BDay Gift Ideas Needed For A 1 Yr Old Girl

~Melissa~

I need some help... big time. I've been looking and it seems everything is for ages 3 and up. She already has a ton of clothes and her Mom said to focus on toys...

I was thinking Play-Dough but then you can make it and perhaps that's a bit too young for that kind of stuff.

Any suggestions? thanks

There is a cute toy by Lamaza I think it looks like a bouquet of flowers and if you tap them they light up and make noise. Little People are also a big hit for 1 year olds. They have a farm set and the animals make sounds and have hair. I just bought it for my little cousin for Christmas. Books are a good item too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
For my neices 1st b-day, I got her a huge plush pony. Similar to this. Lying Pink Jumbo Horse - Animal Alley - Toys "R" Us - Toys 'R' Us - Toys "R" Us

I saw these before and I totally thought of her. It said that it was not recomended for kids under 3.. but maybe if I ask her Mom if it's ok.
I love this idea.
She is 4 now and still has it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
There is a cute toy by Lamaza I think it looks like a bouquet of flowers and if you tap them they light up and make noise. Little People are also a big hit for 1 year olds. They have a farm set and the animals make sounds and have hair. I just bought it for my little cousin for Christmas. Books are a good item too.
Hmm never heard if Lamaza. They hve a dog and I'm sure the dog would chew it up. She chews everything lol/ I had little people when I was a wee one! OMG I totally forgot about those sets. Those were so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieG View Post
At 1 my niece loved loved loved books, she still does. So maybe you could get some books. Also things that make noise and teach them the alphabet and counting. I can go look for specific things if you want :)
Good idea. We don't have many book stores around but I'm sure I could check out some department stores. I remember those hard cover books or pop out books were really popular.

Thanks girls.. I'm writing a list now. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBride View Post
I think play doh is age 2 and up plus parents don't usually find play doh that fun when they find it ground up in their carpet. You should be able to search sites like fisher price and hasbro for toys according to age. Soemthing like this would be good because she could ride to or walk around with it. Kids at this age love to push stuff around!

PLAYSKOOL BUSY BASICS STEP START WALK 'N RIDE - Product Detail

Here's some more. I love the kitchen set but it's kinda expensive.
Toys By Age - Browse & Find Fisher Price Toys By Age

She already has the walk n' ride. Actually that exact one. I would highly recomend it to anyone!! It totally got her up and walking when she was only 8 months old. I think that's early isn't it?

Finally a post in my expertise! Yes! I would recommend little people. My favorite is Noah's ark. It has the boat and then 2 of every animal. They also have a Christmas nativity though that would be more Christmas present. But they still have the little people farm and a pirate ship. I love little people they've changed since we were kids and more chewable. You can bang em and chew em and they don't get messed up. I would also recommend weebles ..you know "weebles wobbles but they don't fall down" they're by Playskool. Those are alot of fun too.

Books are a good choice. My favorite author is Sandra Boynton. Very cute books. OH almost forgot another one is the Sing and Go choo-choo amazing animals by fisher-price and you can get more animals to go with it. Well those are my ideas. I always go with non battery toys just simple ones so they can use their imagination. It seems when they have all these light up talk to me toys they get bored easier when they dont have something to entertain them cause they haven't learned to entertain themselves. Just personal opinion I guess. Sorry! Good Luck!

When my niece turned 1, I got her a ton of books... board books, sensory books, squishy books made out of fabric, anything I could find that was appropriate for 1 year olds! Mostly, I got them at Barnes & Noble; they had a great selection then (though now she's 4! eek!)

THis one is NEAT!: Barnes*&*Noble.com - Books: Monday the Bullfrog, by Matthew Van Fleet, Book and Toy, book & plush toy

some books listed as 'baby's first book': Barnes*&*Noble.com - Children's Books: My First Book & Games

Board books - Barnes*&*Noble.com Books - Board Book (Eric Carle books are very popular!)