Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? You bet! That's a story in itself :)

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach gazebo

7. Where did you/will you get married? Cabo San Lucas

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 30

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? somewhere in the middle

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? It will be at the terrace of a restaurant..so I'd consider that outdoors.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Planned it myself

17. How did/will the bride enter? onto an isle overlooking the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: Not sure yet, and I better get on it!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? a select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? awhile after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? He likes to pay, but I try!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to be Mr.Hockey..only 28 more days!!!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Default Your Marriage in 29 Questions

1. How old are you?32

2. At what age did you/will you get married? I'll be 33

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I hoped, but it's been a long crazy road

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? either Mexico or Dominican Republic

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? neither of us are really dancers so who knows what will happen

9. How many guests did you/will you have? between 35-45

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? we're thinking traditional for our private ceremony, but symbolic for our DW

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? would rather have cupcakes so I don't know.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? a AI resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? either midday or for sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? I'd love to have it outdoors but with a covered option, but we'll see

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? not sure yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: tossing around a few ideas

19. Song to make your exit: I have one I like, but haven't told FI yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? never really thought about it

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? just close family and closest friends to DW possible AHR later

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? we just want really yummy food

24. Champagne or red wine? prefer red

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? depends, we're looking at mid December so we'd like to do it right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? we're hoping brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? it's all on us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? for a year and a half now, over 2 years by the time the wedding arrives

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? We choice DW because of costs in Chicago and because we were hoping for less stress, but trying to decide on the perfect resort for us and our family is making me crazy.

1. How old are you? 31

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 33

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yup. At first sight. Weird, I wasn't interested, but looked at him and consulted myself as if I was talking to someone else: "That's your husband, what do you think?"

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes, oy vey, what a disaster.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Atheist, so not particular on the location. Would consider a church if it was beautiful and they were OK w/ an atheist being married there. As long as the location is beautiful and grand. Mother nature seems to be good at grand.

7. Where did you/will you get married? huh.gif Would LOVE San Miguel, but might be NJ. That's OK too though, we found a good spot.

8. First dance - no idea, neither of us know how, so we'll take lessons. It should be fun.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 60+ if DW, 120+ if NJ

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple in my eyes, but I suppose that's relative.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We'll make them, we are very casual with a good sense of humor, there are no boundaries.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 0. F the cake. Do you recall the last slice of wedding cake you had? Maybe cupcakes, maybe something outlandish like Pop Rocks and Vodka.

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? No, please no! (sorry)

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset. Sunrise is private and midday is mundane.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Hopefully both, open air. A couple must prep for rain. I love rain and would love to eat, drink and dance in it, but my guests prefer to keep dry and I respect that.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Hmmm...Do I trust this "someone else"...depends on how things work out.

17. How did/will the bride enter? with my dad

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Superfreak. j/k...maybe

19. Song to make your exit: It's good to be a gangsta. j/k...maybe, haven't thought of it yet.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light, way light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Never considered it.

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? my side, a select few; his side, everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Hmmm....being that most "fine-dining" at the weddings I've been too was CRAP....simply delicious, upscale BBQ.

24. Champagne or red wine? Is this a funny? Seriously? Both, at least!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? probably awhile after, Africa.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new to both and special to me now and him after.

27. Who will pay for the bills? He has a paying job, I'm back in school for a 2nd BA...

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely, we've seen the bad, good and ugly.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? You know you've found the right one when he gives up his side of the bed so you can squish into that one spot in his armpit (facing the TV) where you can fall asleep when you have insomnia. Really? Ich liebe meine teddybar.

blush2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Absolutely! Although truthfully I knew that he wanted to marry me the day we met...I did take a little longer to recognize the love we have!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? No thank goodness!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach for sure!

7. Where did you/will you get married? We're getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana. Many friends have travelled there and everybody has loved it! We didn't really think overly hard about the resort decision...just picked one!

8. First dance - We're starting off to Eternal Flame then mixing it up with a Rock the Reception dance including songs by Justin Timberlake, Apache, Spirit of the West, and a few more.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? So far 45 have confirmed but we are expecting a few more last minute...gotta love the last minute guests :)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple...that's the reason we chose a DW but I am really enjoying the wedding planning!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We're writing our own...my parents did that and I think that they will be extra special that way!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? No idea...I think it's a 3 layer?!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? All Inclusive Resort...can't wait!

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Midday...it's all that we could get...although with island time it may get pushed back!

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Reception will be inside...it will be July in the Dominican so I'm sure everyone will be in need of Air Conditioning!

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I'm really trying to not plan absolutely everything. I'm focusing on the outfits, the welcome bags and the plan of attack (speeches, fun games, and the ceremony) I'll be leaving decor to the resort professionals...I'm trying to at least!

17. How did/will the bride enter? With both of my parents...I really wanted my mom to be included as well. I know I'll be a wreck! Might need two people to hold me up!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Here Comes the Sun will be the entrance song for my girls and All you Need is Love by the Beatles is my song!

19. Song to make your exit: Highland Cathedral...it's a bag pipes tune...requested by my FI and I thought why not? I love that he's interested and wants to make it our day!

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light One with Sand Ceremony

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Didn't really think of it growing up...now seems like a great age!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone close to us!

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious for sure! We've chose BBQ chicken and caesar salad!

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne for sure!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We're heading to Virgina Beach for a week in the summer. My parents gave us their timeshare points. Our trip will be in August!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand New to both!

27. Who will pay for the bills? We split them up equally

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? We've lived together for 6 years...just bought our first house this summer! I highly recommend it!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to be married to my FI. I love him so much and he loves me! Our love has grown so much over the last few years...it's wonderful to share life with my best friend!

1. How old are you? 27

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 28

3. Do you have children? cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? No way - he was supposed to be my rebound guy!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Yes - see above voodoo.gif

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach beach beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Captiva Island, FL

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Not sure yet

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 50-ish?

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple, for sure

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Hopefully writing our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? No idea!

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Not exactly. On the grounds of the resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Planning EVERY detail - I'm OCD like that :)

17. How did/will the bride enter? Not sure yet!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Undecided

19. Song to make your exit: Undecided

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24 - oops rolleyes.gif

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? in between

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Probably pretty soon after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Haven't gotten that one figured out yet..

27. Who will pay for the bills? It's all communal. Everything is pretty much 50/50

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Lived together for 2.5 yrs now...it works for us, but I definitely never thought I would do it!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It's about time?! lol woot2.gif

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? absolutely

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Legal - Victoria, BC, Civil - Los Cabos, Mexico

9. How many guests did you/will you have? hopefully 25-40

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? plan every detail - I like to be involved in everything!

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the stairs and onto the beach

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Air on G

19. Song to make your exit: In my Life - Beatles

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 23

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? a while after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new - Italy/Greece

27. Who will pay for the bills? FI and I

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Can't wait!

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? not at first as we were 16 when we started dating, but it didn't take me too long to realize that he was my forever

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? tropical gaezbo/garden wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Punta Cana

8. First dance - Lifehouse - Everything

9. How many guests did you/will you have? hopefully 20-35

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple, non-traditional

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Something short and sweet

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid-day

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? plan every detail - no surprises

17. How did/will the bride enter? down the isle to the gazebo and my gorgeous future husband

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: traditional/haven't yet decided

19. Song to make your exit: haven't yet decided either

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? very light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 26

24. Champagne or red wine? all of the above + more =)

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right after the wedding

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? FI and I

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before marriage

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Nothing more I can say. Marrying your best friend is all a girl can really asked for!

1. How old are you? 22

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

3. Do you have children? no just our puppy

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? since the moment he walked in the door and we introduced ourselves

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? always wanted a beach wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Lahaina,Maui, Hawaii

9. How many guests did you/will you have? invited 50 are assuming there will be between 20-30 guests

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? small and simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? a traditional hawaiian ceremony with our own written vows thrown in the mix

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 for hawaii and 3 for are at home reception

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? nope

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? plan everything myself and then tell my WC what i want

17. How did/will the bride enter? down stairs and onto the lawn

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: hawaiian love song

19. Song to make your exit: somewhere over the rainbow by israel k

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25 or 26

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? some place special Hawaii

27. Who will pay for the bills? he pays for rent and bills while im finishing nursing school then i will help pay

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I have the best fiance and future husband in the world i couldnt ask for more

1. How old are you? 23

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 23

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now?Honestly, not right away (Didn't even want a boyfriend because I was leaving at the end of the summer) but after a year or so, I knew there was no letting go of this one!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope, and never wanted to be until him

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach all the way!

7. Where did you/will you get married? We're getting married at the Riu Palace Riveria Maya on 12/20/10...CANT WAIT!!!

8. First dance - We're still deciding, never had "a song" and there are so many good love songs that remind us of each other

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Expecting around 30 or so for the destination wedding and more people to help us celebrate at our AHR (hopefully around 150-200)

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple, we are both more simple type of people and we really just want to the end product (being married :):))

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We're writing our own...

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? Not sure yet

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? All Inclusive Resort in Mexico :)

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? between midday and sunset... we wanted to get a few pictures after the ceremony but also didn't want to have the wedding to early

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Actual Reception- Hoping to find a way to do it outside, but not sure with how the resort will accommodate yet. AHR- indoor since its up north in March

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Like I said, we are trying to stay more on the simple side. Of course there are lots of decisions on our part, but not planning all the details!

17. How did/will the bride enter? Both of my parents!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Still deciding, might do the marchi band and then I might just let them go with what they normally do!

19. Song to make your exit: See 18

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Sand Ceremony

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Around this age, maybe a tad older

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select few, we want everyone close to us there!

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious :)

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne, love red wine... but this is a day to celebrate!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Sort of right after but we will have family there still, so probably a while after we'll do a second honeymoon :)

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand New, we love going new places together!

27. Who will pay for the bills? Well right now my FI because my schooling doesn't allow me to work much, but in general we'll split them!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Would have loved to before marriage, but we were long distance for the first 2 1/2 years and then with grad school it was a better financial move for me to move home then live with FI, then we can get the house of our dreams after with the money I've saved wink.gif

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I cannot wait to be married to my FI, he is the best thing to have happened to me! I cannot wait to share my life with someone I love so much and who loves me soo much!

1. How old are you? 29

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

3. Do you have children? yes 1 amazing little boy!!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I sure did!!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Rivieria Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy then fast and spicy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 35-45

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? we will be making up our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 3

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? hopefully on the beach

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? let my WC decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? not sure yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Here I Stand by Usher

19. Song to make your exit: not sure

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light one

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

24. Champagne or red wine? who knows

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away

27. Who will pay for the bills? split the bills

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? we are living together now

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I am sooooooo looking forward to be officially married!!!