Did you end up with the dress you wanted?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 mrsmark08

• 136 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:01 PM

My experience was like Kate's. I had seen pictures of things that I liked but had no idea how they would look on me. I knew for sure I didn't want a big poofy gown. For a DW i didn't want to try & carry a big 'ol dress on the plane. So I tried on all different styles, fabrics, necklines, etc. with the exception of big heavy gowns, and fell in love with a dress I tried on the very first day I went shopping. I kept looking to see if I could find anything I liked better and I never did. I went back and bought the original dress I had fallen in love with. So I got my dream dress...once I realized what my dream dress was gonna be.

#12 Spazz

• VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

I thought I had my "dream" dress, but now I keeping second guessing myself because I see so many that I love. I definitely bought it too soon; which my mom warned me not to do, but I loved it so much I had to have it. I do still love it, but wish I shopped around more.

#13 amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:38 PM

I pretty much did. I didn't get too excited about dresses in magazines since the only ones I kept tearing out were super pricey and knew I would never be able to afford one. I just knew I wanted something with lace and fitted, and thats what I found. I actuall wanted something with a sweetheart top and lower back, so once my dress arrives, I may alter it. If not, I'm still very happy with my dress.

#14 ncainey

• 159 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 01:14 AM

My dream dress is a Monique Lhullier and I would never have asked my parents to buy it nor could justify buying it myself. So after I came to this realization, I bought a dress which was pretty but way too formal for a beach wedding. I acted waaay too hasty. Luckily the bridal shop let me exchange it (since I bought the sample off the rack) and I went with a more "beachy" dress. It's still not my dream dress but I'm praying once it's altered and I'm all done up, I will love it too. DOn't get me wrong, it's a gorgeous Pronovias dress and pretty unique but that damn Monique dress keeps haunting me!!

P.S. I did not like me dress at all on the rack but it looks MUCH different on, so try on a bunch even if you don't think it will look good on you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users