Your Marriage in 29 Questions

starchild

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

3. Do you have children? nope

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? not from the very beginning, but I knew from about three weeks in!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? The Warwick Resort and Spa, Fiji

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? I'm lucky that a first dance is still up for discussion! FI is the worst dancer! I think shuffling and awkward will be our style :)

9. How many guests did you/will you have? From 60-80

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? It was supposed to be simple but we are crashing towards extravangant!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Our own

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? something very simple

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? yes

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? late afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? indoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? eek, I was hoping that it would be the let someone else decide, but I think i'm going to end up planning every detail!

17. How did/will the bride enter? through an arch in the garden

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Lucky I'm in love with my best friend - Jason Mraz

19. Song to make your exit: dont know yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? pretty light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 25

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? almost everyone

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious and a tonne of it!

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? mini honey moon for 3 days straight after the wedding, but a safari in Africa as a proper honeymoon when we can get the time off and the money!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? NEW

27. Who will pay for the bills? split in thirds between his parents, my parents and us!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I wish it was closer already!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How old are you? 27 (and 2 days!)

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 27

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? after the first month, yes

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? no

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow, i'm more than happy with the side step shuffle!!

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 34

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple (but stressful to plan!)

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? whatever the resort tells us to say, :o)

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? again...whatever the resort give us

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? it will be on a terrace at the resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? late afternoon (4pm)

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors (weather permitting!)

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? eek, I was hoping that it would could let someone else decide, but sadly there was nobody willing to make those decisions for me!

17. How did/will the bride enter? em....just walk up? Not sure i understand that question

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Pachabels Canon in D

19. Song to make your exit: Jason Mraz "I'm Yours"

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? guess we'll find out on the 25th!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? definitely older than i am now

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? only immediate family and dearest friends

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? whatever the resort offers, I hope it's delicious!

24. Champagne or red wine? both! - Well said!!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after the wedding. A night in Miami followed by 7 blissful nights in Costa Rica - YAY!

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? NEW

27. Who will pay for the bills? My parents are paying for the wedding and we're paying for the honeymoon

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Not before our "legal" marriage which was April 15th 2009

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I adore being married - i just really want our wedding now!!

1. How old are you? 26

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? No

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes, we had an instant connection!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? Nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Beach Wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Negril, Jamaica

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Slow & Sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 15

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Simple, Simple, Simple!!!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? Both, we need to add our flair, but love tradition.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? We are doing everything at the resort

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Outdoors for cocktails, then we'll move inside

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am doing everything, such a control freak! LOL

17. How did/will the bride enter? Not sure yet

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Traditional "Here Comes the Bride"

19. Song to make your exit: I don't know yet

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light, we couldn't be any different!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? A few, we wanted something intimate

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? I don't know yet, my FI doesn't drink and I only like girly drinks, so maybe we'll get a signature cocktail

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We will stay at the resort for a few days after, but so will our family and friends, so we take take a "real" honeymoon later.

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Undecided

27. Who will pay for the bills? 50/50

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? Absolutely!!!

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to start it!!!!

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 25

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? It was about 3 months after we were dating when I knew (or at least hoped!)

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? nope

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? always wanted a beach wedding!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Aventura Cove Palace, Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - Jack Johnson's "Better Together"

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 17

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Small and simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional. Too much pressure to make them up!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? It was just one.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Our ceremony was at 6 PM...the sun set around 7 that day.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors, over the ocean

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am sort of a control freak, so I wouldn't let anyone else plan...I'm also laid back so I didn't plan all the way down to the napkins though. It was a simple wedding.

17. How did/will the bride enter? I walked! Down some steps and into the gazebo.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Canon in D

19. Song to make your exit: Jason Mraz "I'm Yours"

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Between 25 and 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? somewhere in the middle. It wasn't real fine dining. I would say simply delicious but I don't remember if it was delicious or not.

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne and white wine

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? We spent 10 days in Mexico so that was our honeymoon. We only really had 3 days alone though...maybe taking an anniversary trip this summer?

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Mexico was where we got engaged so it was only natural to get married there when we decided we wanted a destination wedding.

27. Who will pay for the bills? Us

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? I told him I wouldn't marry him unless we lived together first! I needed to know we could handle each other :)

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? It's work. But you work hard and play harder!

1. How old are you? 28

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 29

3. Do you have children? no

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Not when I first met him, but I've thought about it for quite some time now.

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? It's always been the beach- that's why we're here, right?

7. Where did you/will you get married? Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort, Riviera Maya Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? Not sure yet. I am not sure about everyone watching me dance-I am hoping to have everyone share or first dance with us.

9. How many guests did you/will you have? We invited everyone and the RSVPs are trickling in. Everyone seems to want to come so we will see. Best guess is 40-50.

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? I am hoping for simple, but there is still 5 months to go crazy- I hope I don't.

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We are doing a legal ceremony so there is some traditional aspect to it- but fiance really wants to do at least some part talking on our own- we have to figure out how it works.

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? I could care less, whatever is cheapest at the resort (I don't like wedding cake)

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 5:00pm but the sun probably won't set for a few hours after that in the summer in Mexico.

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? I am hoping for outdoors- please don't rain.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I am trying not to go crazy. I promised myself I wouldn't but it is so so so easy to get caught up in the little details.

17. How did/will the bride enter? not sure yet, I'm hoping just to appear- I am not great with so much attention on me.

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Oh no- another detail to obsess about.

19. Song to make your exit: And another.

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? I am hoping for light.

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Everyone is invited whomever can come can come.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious- we do not have refined palates. I am still trying to find a way to serve cheeseburgers at the wedding.

24. Champagne or red wine? whatever they've got.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? not sure yet- another thing that needs to be planned. Probably within a week or two.

27. Who will pay for the bills? We will- less cooks in the kitchen.

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before marriage- we are going on 5 years living together. I don't think I could have handled the stress of moving in together and being newly married.

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Remember why you are doing this when freaking out about napkins and invitation fonts.

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 30

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Yes, we were friends at first but knew there was something between us...

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes, but young and dumb... no offense to young ones on here but I'm a late bloomer (getting married young is not for everyone)

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach/ gazeboo wedding

7. Where did you/will you get married? Aventura Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - slow

9. How many guests did you/will you have? we should have btw 20 to 30 people...

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? I'm simple and dont like a lot of fuss... simple wedding!

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? definitely own vows, more meaningful

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 1 or 2 depending on size of party... not a big deal to me

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? mid-day at 3pm in the afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? cocktail reception on the terrace outside; dinner outside or inside... still working on.

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Have someone else decide... it's a resort and vacation... it will be great either way!

17. How did/will the bride enter? with my dad

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: The Over the Rainbow, beach version... I think

19. Song to make your exit: The Beattles... All you need is love

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light one

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Not sure, maybe before 30 but oh well... rather marry the right person than just get married by a certain time or age...

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? If you want to come, you are invited!!!!

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? A little bit of both

24. Champagne or red wine? both!

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Right after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new to us both; but we did get engaged in Mexico (Cozumel)

27. Who will pay for the bills? both of us

28. Living together: already do; just bought a home together

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I AM READY!

1. How old are you? 30

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 31

3. Do you have children? 2

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? God NO its a complete surprise

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? yes engaged

7. Where did you/will you get married? Nassau, Bahamas

8. First dance - upbeat--we like to party

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 40 guest

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2 layer

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? no on cruise ship

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? sunset 5:00 pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? cocktail reception on the terrace outside; dinner outside or inside... cruise ship

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? they decide

17. How did/will the bride enter? dad

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: stevie wonder signed sealed delivered

19. Song to make your exit: cheering on our guest

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Real light we are adapting the island rule no worries

21. At what age did you think you would get married? before 30 missed it by 2 1/2 months

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? select few

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? fine dining our wedding is on Captians night

24. Champagne or red wine? Liquore

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? 3days after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? brnad new

27. Who will pay for the bills? we pay the bills

28. Living together: live together

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? it won't be long now

1. How old are you? 30

3. Do you have children? not yet

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? Oh my gosh, no. The first time I talked to him I thought he was such a nerd!

5. Were you ever engaged or married to someone other than the person you are with now? I was sort of engaged, but I don't really count it because my "fiance" exchanged my ring after about 2 weeks and then cheated on me. What!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? Tropical garden

7. Where did you/will you get married? Will be in Hawaii

8. First dance - Haven't had it yet, so I'm not sure. :)

9. How many guests did you/will you have? Around 25

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? Very simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? We're unsure of this

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? For our AHR probably 2 - or cupcakes

13. Is/was your wedding/reception at a hotel? Neither, no.

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? Sunset

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? Indoor reception

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? Let them do it!

17. How did/will the bride enter? With Dad

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: Not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: Also not sure

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? Light and fun

21. At what age did you think you would get married? Heck, I thought I'd be married with kids by 27. Missed that mark!

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? Select few.

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? Something inbetween

24. Champagne or red wine? Pina Coladas cheesy.gif

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? Shortly after

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? Brand new

27. Who will pay for the bills? Us and my parents

28. Living together: live together

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? I can't wait to be in one!

1. How old are you? 31

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? I hoped so!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? at the beach but not on the beach

7. Where did you/will you get married? Riviera Maya, Mexico

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 22 adults 6 kids

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? our own of course!

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? 2

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? 4pm

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? both, on a thatch-roofed terrace

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? I want to have them do it for me but they keep making me make these decisions!! I could care less about such things.

17. How did/will the bride enter? hadn't thought about it

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: She by Elvis Costello

19. Song to make your exit: song by the Ali'i Luau

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? light

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 30ish

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? family only

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? simply delicious

24. Champagne or red wine? Champagne--yuck! White wine toast, red wine to follow.

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? right away and at the same place

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? new

27. Who will pay for the bills? both

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? well, we've been living together for almost 5 years now, so...

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? We are the perfect compliments of each other!

1. How old are you? 25

2. At what age did you/will you get married? 26

3. Do you have children? not yet!

4. Did you think you would marry the person you are with now? absolutely!

6. Do you want a garden wedding, beach wedding, or the traditional church wedding? beach!

7. Where did you/will you get married? Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa

8. First dance - classic waltz, slow and sexy, or fast and spicy? slow and sexy/fast and spicy.. ours is kind of in between. it's going to be lucky by jason mraz and colbie callait

9. How many guests did you/will you have? 31

10. Do you want/did you have an extravagant wedding or a simple wedding? simple but beautiful

11. Vows - traditional or something you make up on your own? traditional

12. How many layers of cake did you/will you have? however many the resort makes us! i hope at least 2

14. When did you/will you get married - sunrise, mid-day, sunset? late afternoon

15. Did you/will you have your reception outdoors or indoors? outdoors

16. Plan every detail down to the napkins or let someone else decide? plan it all

17. How did/will the bride enter? walk down an aisle covered in rose petals.. i hope!

18. Song to walk down the aisle to: carribean music trio.. not sure yet

19. Song to make your exit: dont know yet.. probably won't have one

20. Will you/did you have a solemn ceremony or a light one? hopefully bright and sunny!

21. At what age did you think you would get married? 24

22. Who to invite - practically everyone or a select few? everyone is welcome to come but only a few can since it's a destination wedding

23. Wedding menu - fine dining or simply delicious? both

24. Champagne or red wine? champagne

25. Honeymoon right after the wedding, awhile after the wedding, or no honeymoon? wedding and honeymoon all in one.. but i hope to do something on our own afterwards as well

26. Was your/will your honeymoon be at a place special to you both or somewhere brand new to you both? new

27. Who will pay for the bills? my fiance and I!

28. Living together: Not before marriage or absolutely before marriage? absolutely before.. already do and have for 4 years

29. Anything else about marriage you'd like to say? Can't wait to marry the man of my dreams!