progressed in our relationship.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach, toes in the sand all the way :P

7. Where did you/will you get married? Paradisus Punta Cana

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow for sure ...my FI is not big on dancing LOL

9. How many guests did you/will you have? up to 40...dont have all the RSVP's yet

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple with my own twists :)

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional but thinking of adding something of our own

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? on the beach as well :)

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4:00pm mid day

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? beach! out doors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am doing it all! i'm not a fan of letting any one else decide. i like things to be unique to my taste so my wedding can reflect my and FI tastes

17. How did/will the bride enter?  with feet in the sand down the isle towards the ocean ahhhhhhhhhhhh

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: torn between better together and somewhere over the rainbow 50 first dates version though (cant remember what its called at the moment)

19. Song to make your exit: havent decided yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 26

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few with a few extras...you know, political family stuff LOL

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? not a clue yet

24. Champagne or red wine? BOTH

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? staying 2 weeks...week one for wedding and week two so FI and i can enjoy each other as husband and wife when all the kaos settles :)

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? special. we travelled to Paradisus Punta Cana for our anniversary which is why we are getting married there and staying for our honeymoon. its paradise

27. Who will pay for the bills? Fi and I but hopefylly the lottery if we can win it in the next few months hahahaha

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage?  we live together...the only way i think it should be done these days! 

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?  Its a true testament to the love you have for each other. I cant wait to see what the future holds for Fi and I :).

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes I did!  We met in high school and have been inseperable ever since :)

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach- Gazebo

7. Where did you/will you get married? Majestic Elegance Punta Cana, DR

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Approx 20

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple and intimate

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? personalized traditional

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Majestic Elegance

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Midday

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Planning every little detail with a LOT of help :)

17. How did/will the bride enter? Walking down the aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Isreal Kamakawiwo'ole "Somewhere Over The Rainbow-What a Wonderful World

19. Song to make your exit: undecided

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

24. Champagne or red wine? CHAMPAGNE!!!!!!!!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? The two of us and my parents

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Living together now

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It's easy to get wrapped up in all the fun planning... I'm trying to focus on having a great marriage first and an AMAZING wedding second!

1. How old are you? 34

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 35

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Had no idea, but he's so perfect for me!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach, barefoot and all!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Los Cabos, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Um.....medium and fun? We're doing our first dance to "Do You Want to Know A Secret?" by the Beatles -- at least this is our choice for now. :D 

9. How many guests did you/will you have? About 60

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple and intimate

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Something we will make up on our own.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Not really.....it's on the beach in front of a timeshare resort.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Late afternoon so we can get some sunset pictures post-ceremony

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Planning every little detail down

17. How did/will the bride enter? With both mom and dad

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: If we have live music, not sure..... Otherwise, will walk down to "It is You (I Have Loved)" by Dana Glover

19. Song to make your exit: If we have live music, something fun and celebratory. Otherwise, we're still thinking about that.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? A little bit of both. 

21. At what age did you think you would get married? some time in my 30s

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? I'm allergic to most champagnes, so bubblies have to be either Moscato d'Asti or Riesling; otherwise, I go for red wine, especially Carmenere. 

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? A short one right after and then a full-blown one a year later. :)

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? It will be in the same city as the wedding; a special place to me, and brand new to my fiance.

27. Who will pay for the bills? The two of us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Currently living together

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? In the end I have to remind myself that it's not about the "wedding" but it's about celebrating the gift of a lifelong partner who is perfect for me and sharing that joy with close family and friends. And I can't wait for the journey of marriage to begin with the love of my life. 

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 18 the first time but I'll still be 30 when we wed this year

3. Do you have children? Yes, four, his two daughters ages 19 & 17, and our son 8 and our daughter 5

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I didn't think I would even love him, or anyone, ever again but he swept me off my feet!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Yes, when I was too young to know better

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach!!!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Daytona Beach, FL

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Not sure, we are going clubbing after the wedding.....Prob slow one at the party after we get home

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 3 at the wedding but about 150 at the party 2 weeks later

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Very simple, we are simple people

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? A mixture of both

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? one for the first cake and three for the second

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No reception at the wedding, but the reception at home will be at my parents

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoors and outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'm letting my mom decide with just a few suggestions from us

17. How did/will the bride enter? Barefoot down the aisle on the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Addicted by Saving Able, its our song :)

19. Song to make your exit: Another One Bites the Dust, lol

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I didn't think I would again

24. Champagne or red wine? neither, keg

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? we are on our honeymoon when we get married!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new to me, specail to him

27. Who will pay for the bills? Since he pays most of the bills at home I always pay for vacations and special occassions....so its me but we do it together

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? for sure, for 3 years now and I love living together!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I never thought a relationship could be so wonderful. I know that it takes work but it doesn't feel like work, it is blissful. I am so thankful to be able to marry my soul mate. Marriage used to scare me and now I can't wait for it to be official!

1. How old are you? 31

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? not initially

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Ocho Rios, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 65

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my resort do their thing --- we choose a DW so we didn't have to stress over that stuff

17. How did/will the bride enter?  around a bend I guess

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: not sure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I didn't think I would ever get married

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few (my dad on the other hand is a different story)

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new to him / a second home to me- Jamaica!

27. Who will pay for the bills? togehter

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely - I think everyone is different...if our situation was different then I we proably would not have lived togther first.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? My FI is the best man that I have ever met. when I look at him I see love in his eyes!! LOVE HIM