What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#791 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
  • Site Supporter
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

I recently heard Brown Eyes by Destiny's Child, I really like the way the song goes. I can only imagine that way it will feel to dance in his arms for the first time as his wife!

Terricca and JeVon ~~Reverse Destination from Bermuda to Atlanta, Georgia~~ July 18th 2012

#792 jmastr05

jmastr05
    • 189 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

We didn't have a song either. One rainy Friday night, we surfed the internet for first dance songs and came up with our choice that way. I had posted this earlier in the thread, but we went with "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional.

On a side note... My mom LOVES the song now! She cries every time she hears it. It's not really on the radio, but she'll bring up the video on Youtube. She also texts us random lines from the song at random times. She's such a (sweet) freak!

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

So, I had been struggling with this decision for a while. We don't really have "a" song that we could automatically choose.

There was a song that always made us smile when we first started dating, but It kind of lame, and I really didn't want it as our first song.

Well,...FI choose "our" song and it's perfect! God Gave me You - Blake Sheldon. We both love Blake and song is perfect to be "ours" for all the years to come!

#793 Janet1480

Janet1480
      • 709 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:32 PM

Thats so adorable :)

Originally Posted by jmastr05 

We didn't have a song either. One rainy Friday night, we surfed the internet for first dance songs and came up with our choice that way. I had posted this earlier in the thread, but we went with "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional.

On a side note... My mom LOVES the song now! She cries every time she hears it. It's not really on the radio, but she'll bring up the video on Youtube. She also texts us random lines from the song at random times. She's such a (sweet) freak!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#794 JMikla

JMikla
        • 189 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

I love "stolen" great pick! :)

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
          70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#795 Allie2012

Allie2012
          • 194 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

I had my first dance song picked out long before I had a groom picked out! I love, love, love the acoustic version of Collide by Howie Day and it will for sure be our song. If you listen to it make sure it's the acoustic version as the original version is actually kind of annoying!

#796 Jber713

Jber713
            • 179 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

Our song will be "Two is better than one" by Boys Like Girls... I LOVE that song!

Jen

#797 AwayDC

AwayDC
              • 155 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

Haven't heard that song in forever - what a great pick!

#798 lucy<3woody

lucy<3woody
                • 166 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:34 PM

Colorful by Steelheart. It is pretty non-traditional, but so are we :)

This is the song at the end of the movie 'Rockstar' with Mark Wahlberg from the early 2000s. We both loved the movie before we ever met each other and knew this would be our first dance song long before we were engaged.

Since most people probably haven't heard it before, here is the link if you want to listen to it:

(I think we will be using a more acoustic version)

BTW I will be walking down the aisle to Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World.

This thread is making me sooooo excited!! 01/28/2012

#799 ctracey1785

ctracey1785
                  • Banned
                  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:38 AM

Love this song..great pick..its in our top picks as well!!

Originally Posted by leenancy 

ZBB is my FI's favorite band and we both love country. So we're doing "Free" by Zac Brown Band.

#800 SS2012

SS2012
                    • 180 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

my fiance picked our first dance song: crazy love re-done by michael buble! he's been set on the song since the beginning and i tried to find other songs, i researched the internet, listened on youtube, etc and that song just kept creeping back into my mind. so i knew it was the song we were going to dance to as husband and wife :) i cant wait!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users