Photo

Freaking out....just a bit.....

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 trisha0612

trisha0612
  • 491 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

Okay, so since I was in college I have been advised against the pill. (makes me absolutely crazy and had to see a therapist while on it) Anywho, me and FI have been very cautious about the whole baby ordeal. both of us know we are not mentally THERE yet. Well...this past month we were as cautious as a 5 year old around a pool....and now, I'm late! I know it's our fault, but I'm FREAKING OUT! I mean, I can't even remember the date of my last period exactly, and I am not 100% regular, but I dunno! I don't know what to do! I don't know what we would do! I'm so mad at myself for being so completely dumb about this ENTIRE situation! AHHHHHHHHH
    Travis & Trish
    10-10-08
    Tulum..uhh I mean Cancun, MX

#2 cessyboston

cessyboston
    • VIP Member
    • 2,096 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:31 AM

take a deep breath....what ever is meant to be wil be...you both are in love so it will be ok no matter what....but girl go take a test.......i know your scared but go get one...is there a 24 hour store near you..:) im up ill wait for the answer with you....lol...
      Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#3 Birdie07

Birdie07
      • 1,218 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:35 AM

I agree with Cessy...run to the drugstore and get a test. I stay up all night so if you need to talk I'm up. Everything will be fine. Many parents had unexpected pregnancies. Just take a deep breath. Let us know whats going on.

#4 Jessica

Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:42 AM

i wouldn't freak out until there is something to freak out about. take a test ASAP and then deal with it. don't get yourself worked up for something you aren't so sure about.

it'll be ok. i can understand if you aren't mentally ready and why you would freak out. but you have options so just try and stay calm for now.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:42 AM

i agree - take a deep breath, and take a test. don't stress about just yet. there are so many things that could make you late - you never know. get one of those First Response digital test - they're the easiest to deal w/and you don't have to judge any pink lines.

#6 Jenn

Jenn
            • 1,557 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:59 AM

Go to the store... otherwise you won't sleep. Please don't freak out until you know there is something to freak out about. Take a deep breath, get in the car, and let us know when you know something :)

#7 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
              • 1,798 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:12 AM

We LITERALLY just went through this yesterday!! I was even talking about moving the wedding date back---again. One thing that can cause you to be late is being stressed. Just take a test in the morning ( fresh pee) and then worry about what to do.

#8 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:36 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by StephanieMN
                  We LITERALLY just went through this yesterday!! I was even talking about moving the wedding date back---again. One thing that can cause you to be late is being stressed. Just take a test in the morning ( fresh pee) and then worry about what to do.
                  We also went through this a couple months ago. Turns out I was just SUPER stressed. A friend of mine recently gave me some advice "go get the test, then the period will come". Meaning, you could be so stressed that it is causing you not to get your period. Either way, we're here for you!!!! I know it is soooo stressful when you are NOT ready!!!!! Taking the test will help to give you something grounded to go on....

GOOD LUCK!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:07 AM

My period was late last month and I went from thinking a baby would be cool to thinking my life - as I knew it - was over. I freaked so I totally understand what you are going through. I know DH would be an awesome dad but I value my freedom so much right now. So I got my period and felt sad....sweet irony! Anyway, take a test, and if you are you are. You have a loving man and that's super important...just ask someone who gets pregnant by a man that runs. Keep us posted and you know we are here either way :o)

#10 Christine

Christine
                    • VIP Member
                    • 21,514 posts
                    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

Trisha, go get a test, and may I suggest getting the digital tests, the ones that actually show the words on them. They are so much more reassuring than the lines that may be faint or not.
                    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users