Jump to content

Photo

What's your first dance song?


  • Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#771 jmastr05

jmastr05
  • Jr. Member
  • 189 posts

    Posted 17 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

    "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional. (I posted it earlier in the thread, but this topic is so popular that it's hard to follow each girl's responses.) We went through a punk/emo phase a while ago and went to a couple Dashboard Confessional concerts. "Stolen" is toned down enough to be a little more mainstream (not as whiny as typical emo), and we like the lyrics.

     

    I WOULD have liked to see my family's reactions to "Sexy [Chick]" vows though! I think my MIL would have fainted. She's very home-maker-ish. (I'm snickering again - it never fails!)



    #772 countrybride

    countrybride
    • Newbie
    • 40 posts

      Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:43 AM


      You know you should go for it! It will definitly leave a lasting memory!
       

      Originally Posted by jmastr05 

      "Stolen" by Dashboard Confessional. (I posted it earlier in the thread, but this topic is so popular that it's hard to follow each girl's responses.) We went through a punk/emo phase a while ago and went to a couple Dashboard Confessional concerts. "Stolen" is toned down enough to be a little more mainstream (not as whiny as typical emo), and we like the lyrics.

       

      I WOULD have liked to see my family's reactions to "Sexy [Chick]" vows though! I think my MIL would have fainted. She's very home-maker-ish. (I'm snickering again - it never fails!)



       



      #773 meBonidie2be

      meBonidie2be
      • Jr. Member
      • 402 posts

        Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

        We are thinking Adele....Make you feel my love. I wanted to take some of the words from the song an incorporate them into my vows.

        I cannot hear this song now without crying!



        #774 jmastr05

        jmastr05
        • Jr. Member
        • 189 posts

          Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

          Ooo... I like the idea of tying together 2 parts of the wedding that way!

           

          Originally Posted by meBonidie2be 

          We are thinking Adele....Make you feel my love. I wanted to take some of the words from the song an incorporate them into my vows.

          I cannot hear this song now without crying!



           



          #775 meBonidie2be

          meBonidie2be
          • Jr. Member
          • 402 posts

            Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:02 PM



            Originally Posted by jmastr05 

            Ooo... I like the idea of tying together 2 parts of the wedding that way!

             



             



            Thanks! I was even thinking about trying to sneak his ring away and have "for a million years" engraved inside. Originally I was thinking "through the test of time" but this seems to fit better.

             



            #776 jlarruda

            jlarruda
            • Jr. Member
            • 201 posts

              Posted 21 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

              Zac Brown Band - Free.  Theres a line that says "we'll end up hand in hand, somewhere down on the sand, just me & you" which I put on our wedding website and invitations :)



              #777 FabiLara

              FabiLara
              • Jr. Member
              • 172 posts

                Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

                Zac Brown Band is great...good choice! :)



                #778 Aruba Bride

                Aruba Bride
                • Jr. Member
                • 170 posts

                  Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

                  That's so cute! Great choice!
                   

                  Originally Posted by jlarruda 

                  Zac Brown Band - Free.  Theres a line that says "we'll end up hand in hand, somewhere down on the sand, just me & you" which I put on our wedding website and invitations :)



                   



                  #779 Peach

                  Peach
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,293 posts

                    Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

                    What an awesome idea!
                     

                    Originally Posted by jlarruda 

                    Zac Brown Band - Free.  Theres a line that says "we'll end up hand in hand, somewhere down on the sand, just me & you" which I put on our wedding website and invitations :)



                    Now we are thinking Can You Feel the Love Tonight..... I am such a Disney nerd, I would love it to be incorporated. :)



                    #780 jmastr05

                    jmastr05
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 189 posts

                      Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:23 PM

                      Are you thinking the movie version or the Elton John version? Both are pretty.

                       

                      Originally Posted by Peach 

                      What an awesome idea!
                       



                      Now we are thinking Can You Feel the Love Tonight..... I am such a Disney nerd, I would love it to be incorporated. :)



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users