Photo

What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#741 LindseyM

LindseyM
  • 380 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:54 AM

I think we're dancing to Whatever It Is by Zac Brown Band.  We're pretty obsessed with them and Kevin doesn't mind that it is more about the guy singing to the girl instead of an "us" song...so we'll go with that I think!

#742 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
    • 186 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

i love that song, my fi said he always thinks of me when he hears it, good choice!

Originally Posted by LindseyM 

I think we're dancing to Whatever It Is by Zac Brown Band.  We're pretty obsessed with them and Kevin doesn't mind that it is more about the guy singing to the girl instead of an "us" song...so we'll go with that I think!

#743 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
      • 1,252 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

lol i still havent im torn between the same songs as you, plus a few more

Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

For the last few years we have always said our first dance would be to "everything" by micheal Buble.  However when I heard "God bless the broken road" by Rascal Flatts, I am torn!!  We are definitely not country fans, but the lyrics just seem to fit, and it gives me goosebumps and I tear up.

Not sure what to do.  I think we need to sit down and listen to the lyrics together, maybe even dance to them to see how it feels?... Those of you who had trouble choosing, how did you decide?  Any suggestions?

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#744 ahollo02

ahollo02
        • 296 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Our first dance was to Mario Kart Love Song by Sam Hart.. dorky but it fits us :)

I just went to a wedding last weekend and their first dance was to Smother Me by The Used.. it was amazing!

#745 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

This is my friends sisters wedding song.... she is engaged or even dating anyone but she is dead set on this song!!! I love it and think it is great!!!!!

Originally Posted by ahollo02 

Our first dance was to Mario Kart Love Song by Sam Hart.. dorky but it fits us :)

I just went to a wedding last weekend and their first dance was to Smother Me by The Used.. it was amazing!

#746 FabiLara

FabiLara
            • 172 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

So far (keep changing my mind) it's 

Just a Kiss- by Lady Antebellum

FI sent this song to me one evening when he was missing me a lot and it's been one of our songs ever since...we have so many songs we're spoilt for choice. 

#747 Ariane1126

Ariane1126
              • 70 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

I have no clue yet were thinking better together by jack johnson so far.

#748 Janet1480

Janet1480
                • 709 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

i am so torn as well....STILL LOL my wedding is in less then 3 months and this has been the biggest thorn in my side.

My Fi and I both share a love for Jack Johnson and our song is "better together" we even have it engraved on our bands :) i really wanted the song to be a part of our ceremony becuase the ceremony is what is signifying our love and not the first dance so i was going to walk down to him to Better together during the ceremony and i even found this awesome hawaiin version of it that sounds so tropical and romantic :) HOWEVER that left us with no first dance song LMAO so my Fi said i should walk down to something else and we can dance to better together but i am not convinced.

We have a few songs we are deciding on but if we cant decide i may have to suck it up and walk to something else so we can dance to better together,

We are thinking of maybe dancing to Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

or Landing in London by 3 doors down but the words to the song arent as fitting as Red Jumpsuit..

My fi suggested walking to Train Marry Me but i just feel like that is probably over done now

TORN!!!

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#749 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

We recently switched our first dance song from Allison Krauss's "When you say nothing at all" to Kenny Chesney's "Me and You".  I am not a country fan, but when my fiance played that song for me I really liked it....and it is about the right "pace" for a first dance song.

Another option I liked was Keith Urban's "Memories of Us" - which I think will be the last song we play while seating guests before the mothers get seated.  So in a sense it will be the song my fiance walks in with.

Janet1480 - I will be walking in to Train's "Marry Me".  I am sure it is not original and I am sure the resort staff have heard it a thousand times, but remember that unless your guests attend a lot of destination weddings they probably haven't heard it used (I have never heard a pop song played at a church wedding).  For me it is about what I like and what will be played on our wedding video, not what my guests think is unique.

#750 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                    • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

I so agree!!! I am so in love with walking in to Train Marry Me I don't care what anyone thinks!!!! It makes me happy and that's what matters!!!!!  I am sure it'll make FI happy too lol

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 

We recently switched our first dance song from Allison Krauss's "When you say nothing at all" to Kenny Chesney's "Me and You".  I am not a country fan, but when my fiance played that song for me I really liked it....and it is about the right "pace" for a first dance song.

Another option I liked was Keith Urban's "Memories of Us" - which I think will be the last song we play while seating guests before the mothers get seated.  So in a sense it will be the song my fiance walks in with.

Janet1480 - I will be walking in to Train's "Marry Me".  I am sure it is not original and I am sure the resort staff have heard it a thousand times, but remember that unless your guests attend a lot of destination weddings they probably haven't heard it used (I have never heard a pop song played at a church wedding).  For me it is about what I like and what will be played on our wedding video, not what my guests think is unique.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users