Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 24

3. Do you have children? No, but we do have a pretty demanding and spoiled cat :)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Absolutely! I used to tell people I would before we even talked! (and I NEVER believed other people who said that before! hehe)

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach Wedding!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Grand Palladium Punta Cana, DR

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and Sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 15-20

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Very simple (Our guest list is limited to family)

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? FI wants to write his own, so that will probably be the way we go!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? I am not sure -- probably one as we do not have a lot of people.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? At one of the restaurants - I hope it is on the patio of an open-air restaurant.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Around 5:00pm - or as close to sunset as I can get and still have pictures taken! :)

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Prefer outdoors!

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am so easy with this stuff, whatever happens...happens!

17. How did/will the bride enter? I believe both of my parents will be walking me down!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I am not sure yet - FI is a DJ so I am leaving that up to him!

19. Song to make your exit: Again, his department!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light one

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 26

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Just family and 2 of my FI's best friends.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious.

24. Champagne or red wine? I love my red one, but for this day -- definitely Champagne!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We are moving to another resort the day after our Wedding to celebrate our honeymoon together! <3

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? It will be brand new and we are so excited!

27. Who will pay for the bills? We are very lucky to have my parents helping us out tremedously, for the other miscellaneous stuff we will be sharing the cost.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We moved in together after 8 months, and will have lived together for 3 years when we get married!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am counting down the days - I've waited for this day FOREVER, and I just can't wait to share it with the man I love with all my heart!! :) So excited.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? nope.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Nope, I dated him in middle school and of coarse wasnt thinkin of marriage then. When we reunited after 7 years I didnt even think we would date let alone get married! Boy was I wrong wink.gif

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? nope.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach wedding of coarse!!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Captiva Island, Florida.

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? over 100.

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? very simple.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional. Im not very creative.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Most likely 3 or 4.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? nope.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'm planning it every step of the way. Very stressful at times.

17. How did/will the bride enter? down a long wooded path onto the beach sand then down the aisle.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Well I wanted just here comes the bride, but I guess thats outdated, sadly sad.gif

19. Song to make your exit: dont know yet.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? I have no idea what this means haha.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? mid twenties.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone so noone felt left out.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Fine dining. It's costing us $180 per person for dinner!!!

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? a mini moon after the wedding at our resort then our big one in the winter.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new.

27. Who will pay for the bills? FI's mom is helping out tremendously with our wedding.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? we've lived together for 3 years now lol.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I'll let ya know as soon as Im married wink.gif

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? none of my own, but FI's son lives with us

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Hell NO! I've known him since high school and he was always that "safe" guy friend to hang with.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? nope.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach wedding has always been my dream

7. Where did you/will you get married? Puerto Morelos, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? who knows... maybe 30?

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? very simple.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional. I'm too shy to say what's in my heart in front of our guests

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Not thinking about it yet

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'm planning it but I don't care about the details.

17. How did/will the bride enter? uhhhh.... no idea. barefoot and dragging a huge dress

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: mariachis!

19. Song to make your exit: dont know yet.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? hope not, we're not solemn people!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? mid twenties.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? our closest friends and family

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? delish!

24. Champagne or red wine? bubbly!!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? we're staying 5 days after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new.

27. Who will pay for the bills? both of our parents

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? we've been living together for 2 years

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Can't wait!!!!

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes, we've been together since freshman year of college and I always knew he was the one

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? we are having a beach wedding, his idea but I love it

7. Where did you/will you get married? Negril, Jamiaca

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 20 people or less

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple wedding for a simple girl

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional, I like the idea of saying the same vows that so many others have said for hundreds of years

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? I don't and it doesn't really matter to me right now

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'm pretty laid back and a lot of the decisions can't be made until we get there. I definitely have a clear vision of what I want but I'm not deeply committed to every little thing.

17. How did/will the bride enter? barefoot, but I don't know what music will be playing yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: I don't know

19. Song to make your exit: I don't know

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? very light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I always thought I would be married at 25 and have a kid by now, but life didn't happen that way and I'm happy with the way things turned out

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? only family a couple close friends, we wanted it to be small and intimate

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simple and delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? definitely champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after, we are stying in Jamaica for 5 more days after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new, never been to Jamaica but always wanted to go

27. Who will pay for the bills? we will

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? we've been living together for 4 years already

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? We've been together for almost 9 years so I am excited that we are finally getting married :)

1. How old are you? 40

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 40

3. Do you have children? No - we are not "kid people"

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? No way - we went to high school together and FI found me 20 years later.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Yes - we both were

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach Wedding!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? In between.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? He wanted simple - it's become a bit more than that

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? It will be whatever the guys says - i have enough to think about.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? I believe it's 2.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? At one of the restaurants - an open air private restaurant

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4pm ceremony - sunset will be after

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Open air restaurant

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I haven't planned any extra decor - i'm hoping the restaurant will look good enough on it's own.

17. How did/will the bride enter? both of my parents will be walking me down!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Lullabye by the dixie chicks

19. Song to make your exit: Matt white - Love

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light one

21. At what age did you think you would get married? I didn't thnk too much about it

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? very select

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious.

24. Champagne or red wine? both

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after - everyone will leave a day or 2 after the wedding so we will be on our own!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? It will be special because we just got married there.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We are paying for everything.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We basically started living together after a week of dating....blush2.gif and got engaged in a month. We've been together for 18 months now with one month till the wedding!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? i wish it was today - i can't wait anymore!!!!!

1. How old are you? 32

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

3. Do you have children? None - FI has 2 (boy & girl)

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? absolutely

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? not sure yet.. probably classic waltz, FI and I are looking to take ballroom dance lessons this summer

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 16 and counting (probably end up with 25)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? hopefully 2 or 3, whatever the hotel provides

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? just before sunset (4pm) - need time to get in those pictures!!

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? at an open air restaurant on the beach - technically outdoors, with a roof

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? i'm going to let the WC plan most of the details

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the sand aisle

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Canon in D??

19. Song to make your exit: not sure yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light & casual

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? practically everyone ~ the more the merrier!

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? we are staying at the resort for 2 weeks.. hopefully the schedule will work out that we have a full week alone for our honeymoon after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? it's the only tropical place we've traveled to.. punta cana!

27. Who will pay for the bills? mostly me for the smaller items such as invites and OOT bags, the big ticket items will be 50/50

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It can take quite a while to find the right "one," but when you do, you just feel it.

1. How old are you?

2. At what age did you/will you get married?

3. Do you have children?

no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now?

100% (We only together 3 months 1 week and 1 day b4 we got engaged)

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach :-)

7. Where did you/will you get married?

Riu Palace Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?

Dont know yethuh.gif

9. How many guests did you/will you have?

As many as i can get to come.......

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?

simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own?

traditional... 4 now

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have?

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel?

no/yes!!!

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset?

just b4 sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors?

indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide?

let WC decide

17. How did/will the bride enter?

Hmmmmmm??

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:

Argh... dont know yethuh.gif??

19. Song to make your exit:

Argh... dont know yethuh.gif??

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one?

light

21. At what age did you think you would get married?

mid twenties

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few?

everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious?

simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine?

both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon?

right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - where we get married

27. Who will pay for the bills?

Joint

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage?

absolutely b4

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?

I just cant wait to do it :-)

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? I have a sweet little almost 2 year old daughter named Izzy and am pregnant with our second, due in July!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I had a crush on him when I was fifteen. Twelve years later when we "reconnected" on Facebook, I had visions of us being together forever.

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No. Not even close to being engaged before him!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach!!!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Varadero, Cuba. We think at Sirenis La Salina.

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 20-25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple, but beautiful.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We will write out own vows.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Don't know. I guess what the resort gives us!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? At a resort, on the beach.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Dont know yet. Probably mid-day or sunset.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I will let the WC decide on some stuff!

17. How did/will the bride enter? Looking fabulous. LOL. Just me and my Dad walking on the Beach.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

19. Song to make your exit: Haven't decided yet!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Pretty light. We are both funny, lighthearted people, so I can't imagine it being too heavy.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25...I'm glad I waited though!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Just immediate family and best friends.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? I dont drink either of those, but both will be available for guests. I will be poppin' back Mojitos!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? The week everyone leaves we will have our honeymoon!!!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Pretty brand new, but somewhere special. We will have our honeymoon at the same place as our wedding.

27. Who will pay for the bills? I am a stay at home mom, so he looks after most of the bills! My meager salary that I bring in from working from home helps a little bit!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely!! We moved in together a month after getting together.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to marry my best friend!

• 4 weeks later...

1. How old are you?

2. At what age did you/will you get married?

3. Do you have children?

No.

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now?

Not at first - we started datign when I was only 14!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now?

No.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding?

Ours was in the outside/garden chapel of an art museum... so it was a museum/chapel/garden wedding?

7. Where did you/will you get married?

Maitland, FL

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy?

It was slow, but it wasn't sexy... slow and romantic.

9. How many guests did you/will you have?

18, not including the bridal party (which made a count of 23)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding?

Simple.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own?

We wrote our own, and I wouldn't change it for the world! My mom cried when we read them.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have?

They're called tiers, and we had three... my husband insisted it looked better!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel?

No.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset?

It was early evening - the sun atcually set during our cake-cutting.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors?

Outdoors.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide?

I planned everything.

17. How did/will the bride enter?

I entered through the front of the chapel with my dad.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to:

"All I Ever Wanted" by Jim Brickman.

19. Song to make your exit:

"100 Years" by Five for Fighting.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one?

It was light-hearted, but still very reverant and spiritual.

21. At what age did you think you would get married?

28+

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few?

A select few.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious?

A little bit of both.

24. Champagne or red wine?

Neither - we had a dry wedding. Cider for the toast.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon?

Our honeymoon was two months after the wedding. (Saved us $1500!)

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both?

Brand new in the fact that it was a new ship I had never been on, and he had never been on a cruise at all!

27. Who will pay for the bills?

We pay everything together. While we pay major bills 50/50 and our individual bills separately, we help each other out if we turn up short for something.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage?

It is a personal choice, but for us, "absolutely"

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say?

There is nothing better than having someone to hold your hand and face the world with.

• 9 months later...

1. How old are you? 26
2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26
3. Do you have children? Not yet. Give us a year and change, lol.
4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Not at all. I don't mean it in a bad way either. I thought I'd marry my ex, lol. My FI thought he was marrying his ex, lol.
5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No ma'am...or sir?
6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach of course. God is everywhere.
7. Where did you/will you get married? Nuevo Vallarta, MX at the Grand Velas Vallarta Resort and Spa! Whoo-hoo!
8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow and sexy. I'm working on choreographing a rhumba.
9. How many guests did you/will you have? About 25.
10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple in some ways, but extravagant in others. Like, the ceremony and guest list are pretty simple, but the hotel and reception aren't.
11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? A mix.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Not sure. The pic I sent them has 3, but I'm game for 2. Whatever brings the costs down!
13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yep, on the beach. Best of both worlds.
14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset. It's always good to be cooler on the beach in June!
15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors on the beach.
16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Both. I plan, they execute.
17. How did/will the bride enter? Down the aisle on my daddy's arm.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: "When I Found You" by BeBe Winans so far.
19. Song to make your exit: Hmm...gotta get on that one.
20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Solemn
21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24
22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Only a select few. Gotta have people who know you and will hold you accountable.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Porqué no los dos?
24. Champagne or red wine? Neither. Hate alcohol...Give the girl some juice!
25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Awhile after.
26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Some place brand new!
27. Who will pay for the bills? Both of us.
28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Not before. Have faith in who God's chosen for you.
29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It's forever.