How long did YOU wait?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

I was not very into it. I was engaged in mid march of this year and finally started shopping at the end of October. I can't make up my mind and I still haven't found one. I am getting married end of may 2008 so I need to do it quick but with my crazy finals, I probably won't get it until last week dec or fist week jan...and hope it has enough time to get here!!

#12 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:01 PM

I was not very into it. I was engaged in mid march of this year and finally started shopping at the end of October. I can't make up my mind and I still haven't found one. I am getting married end of may 2008 so I need to do it quick but with my crazy finals, I probably won't get it until last week dec or fist week jan...and hope it has enough time to get here!!

#13 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:07 PM

I went almost immediately....I think about 2-3 weeks after our engagement. Partly out of excitement, partly because I had to - our engagement was only 7 months total. I didn't know how long I would have to shop before I found "the one" and I didn't want to wait too long and have to pay rush charges etc.

#14 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:15 PM

I went dress shopping about 3 months after getting engaged. I found my dress in the first store and I ended up buying it like 7 months later.

#15 mrsmark08

mrsmark08
          • 136 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

i got engaged in june of this year and went dress shopping for the first time in august. i waited to actually order the dress until just two weeks ago though. i wanted to give it AT LEAST six months just to make sure i had enough time for alterations and not have to pay a rush free. I didn't want to stress about it possibly not getting here on time.

#16 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

I got engaged last December and waited til this August to try dresses. I too felt as though I wanted to loose weight (I have yet to step in the gym) and I didn't want to "fall in love" with a dress too soon then change my mind later. I went to about 5 stores (but went back 3 times to try on the dress I ended up ordering).

#17 Leticia

Leticia
              • 259 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:02 AM

we are having a long engagement. he proposed june/06, we are not getting married until may/08,so i waited just over a year. started in september, got a feel for what i liked. got my dress last month nov/07.
                trying on dresses gave me modivation for wanting to look amazing on my wedding day. maybe for you too.
                i say go now, the search maybe take a while and you don't seem to have too much time to spare.

#18 1elephant

1elephant
                • VIP Member
                • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:48 AM

i went a few weeks after getting engaged - like 2-3 weeks, i think. but our engagement will only be 8 months. the dress took about 4-5 months to come in.

i say start shopping now, only so you don't panic later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users