Jump to content

Photo

What's your first dance song?


  • Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#751 Janet1480

Janet1480
  • Member
  • 709 posts

    Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:16 PM


    I agree with you both, its not about uniqueness to my guests or anyone else but more to myself really :) but at the end of the day Better Together is what i feel would be more appropriate but i have to find a compromise with FI...i'm just stubborn. I love the song Marry Me by Train but it doesnt have any "meaning" to Fi and I, if that makes sense and for my ceremony where i am going to express my love to him forever and him to me i thought that was where our song belonged. But thats just me. I dont think there is a right or wrong :) I'm not writing it off yet i just think there are other options for me

    We recently switched our first dance song from Allison Krauss's "When you say nothing at all" to Kenny Chesney's "Me and You".  I am not a country fan, but when my fiance played that song for me I really liked it....and it is about the right "pace" for a first dance song.

     

    Another option I liked was Keith Urban's "Memories of Us" - which I think will be the last song we play while seating guests before the mothers get seated.  So in a sense it will be the song my fiance walks in with.

     

    Janet1480 - I will be walking in to Train's "Marry Me".  I am sure it is not original and I am sure the resort staff have heard it a thousand times, but remember that unless your guests attend a lot of destination weddings they probably haven't heard it used (I have never heard a pop song played at a church wedding).  For me it is about what I like and what will be played on our wedding video, not what my guests think is unique.



     



    Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


    I so agree!!! I am so in love with walking in to Train Marry Me I don't care what anyone thinks!!!! It makes me happy and that's what matters!!!!!  I am sure it'll make FI happy too lol



     



     


    Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


    #752 Janet1480

    Janet1480
    • Member
    • 709 posts

      Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

      and sorry if i was insulting anyone....i was strictly speaking for myself and my own wedding day. I wasnt trying to put anyone else's choices down.


      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


      #753 torilynnsmith

      torilynnsmith
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,748 posts

        Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:24 PM


        Not to worry!!! I knew what you meant!!! I started to think Calla Lillies were over done (which is probably true) but I still love them and it is what I pictured so I think I am just going to go for it!  Everyone knows what is right for them and thats what is important!

        Originally Posted by Janet1480 

        and sorry if i was insulting anyone....i was strictly speaking for myself and my own wedding day. I wasnt trying to put anyone else's choices down.



         



        #754 Janet1480

        Janet1480
        • Member
        • 709 posts

          Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:37 PM


          I'm sure if we add everything up, its ALL overdone....LOL dresses, hair styles, cake, color choices ....there are always trends. I dont hate anything i just want my wedding to reflect and be unique to me and Fi :) I love Calla's as well...they always look so nice in pics too! I dont have my flowers designed yet...waiting for the designer to send me the sketches (cant wait) still so much to do and less then 3 months to go
           

          Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 


          Not to worry!!! I knew what you meant!!! I started to think Calla Lillies were over done (which is probably true) but I still love them and it is what I pictured so I think I am just going to go for it!  Everyone knows what is right for them and thats what is important!



           



           


          Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


          #755 FabiLara

          FabiLara
          • Jr. Member
          • 172 posts

            Posted 03 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

            Well, that's true..almost everything is overdone - but then again, how many people at your ceremony and reception are gonna be obsessed about wedding related stuff? It's overdone for us because we're very much into it now. :) Don't sweat it...
             

            Originally Posted by Janet1480 


            I'm sure if we add everything up, its ALL overdone....LOL dresses, hair styles, cake, color choices ....there are always trends. I dont hate anything i just want my wedding to reflect and be unique to me and Fi :) I love Calla's as well...they always look so nice in pics too! I dont have my flowers designed yet...waiting for the designer to send me the sketches (cant wait) still so much to do and less then 3 months to go
             



             



             



            #756 janineg

            janineg
            • Newbie
            • 21 posts

              Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

              Our first dance song is you've got a way with me by Shania Twain and I'm still deciding on the ceremony songs, I'd like to incorporate Valentine by Kina Grannis and Kiss the Girl from little mermaid I LOVE that idea!



              #757 FabiLara

              FabiLara
              • Jr. Member
              • 172 posts

                Posted 03 August 2011 - 02:14 PM



                Originally Posted by janineg 

                Our first dance song is you've got a way with me by Shania Twain and I'm still deciding on the ceremony songs, I'd like to incorporate Valentine by Kina Grannis and Kiss the Girl from little mermaid I LOVE that idea!


                LOVE this one! I might play that in the background (instrumental) while we say our vows. :) Great choice!

                 



                #758 JMikla

                JMikla
                • Jr. Member
                • 189 posts

                  Posted 07 August 2011 - 09:37 AM

                  So High - John Legend

                   

                   


                  Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
                  70 guests booked and paid and counting....

                  #759 mllek1986

                  mllek1986
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 182 posts

                    Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

                    Ours is Crazy Love by Van Morrison - its always been our song, love it! ♥



                    #760 Peach

                    Peach
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,293 posts

                      Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

                      Exactly! We saw a wedding while in Mexico earlier this summer, and she walked down the aisle to this song... it was lovely!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users