Photo

What's your first dance song?

• Please log in to reply
997 replies to this topic

#711 nadennec

nadennec
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Does anyone have the problem of your FI insists on a particular song for your first dance song, but you really don't want it? How do i tell him i don't want to dance to that song if it has alot of meaning to him? I just don't think its the type of song I want to (slow) dance to in front of everyone watching...is that bad?

Nadenne C

#712 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
    • Banned
    • 630 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

We are also doing "When You Say Nothing At All" by Alison Krauss

, which my fiance  which .I think the only way to get around a song your fiance loves and you dislike is to come up with an even better idea.  I don't think this is a situation where you can say "I just don't like that one" as that just sounds like you are shooting him down.  I think it would sound better if you said "Your choice is definitely an option, but I would much rather dance to _____ as our first dance." so it doesn't sound like you are rejecting his idea - you just have an idea you like better.

Originally Posted by nadennec 

Does anyone have the problem of your FI insists on a particular song for your first dance song, but you really don't want it? How do i tell him i don't want to dance to that song if it has alot of meaning to him? I just don't think its the type of song I want to (slow) dance to in front of everyone watching...is that bad?

#713 nadennec

nadennec
      • 215 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

I wish it were that easy, he didn't even give the option of "how about this song". When i started to talk about it for the first time and asked "what song do you think for our first dance" he automatically said his song IS what we are dancing to. And its not that i dont like it, its just more of a song you would play in the bedroom when we're alone, if you know what i mean...

I feel bad that i don't want to dance to it, I just feel like it's going to be awkward with my parents and all my family there.

Nadenne C

#714 JBean

JBean
        • 429 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:00 AM

I would just tell him what you're telling us. It's your first dance song as a couple (not just his), it should be a song you both love and feel comfortable with!

Originally Posted by nadennec 

I wish it were that easy, he didn't even give the option of "how about this song". When i started to talk about it for the first time and asked "what song do you think for our first dance" he automatically said his song IS what we are dancing to. And its not that i dont like it, its just more of a song you would play in the bedroom when we're alone, if you know what i mean...

I feel bad that i don't want to dance to it, I just feel like it's going to be awkward with my parents and all my family there.

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
          Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
          Bride & Groom + 29

#715 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
          • 1,748 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

Lost in this moment is one of my favs, we are thinking that or "Then" - Brad Paisley

Originally Posted by june11bride 

Haha for us, it ended up being a random song played by our Mariachi band-- we weren't expecting them to call us up for a dance!! But then later we did our "second first dance" song which was "Lost in This Moment" - Big and Rich.

Both were great!!

#716 Cdunn514

Cdunn514
            • 186 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

I think we are going to to Me & You by Kenny Chesney

#717 Tammy86

Tammy86
              • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

Our first dance is GooGoo Dolls Iris (other half knows it as a Spiderman song) but it is so romantic!

#718 deniden

deniden
                • Site Supporter
                • 355 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
                • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:46 AM

We are doing "Back at One" by Brian McKnight.

#719 nmw134

nmw134
                • 98 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

This is our biggest "fight" right now concerning the wedding. Everything I like he doesn't, and vice versa. He keeps pulling out the classics (like At Last), and I don't want a song that has been done to death! He also favors country songs, and I hate country music.  We've probably spent several hours trying to pick out a song, and still haven't gotten anywhere.

#720 mel72683

mel72683
                  • 52 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

I guess I am lucky with this my FH loved the song I picked.  It was his ringtone for when he called me for a long time.  Jason Mraz - I'm Yours...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users