Photo

What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#721 nadennec

nadennec
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

At least he's letting you have a say. Mine just decided on his own, not even asking what i thought.

Originally Posted by nmw134 

This is our biggest "fight" right now concerning the wedding. Everything I like he doesn't, and vice versa. He keeps pulling out the classics (like At Last), and I don't want a song that has been done to death! He also favors country songs, and I hate country music.  We've probably spent several hours trying to pick out a song, and still haven't gotten anywhere.

Nadenne C

#722 LovesJakeyPoo

LovesJakeyPoo
    • 160 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

no clue! been together and we still don't have a song! Lets get it on used to be his ring tone I had for him back in the day and i still think  of him when it's on but lol dunno about that one! lol

#723 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

That's cute!!! You should play it at some point during your reception just as a good laugh for you both!!!!

Originally Posted by LovesJakeyPoo 

no clue! been together and we still don't have a song! Lets get it on used to be his ring tone I had for him back in the day and i still think  of him when it's on but lol dunno about that one! lol

#724 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
        • 402 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

This one is really hard for me. I told Brian he is in charge of music. Sometimes we get really into it and just sit and DJ all night. We have been keeping a list of songs that we would like to hear but not one of them has popped as "our song".

#725 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
          • 402 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by mel72683 

I guess I am lucky with this my FH loved the song I picked.  It was his ringtone for when he called me for a long time.  Jason Mraz - I'm Yours...

This song is perfect! Jason Mraz is totally appropraite and appeals to more than one age group IMO. good call!

#726 LovesJakeyPoo

LovesJakeyPoo
            • 160 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:02 PM

lol ya we will....thankfully no grandparents or anything are coming to the DW =)

#727 Lindy S

Lindy S
              • 201 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

I've been thinking about "Then" too...I love that song! :)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Lost in this moment is one of my favs, we are thinking that or "Then" - Brad Paisley

#728 deniden

deniden
                • Site Supporter
                • 355 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
                • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by nmw134 

This is our biggest "fight" right now concerning the wedding. Everything I like he doesn't, and vice versa. He keeps pulling out the classics (like At Last), and I don't want a song that has been done to death! He also favors country songs, and I hate country music.  We've probably spent several hours trying to pick out a song, and still haven't gotten anywhere.

Have you ever heard "Making Memories of Us" by Keith Urban? I know you don't like country, but it doesn't sound super country to me, and the lyrics are nice (my dad loves the song).

#729 nmw134

nmw134
                • 98 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

deniden - we actually listened to "making memories of us" last night after a friend suggested it. i did actually like it, and its in our possible list, so thanks!

#730 LovesJakeyPoo

LovesJakeyPoo
                  • 160 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

Wish My FI liked Country I love the making memories of us song...too cute! I really like God bless the broken road by Rascal flatts, I always thought when I get married (it would be a long shot...so i thought) This would be the song for sure! Magic from Colbie Callet reminds meeh of my FI a lot  we used to live long distance and I would listen to this song on repeat to get meeh through the 2 hour drive =)   Lol we will probably dance to Slightly Stoopid or Bob Marley or something though if it was totally up to him!  We got some time to figure it out though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users